Sign in to follow this  
MD13

Very sad :-(

i know a kfc spoon when i see one

post-51309-0-81145600-1420788236.png

• Like 5

i know a kfc spoon when i see one

attachicon.giflmao.png

Maybe driver was distracted by their potato and gravy.

In all seriousness, hope they're ok though!

• Like 1

This will sell for 10 thousand plus - there is double that in good parts.

It's a good thing in many ways, means the parts will be reborn into another BMW that could do with a S54 M engine under the hood.

Heck, would be great for someone wanting to do a S54 E46 Touring "M3"

Maybe driver was distracted by their potato and gravy.

In all seriousness, hope they're ok though!

have yet to conquer the P&G while driving. wicked wings however...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

This will sell for 10 thousand plus - there is double that in good parts.

wheels and interior are worth something, motor maybe depending on damage , SMG pot luck, the rest is scrap steel.

It's a good thing in many ways, means the parts will be reborn into another BMW that could do with a S54 M engine under the hood.

Don't tell anyone, but I reckon an E39 with an S54 would be a bit of fun :ph34r:

• Like 2

Don't tell anyone, but I reckon an E39 with an S54 would be a bit of fun :ph34r:

I think so too.

Wouldn't be super quick with the weight gain but would make for a nice drive.

Then again compared to 530i it would be considerably quicker.

If someone wants to sponsor me, I'll S54 my e36 touring.

• Like 2

I think so too.

Wouldn't be super quick with the weight gain but would make for a nice drive.

Then again compared to 530i it would be considerably quicker.

Hard to find "Official" weights... but I think you'll find the weight of the driver can make more difference than the weight of the car.

3's aren't light, 5's aren't heavy... unless you compare a 318i and a 540i Touring. I'd imagine an E46 M3, and a 530i both in manual are probably pretty close.

From what I've read 1500-1600kg would be a realistic figure for a basic 6 cyl E39

yup our manual 525i owners manual says 1565kg.

online E46 manual says 1549 kg.

Dunno how much weight would transfer with the drivetrain into the E39. I assume there would be some weight gain. maybe make a total of 100kgs heavier?

That's less than me :lol:

• Like 1

Didn't the last of these get CSL headers , rotor's , Callipers ?

Sat Nav will have the best of the BM tuners with AUX and ID3 track names as well.

Sat Nav will have the best of the BM tuners with AUX and ID3 track names as well.

Nope the CS version had CSL headers, cats, entire exhaust basically, brakes, suspension, steering rack etc etc.

Last of the few m3s got csl headers but that's it.

Hey Neal you've got the awesome sound system setup in your m3 right? I'd rather like to pick your brains over that one day, brilliant work mate if I can say so! would be nice to see the finished project at a meet hopefully? :)

Edited by DSCOFF

Correct.

Nope the CS version had CSL headers, cats, entire exhaust basically, brakes, suspension, steering rack etc etc.

Actually that's wrong ... the CS only got the CSL Headers if made post 03/05, front brakes, DSC module (very rare and worth a bit of money these), steering rack, steering wheel and handbrake cover and the rear wheels (the fronts were 0.5" narrower), the rest are standard M3 items. It did get the HP DME however, but the tune is identical to the rest of the range.

All M3 made post 03/2005 got the CSL headers also, but not the rest of the exhaust system - only the CSL had the full system.

Still not the best headers you can get for the S54 ... that belongs to the P54 motorsport item which I nearly purchased a set not long ago - rumored to be good for an additional 15hp+

Edited by M3_Power
  • Like 2

Correct.

Actually that's wrong ... the CS only got the CSL Headers if made post 03/05, front brakes, DSC module (very rare and worth a bit of money these), steering rack, steering wheel and handbrake cover and the rear wheels (the fronts were 0.5" narrower), the rest are standard M3 items. It did get the HP DME however, but the tune is identical to the rest of the range.

All M3 made post 03/2005 got the CSL headers also, but not the rest of the exhaust system - only the CSL had the full system.

Still not the best headers you can get for the S54 ... that belongs to the P54 motorsport item which I nearly purchased a set not long ago - rumored to be good for an additional 15hp+

I stand corrected there so only if the CS it made post 03/2005 interesting stuff Tom. (I shouldn't look at personal spec to decipher options really).

Yup that's what I meant with the last M3s they got the CSL headers. (don't think I mentioned entire exhaust system)

Edited by DSCOFF

Its SMG. Let it go.

have yet to conquer the P&G while driving. wicked wings however...

Dude, you need only come for a drive with a guy I co-drive a rally car with, he can do a P&G, a Double Down, chips and two pieces of chicken in a manual Hilux whilst towing a rally car and not raise a sweat... I swear that's more impressive than actually driving the rally car.

• Like 3

He wouldnt happen to drive a red hilux would he ? If so i know the guy haha

• Like 1

Dude, you need only come for a drive with a guy I co-drive a rally car with, he can do a P&G, a Double Down, chips and two pieces of chicken in a manual Hilux whilst towing a rally car and not raise a sweat...  I swear that's more impressive than actually driving the rally car.

guess what my first thought was haha Posted Image

• Like 1

Hey Neal you've got the awesome sound system setup in your m3 right? I'd rather like to pick your brains over that one day, brilliant work mate if I can say so! would be nice to

see the finished project at a meet hopefully? :)

Thanks and shaw thing. I'd do a few things differently if I was to do it again.

Haha looks like it'll be another s54 for ray to stick into something woohoo :D

Maybe if the price is right. Unfortunately was a mistreated example before the collision.

I see it has done 140km not the originally stated 59k. That will affect the price a bit.