Sign in to follow this  
HSB

Carjacking

if this is a yarn to get out of mssing a dealine then the man's got commitment :lol:

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11390262

in all seriousness though, what mongrels

"He told me that he would poke me in the eyes. I hadn't unlocked the doors, and when I did a Maori guy got into the passenger side and started jabbing me in the back while the other guy pulled me out of the car door."

• Like 1

Happened to an ex when she was on mt eden. Stole the car ... cops caught them 5 hours later... the noobs parked the car in a drive way and tried to deny it. Officer was on his way past the house when he spotted it.

One of my many paranoid fears driving the cab around with the top down all the time....

• Like 1

I had pulled over one night at about 1am to disconnect my horns as I had a faulty horn button and the horns kept going randomly. As I got back in my car I noticed a group of 4-5 coming towards me quickly that I had a bad feeling about. I had just started the car and about to take off when one tryed to rip me out of the car.

I floored it and took off, he finally fell away / let go at about 60kph and I felt him hit the back of the car. No idea what happened to him, nor do I care. No need for people like that

• Like 12

Honestly, what the f**k. Where was this? I've been pretty carefree about this kinda stuff but this is pretty alarming. Time for a stroker I think, so I can pull away fast enough...

• Like 1

Happened to an ex when she was on mt eden. Stole the car ... cops caught them 5 hours later... the noobs parked the car in a drive way and tried to deny it. Officer was on his way past the house when he spotted it.

I had pulled over one night at about 1am to disconnect my horns as I had a faulty horn button and the horns kept going randomly. As I got back in my car I noticed a group of 4-5 coming towards me quickly that I had a bad feeling about. I had just started the car and about to take off when one tryed to rip me out of the car.

I floored it and took off, he finally fell away / let go at about 60kph and I felt him hit the back of the car. No idea what happened to him, nor do I care. No need for people like that

wow and wow.

has it happened to anyone else on here?

Disgusting. That story is just sickening.

A lot of low lives in "clean green" NZ

Time for some mace or something. Is that even legal in this country?

Disgusting. That story is just sickening.

A lot of low lives in "clean green" NZ

Time for some mace or something. Is that even legal in this country?

low lifes live every where - not one country doesn't have crime haha

car jacking is section 234 - Crimes Act 1961

http://www.legislation.govt.nz/act/public/1961/0043/latest/DLM330250.html?search=sw_096be8ed80fbce21_robbery_25_se&p=1

and possesion of mace is also illegal, section 8 - Arms Order 1984

http://www.legislation.govt.nz/regulation/public/1984/0122/latest/whole.html

• Like 2

Honestly, what the f**k. Where was this? I've been pretty carefree about this kinda stuff but this is pretty alarming. Time for a stroker I think, so I can pull away fast enough...

Hamilton. I was in the turbo, and wasn't mucking around when I took off.

This an a few other incidents are why i'm overly security conscious. Its not just with cars either, When touring with my band around NZ & Aus the unfortunate downside is dealing with drunk and other shady people at 3am. You learn to get a pretty good judge of people pretty quick and avoidance is the best way. If it looks like trouble, it pretty much will be.

Have door locks set to lock after 30kph (can code that stuff in on '99+ cars) That and driving at night coming up to red light intersections is always scope for opportunists and drunk red light runners (so many of these)...

• Like 6

One of my many paranoid fears driving the cab around with the top down all the time....

You do feel more vulnerable, being out in the open... but then you can keep a F#3k off big stick down under the seat, should it be needed at any point :ph34r: !

I hired an E36 Cab for my wedding and was driving it through London, when an anti-capitalist protest turned into a smash sh!t up riot just around the corner whilst I was stuck in traffic, was more than a little worried then, mostly about whether I would have to pay for any damage excess!!

You do feel more vulnerable, being out in the open... but then you can keep a F#3k off big stick down under the seat, should it be needed at any point :ph34r: !

that raises an interesting point - while a "big stick" (bahaha) could likely be construed as a weapon should you have a socket wrench under your seat its unlikely it could be proven that it hadn't "slipped under there" from the back seat

unless, ofcouse, you write about it on a forum

• Like 3

Carjacking should not be occuring in New Zealand. Coming from South Africa and having had my old man being carjacked and shot this is kind of shocking. If it was a country like South Africa I would suggest never leave home without your gun .38 .44 Glock 19 etc but there really is no need for that. The worst thing you could do is provoke a carjacking situation it seems. The guy who got carjacked should of stood his ground a little though. It is your property so protect it. I know some people who have died for less in saying that. Shocking

• Like 1

Wasn't intended as such, I was genuinely interested in the advice.

Sorry if it came across wrong!

Good point Helena

that raises an interesting point -  while a "big stick" (bahaha) could likely be construed as a weapon should you have a socket wrench under your seat its unlikely it could be proven that it hadn't "slipped under there" from the back seat

unless, ofcouse, you write about it on a forum

Carjacking should not be occuring in New Zealand. Coming from South Africa and having had my old man being carjacked and shot this is kind of shocking. If it was a country like South Africa I would suggest never leave home without your gun .38 .44 Glock 19 etc but there really is no need for that. The worst thing you could do is provoke a carjacking situation it seems. The guy who got carjacked should of stood his ground a little though. It is your property so protect it. I know some people who have died for less in saying that. Shocking 

Those window washing pricks at the lights make me paranoid, don't trust 'em as far as as I could kick 'em.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Those window washing pricks at the lights make me paranoid, don't trust 'em as far as as I could kick 'em.

Hell yes. They are dodgy as hell. They use it as an opportunity to scope the vehicle for valuables and relay the message to their associates. They then mark the vehicle and operate in a ring. Then it gets jacked, then the house of the owner also gets done over. Ive had relatives in Port Shepstone be murdered by guys coming through their roof with machine guns the day after their car was hijacked. Its ridiculous aye
  • Like 1

Don't think it would go that far in NZ, although in saying that, there's a lot of unnecessary petty crime that goes on here that really doesn't need to. For instance, car theft - I started a thread recently about my brother's Euro R being stolen in Wellington, which was found the next day on the other side of town missing all the factory Euro R bits and some other stuff (stereo, front seats, Defi gauges, gear knob, aaaaaaand the floor mats!) which is pretty bloody pathetic. The car ended up being written off because of the replacement value of the seats! Back home, nobody would have seen the car again, it would've disappeared into a township, stripped of anything of value and burnt to a crisp before you even report it as stolen!

• Like 1

Unfortunately it happens in this country .. not too often. The main cause of it is that cancer drug P. It drives normal people to do some stupid sh*t.

• Like 4

Don't think it would go that far in NZ, although in saying that, there's a lot of unnecessary petty crime that goes on here that really doesn't need to. For instance, car theft - I started a thread recently about my brother's Euro R being stolen in Wellington, which was found the next day on the other side of town missing all the factory Euro R bits and some other stuff (stereo, front seats, Defi gauges, gear knob, aaaaaaand the floor mats!) which is pretty bloody pathetic. The car ended up being written off because of the replacement value of the seats! Back home, nobody would have seen the car again, it would've disappeared into a township, stripped of anything of value and burnt to a crisp before you even report it as stolen!

In my teenage years I used to own a Honda Integra Type R. The same thing happened to me but I kind of spent like 20k on the car including motor work. Never got it back from insurance though in form of payment. They paid me what the car was worth at the time. 13 k. It sucks that this happens. At that point it was right outside the Naval Base in Devonport and apparently the guards didn't see a thing. First car in view and they didnt notice. That taught me that things like that do happen in this country. Second lesson learnt was my Version 9 WRX. was a bit more lucky with that one. They found it with a busted ignition and door lock. Since then I have been more on guard and aware of where I park and leave my vehicle

• Like 1

yeah i had the same thing, of all times it was when i had my Merc 190E. I dont think that car ever accelerated as quickly, accelerator was through the firewall.

Playing with fire, being a lanky white guy rolling a Mercedes through the street that happened to be fair

A drunk guy jumped in my car one night at an intersection... turned out I knew him, so I gave him a ride home.

Only in New Zealand

• Like 1

Good point Helena

i hate you aaahahah

i hate you aaahahah

Bahahaha dont blame me brah. Aint my fault
  • Like 1