Sign in to follow this  
Breaker

Nice wagon but big money? Thoughts on 330i

Kinda relative I think. Where else do you find a mint low kms 330i, let a lone a desirable Touring.

Then again it is automatic and it is an earlier 2001 model so it's possibly getting a touch steep.

• Like 1

I like it and if I was in the market for a nice Touring that I wanted to hang on to I would pay 15k for it in a heartbeat. I'm an ex. 2001 330 owner and they really are bullet proof. Small things to watch on older but still low km e46 include suspension knocks, radiator expansion tank, water ingress into lights on cars kept outside.

• Like 1

i reckon its priced about right for an asking price. probably will sell or get offers of 15k which would be both a good buying and selling price.

Why does an e46 get a 4 star ANCAP safety rating when it previously had a 5 star rating & and a 2015 Suzuki Swift which failed its independent crash test result get a 5 star ANCAP rating?

I know the answer to this .. and it has nothing to do with safety.

• Like 3

A 2001 Touring advertised at 16.5k... I wonder what a 2002 Touring might be worth? (Even if it has covered 7x as many kms... :) )

• Like 4

Perfect for S54 repower.

• Like 9

^^if you really want to look at 318 / 320i E91s maybe. It would have to be a very rough / high miles E91 330/335i M-Sport for that kind of money.

^^if you really want to look at 318 / 320i E91s maybe. It would have to be a very rough / high miles E91 330/335i M-Sport for that kind of money.

Heaps of E91 325i's for close to that price...

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/bmw/auction-851053370.htm

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/bmw/auction-822632859.htm

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/bmw/auction-839260436.htm

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/bmw/auction-867185912.htm

Edited by Matth5

2.5 and 3L is a big difference

If both options are E46's, yes.

E46 2.5l: 141 kW ; 245 N·m

E46 3l: 170 kW ; 300 N·m

E90 2.5l: 160 kW; 250 N·m

With the E91 you're getting a newer, more modern car.

Love my E46 but in this situation I'd pick the E91.

Only thing the E46 has the lead on is power. The E91 will have all the E90 improvements like better seats, handling, maybe you score some nice options like comfort access...

Although I'm sure you could actually find a much better deal on an E46 330i than that one.

Edited by Matth5

Heaps of E91 325i's for close to that price...

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/bmw/auction-851053370.htm

Err, yeah. Clicked on the link for that first ugly E91, non-Msport fugly rims, jap import and $4k more. Threw up, went no further.

If you'd rather that than the E46, good luck to you fella.

• Like 1

Err, yeah. Clicked on the link for that first ugly E91, non-Msport fugly rims, jap import and $4k more. Threw up, went no further.

If you'd rather that than the E46, good luck to you fella.

Edit: Deleted my post. Conversation's a waste of time if you weren't patient enough to look further than the first one.

Edited by Matth5

I thought about this car but went red NZ new E91 335i for 2 grand more that came up at the same time, mind you it had 140kms on it but god has it been loved and does it go, finding JB4 installed was a bonus.

Edited by 335i Touring NZ

I thought about this car but went red NZ new E91 335i for 2 grand more that came up at the same time, mind you it had 140kms on it but god has it been loved and does it go, finding JB4 installed was a bonus.

TBH - probably do the same on reflection, but this does give the special vibe to me lol

Damn, that's a good deal