Sign in to follow this  
kulgan

Found my Holy Grail.

Just promise that you will keep the 1980s mobile phone in the console! You might even be able to get it connected to the modern networks??

Just promise that you will keep the 1980s mobile phone in the console! You might even be able to get it connected to the modern networks??

Funnily enough from reading on some other forum it seems you can get a replacement ph. Looks exactly the same but it'll take a Vodafone prepay sim card. And I might just do it. Total waste of time given that my cell ph goes everywhere with me but what the heck. The novelty of a working car ph is great..lol

Great find and purchase.

I would keep it blue, would rock it, wear a blue suit and some Ray Bans.

22310showing.jpg

The interior will clean up nice with some suds and a bit of elbow grease. Maybe just tint the windows.

• Like 1

Funnily enough from reading on some other forum it seems you can get a replacement ph. Looks exactly the same but it'll take a Vodafone prepay sim card. And I might just do it. Total waste of time given that my cell ph goes everywhere with me but what the heck. The novelty of a working car ph is great..lol

You can, I have one in my 540. Its cordless too for extra win.

Great find and purchase.

I would keep it blue, would rock it, wear a blue suit and some Ray Bans.

The interior will clean up nice with some suds and a bit of elbow grease. Maybe just tint the windows.

I'll wait and see how bad that blue looks when I see it in person. lol.

You can, I have one in my 540. Its cordless too for extra win.

Where did you find that? Your right. Cordless does have that extra win factor..lol

Needs cord for extra retro cool - plus you can strangle annoying passengers with it if necessary.

• Like 5

I luv my current

Cools story - I'm interested in why the 750i is your holy grail?

& lol @ a $250k car selling for $2k.

I luv my current E38 740i. Luv the way it looks. Luv the way it drives and handles. luv that it out performs my old 2000 SS Commodore. And the pinnicle of e38's is the V12. Only trouble with that is I'm not a huge fan of the long wheel base il's that seem to be the only V12's avaliable..

750i is my Holy Grail because it's a short wheel base E38 V12 which also happens to be a very very rare car.

Oh, and I dont understand why I got it so cheap. I certainly would have paid a whole lot more for it.

• Like 1

Big day tomorrow.

Doubt I'll be able to sleep much tonight.

6am start in the morning and drive to Hamilton to pick it up then the drive home with it on a trailer.

Then the fun begins..lol

• Like 3

Yeah. This is one trip I never thought would happen.

I feel like a kid the night before Christmas morning. lol

• Like 1

yea they don't go for much these days , the bigger more expensive models devalue so much

you don't want to know what I paid for my black on black 98 750il 130k's sitting on 20" rims , no key and dead-locked , reg lapsed

police impound ex drug dealer ,money launder dudes car

turned out to be a really good car

• Like 1

missed this thread, great news!

cant see why the iL appeals in the E38, looks wierd, the i makes more sence

• Like 2

Cheers Andy.

I couldn't agree more. The il's just look out of proportion to me. Also when I want to own a limo it'll be when I can take advantage of the back seat and not be driving it. lol

Picked it up today.
It's definitely seen better days but I'll do my best to bring it back.
Had a couple of nice surprises for me.
Number 1 being that I didn't hate the blue upholstery. The pics washed it out a bit and it's a lot darker than I thought.
The ski bag and first aid kit looked like they've never been touched and the tool kit was complete. First time I've seen a complete tool kit in a E38..lol
Its also has a cool wood inlay option in the interior that you don't see too often.
The one bummer was the dent in the rear door that appeared after they sent me pics prior to purchase.
It is a bit rough around the edges but a bit of love I'll bring her back to her former glory..

The poor 740i was nearly bottomed out on the way back but I nursed her home.

post-17205-0-03840900-1430902369_thumb.j

post-17205-0-14545900-1430902512.jpg

post-17205-0-74757000-1430902563.jpg

Edited by kulgan
  • Like 2

towcar needs 2" drop in the front

• Like 1

towcar needs 2" drop in the front

ha ha. Or a V12 in the front to match the weight of the V12 on the back.