Sign in to follow this  
coreyjmacpherson

ACC LEVIES

OK so just got my Rego notification in the post. I own a 2004 E46. ACC are classing it as a band 3 being $103.46 . http://m.rightcar.govt.nz/m/?plate=fet233&s=pr

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the 2005 E46 the exact same car specs wise? So why are the 2005 E46 on band 4 at $68.46 http://m.rightcar.govt.nz/m/?plate=flp28&s=pr

I can imagine this is going to be a problem for acc. I think what may have happened is acc is using only data from 2005 to rate the vehicles but they haven't thought about the fact the 2004 or prior years are exactly the same vehicle.

Thoughts anyone?

Are they scamming the people who aren't clever enough to figure out they maybe paying too much rego?

• Like 1

They would be lumping the E46 in with the E90 year of 2005.

I have the same issue with my Soarer in the 1991 year change over of models.

Annoying but oh well.

They would be lumping the E46 in with the E90 year of 2005.

I have the same issue with my Soarer in the 1991 year change over of models. 

Annoying but oh well. 

Nothing to do with the e90. They only have data based on the 2005 e46 nothing prior. Which means they haven't made all that model or the preface lift with the same safety standards, the same. And the people that have organised the change in levies are obviously just accountants not safety inspectors!

Sent from my HP 8 using Tapatalk

You would think it was based on VIN numbers, but no . . .

A mate and myself have Audi RS2's, numerically the cars followed each other down the production line (1 VIN number difference), they are exactly the same spec apart from the colour.

My car is registered as an Audi RS2 Avant, his is registered as a Audi Avant RS2. My car is cheaper to register because its in Band 2 while his RS2 is more expensive because its been placed in Band 1.

I enquired about this and it is based way the cars name has been registered! This seems crazy. Surely they can have a system that works based on VIN's instead of what the some office lady wrote on the registration form.

Nothing to do with the e90. They only have data based on the 2005 e46 nothing prior. Which means they haven't made all that model or the preface lift with the same safety standards, the same. And the people that have organised the change in levies are obviously just accountants not safety inspectors.

I love the way you not only start another thread on this but also ask a question, get an answer from another member (which by the way is actually correct) and then proceed to tell them they are wrong. Why ask if you know the answer??

Oh, and welcome to the forum!

Edited by E30 325i Rag-Top
  • Like 6

I love the way you not only start another thread on this but also ask a question, get an answer from another member (which by the way is actually correct) and then proceed to tell them they are wrong. Why ask if you know the answer??

Oh, and welcome to the forum!

I love admins that just stir! Maybe if you weren't still a baby (26) and had more interest than beer and boobies, I might actually care about what you have just said. As for the introduction, I am using the tapatalk ap and have introduced myself all over the place if I haven't done that here yet I apologise. What should I tell you about my reasonably private life? I am male and own a e46 touring. Anything else you need to know.....mate? Acc have set this up very strategically and I suspect they will make more off making sure people are deceived into thinking the government has released this new setup so it must be correct. Who ever made the comment about e46 and e90 may be correct. E90's are a different car. I can see on the right car site there is two separate listings for e46 and e90. And yes the e90 is safer. But the 2005 e46 is getting a safer rating than it should. So I guess I will be paying more but there is still a problem with the system that you and I should be holding acc to account for. I like making sure the powers that be are doing right by the tax payer, don't you Mr admin?

As stated in the other thread you posted in there will be some teething problems with the roll out of any new system. Especially when your dealing with cars. So many makes and models and sub models to deal with. I dont know but I'd assume there would be some kind of review process you could go through.

Seriously? You have 5 posts and you want to go poking sticks at someone who's not only a respected contributor to the forums but a moderator as well? :wacko: Good luck with that..lol :ph34r:

Edited by kulgan
  • Like 3

They can always put it up to what it was before... would that make you happier???

I love admins that just stir! Maybe if you weren't still a baby (26) and had more interest than beer and boobies, I might actually care about what you have just said.

I don't know where you got that from haha, Jon is a very well respected member, and I'd imagine he is closer to 26 years experience with BMWs than he is to being a "baby".

I think you have Jon mixed up with me to be honest, that description is literally what I put in my bio when I made my account however many years ago.

I do agree with what Jon said though.

post-1246-0-29880700-1436995118_thumb.jp

• Like 2

I love admins that just stir! Maybe if you weren't still a baby (26) and had more interest than beer and boobies, I might actually care about what you have just said. As for the introduction, I am using the tapatalk ap and have introduced myself all over the place if I haven't done that here yet I apologise. What should I tell you about my reasonably private life? I am male and own a e46 touring. Anything else you need to know.....mate? Acc have set this up very strategically and I suspect they will make more off making sure people are deceived into thinking the government has released this new setup so it must be correct. Who ever made the comment about e46 and e90 may be correct. E90's are a different car. I can see on the right car site there is two separate listings for e46 and e90. And yes the e90 is safer. But the 2005 e46 is getting a safer rating than it should. So I guess I will be paying more but there is still a problem with the system that you and I should be holding acc to account for. I like making sure the powers that be are doing right by the tax payer, don't you Mr admin?

Not stirring, just making the point that you've come in a bit hot there, and this post backs that up.

If you want to wage war on the establishment and "stick it to the man" then antsy posts on Bimmersport aren't going to achieve anything.

I suggest you back up, see how things work on this forum, and then go again.

Oh, and beer and boobies... Mmmm. Wish I was 26 again, or maybe not...

Edited by E30 325i Rag-Top

Who needs more than beer and boobies awyway?

Who needs more than beer and boobies awyway?

I'm going to have to add to that.

Beer, boobies and a BMW. Life's complete.

Not stirring, just making the point that you've come in a bit hot there, and this post backs that up.

If you want to wage war on the establishment and "stick it to the man" then antsy posts on Bimmersport aren't going to achieve anything.

I suggest you back up, see how things work on this forum, and then go again.

Oh, and beer and boobies... Mmmm. Wish I was 26 again, or maybe not...

OK 1) appoliges for mixing up the users, don't know how that happened. 2) think of me as you wish no one here knows me and that is probably the way it will stay. 3) this is a forum, a place to discuss. 6) it is no place to try and control people by suggesting they think of things a certain way. 4) I only get personal as a reaction to others doing the same. 5) right car have two an cap listings separately for the 05 e90 and the 05 e46. Can't see how that would mean they based the e46 on the e90. 6) I cannot believe the way I have already been spoken to, so think the rumors about BMW owners might just about be correct. I really hope everyone that already has it in for me can move on instead of changing the subject and telling me to go to my room. All I was pointing out was acc have always tried to save money or make money off people that need their help. Massive bunch of c words if you ask me. Get it right then change it. They have thrown a grenade and hoped for the best. Have a happy evening.

FWIW...

Right car and the licensing system are completely seperate. The information on Rightcar, Fuelsaver and other govt web-sites comes from a database populated by model code, with info provided by the car companies. That is why it can differentiate between an '05 E46 and an '05 E90, engine size, auto or manual etc.

The ACC / rego system is set up on a broader level (mainly due to the 1000s of model variants brought in as imports). So the vehicles are classed as, say an '01 3 Series, no problem there. But when there is a changeover, like in '04, both generations get covered the E46 and E90. In this instance any '04 E46 get the benefit of being grouped with the later, safer E90s.

So in effect there are some people that are being under-charged rather than over. And let's not forget the whole reason this is happening is ACC have a surplus and are using it to reduce the payments for ALL car owners. Ok, so the system ain't perfect but let's not lose sight of the big picture.

FWIW...

Right car and the licensing system are completely seperate. The information on Rightcar, Fuelsaver and other govt web-sites comes from a database populated by model code, with info provided by the car companies. That is why it can differentiate between an '05 E46 and an '05 E90, engine size, auto or manual etc.

The ACC / rego system is set up on a broader level (mainly due to the 1000s of model variants brought in as imports). So the vehicles are classed as, say an '01 3 Series, no problem there. But when there is a changeover, like in '04, both generations get covered the E46 and E90. In this instance any '04 E46 get the benefit of being grouped with the later, safer E90s.

So in effect there are some people that are being under-charged rather than over. And let's not forget the whole reason this is happening is ACC have a surplus and are using it to reduce the payments for ALL car owners. Ok, so the system ain't perfect but let's not lose sight of the big picture.

That's just it, the 04 e46 that I own does not not have the same rating as the e90 but the 05 e46 does.

I think you have Jon mixed up with me to be honest, that description is literally what I put in my bio when I made my account however many years ago.

I do agree with what Jon said though.

Sorry about the mix up!

FWIW...

Check the two links I posted on the pg1 an 04 and an 05 scroll down check the levies.