Sign in to follow this  
kulgan

Who could manufacture an adapter plate similar to this?

I'm trying to work something different out for my car and dont want to say too much at the moment.

I'm looking for someone who can, working from pictures and parts measure up and make adapter plates similar to the one on the left of this pic.

Any suggestions.

http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=522458&d=1421979786

Edited by kulgan

Cheers. Was going to fix that when I got home from work this morning but you beat me to it..lol

Are the parts flat? Ie no steps or shoulders?

If so laser cutting would be ideal with the holes tapped afterwards

I can cad it up for you so you can approach your local cutter if you want.

• Like 1

Just been given the email address of the guy who made the adapters in the pic so I'll flick him an email as I'm told he has more than one set laying around.

Next step would be to fit these..

Just to keep you all guessing..lol

post-17205-0-04162500-1446497070_thumb.j

Edited by kulgan

I've had a proper google now and can see what you are trying to do. <Like>

If you can find someone who has a known working solution, might be a good idea to go with it. Unless you can DIY the machining (which based on how you asked I assume no), then I suspect the cost of getting it done locally on a custom basis would quickly add up...

Oh ok I see where this is headed. Offshore cnc is reasonable $ wise compared to local. Something like the second pic in one piece would be in the $1400 ish range per side I would have thought based on a Mi16 itb adaptor I had quotes a few years back. Again requires cad data.

Ok then..lol. A few of you guessed. Probably cause I couldn't help myself and had to throw that other pic out there.

A guy managed to get one of these working on his 540i. As it's the same engine as my M60B40 theres no reason why it wont go into my 740i other than it might be a tight squeeze to get the throttle body in the back of the engine bay. We'll see.

This is a much cheaper option for boost than going Dinan or VF centrifugal.

post-17205-0-76271600-1446526364_thumb.j

• Like 7

I hope it requires a power bulge in the bonnet B)

Just a gentle/subtle one.

• Like 1

Maybe there's someone around here who's good with fibreglass who could do a bonnet with a subtle buldge..lol

It should fit under there without modifying the bonnet though a subtle buldge in the bonnet could be a nice touch..

Paging Hans

He ever has an E38 he could model off

Sounds like the power bulge officially just became a thing.

• Like 3

Eaton M112? I like!

following

• Like 1

Eaton M112? I like!

following

Sure is. He got this to work using larger injectors, a larger maf and fmu. No tuning and on the stock dme.

He's getting 9-10lbs boost with a 2.8in pully. So the potential is there for more if the trans can handle it..lol

Edited by kulgan
  • Like 1

In for power bulge

Just in the bonnet...?
  • Like 2

I've tamed a machinist, and he is pretty good with the price of one-off type jobs. But his lead times can be pretty massive. If the guy who originally made em can supply you that's the way to go, otherwise see if you can get the files...

+1 to pants bonnet bulge

Edited by tawatech
  • Like 2

Is that a charger off an XJR?

Yes it is. Pretty cool aye..lol

• Like 1

The positivie displacement charger is not only cheaper than a centrifugal unit they're also better, boost through the lower rpm range, more air volume per revolution and a much better noise.

The old M112 Jag ones are quite cool setup, but do require a bit of thought to use on another engine. I thought about using one on a 1UZ-FE but have been focusing elsewhere for the meantime.

Did this guy do much to strengthen the M62 for a supercharger setup 10 PSI seems like a lot on one of those.

• Like 1

He's running a stock M62. He's also put larger rotors in the M112 case adding 9% volume and water/methanol injection. Apparently theres so much torque 1st gear is useless.

I'd be happy with the stock 3in pulley which gives about 8lbs boost.

The positivie displacement charger is not only cheaper than a centrifugal unit they're also better, boost through the lower rpm range, more air volume per revolution and a much better noise.

The old M112 Jag ones are quite cool setup, but do require a bit of thought to use on another engine. I thought about using one on a 1UZ-FE but have been focusing elsewhere for the meantime.

Did this guy do much to strengthen the M62 for a supercharger setup 10 PSI seems like a lot on one of those.

I think the M62 would be quite strong, similar crank / rod and piston design / technology as the M52. Can't see why it wouldn't handle 600hp + on a good setup

• Like 1