E30 325i Rag-Top

Is This Where The E30 Market Is Now..?

Yeah I noticed the rear valance looks dinged up, or a bad rust repair job. Nice overspray on the tyre well underneath too..

Genuine question. I’ve recently started looking for an e30 automatic. Would have preferred a coupe but I’m coming round to 4 doors. Not too bothered about 4 or 6 cylinders.

Anything that doesn’t look like a basket case is north of 10k, and I genuinely feel like prices are high on the bottom spec models as they are being dragged up by the higher spec cars…..nothing seems to be selling, yet owners remain fixed on price.

Today a 4 door 318i auto was listed for 12k, and to underscore what I’ve said, it appears it was purchased recently for nearly half that.

How can you buy with confidence in this market?

There is a 316i coupe (white) with minor problems for $11k on FB. I get the idea the same thing has happened as you mention above, but if it’s straight, rust free and factory, I’d probably pay it on the basis I was holding it. 

21 minutes ago, rod_r said:

How can you buy with confidence in this market?

Patience or just make an realistic offer. A certain percentage of sellers use a higher listing price to get near their actual wanting price, eg list for 20k to get haggled down to 15k, rather than just list it for 15k. Most asking prices are based on what the owner thinks its worth or wants for it rather than true market value. The market is still cooling off and prices are still dropping, you should see more realistic prices from owners who are serious about selling as time goes on. 

Yup, unless you are desperate to buy soon bide your time and the right car will come up at an agreeable price.

On 8/16/2022 at 12:50 PM, MD13 said:

So should see it on trademe for 30K soon!

Well, $22.5K 😁

Edit: Webbs link to previous sale https://auctions.webbs.co.nz/m/lot-details/index/catalog/463/lot/111351/1989-BMW-316i?url=%2Fm%2Fview-auctions%2Fcatalog%2Fid%2F463%3Fpage%3D2

Edited by Neil McCauley

Appears to have done a bit of a refresh on it which far ahead than what most re-selllers do.

• Like 2

Here it goes Rohan, including premium. 

So selling at a considerable loss, (after less than 12 months), the import / compliancing and restoration cost here in NZ was truly eye watering 😪

Over priced today in 2024.

https://www.iconicauctioneers.com/1988-bmw-m3-e30-evo-ii-rec11496-1-silverston-0822

Edited by Bandit
  • Like 2