E30 325i Rag-Top

Is This Where The E30 Market Is Now..?

3 hours ago, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

Yup saw that, thought about pulling mine from the race car and giving it a clean.

I'm thinking the same.  I have a Med 4.1 LSD built by Kayne.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, gjm said:

In other news - medium case 3.64 LSD: $2300.

Sold my 3 clutch 3.73 LSD for $800 back in the day. Wouldn't surprise me if its twice that price for an open diff. Seen people trying to sell small case auto ratio LSD's for $1500.

Blew his load on the engine

For $35k, I’d want my silver car to be silver, the gear knob to be put on properly and the model badge on the right side. For starters.

• Like 4

Its a very nice car, no doubt, but the reupholstery on the 318i Touring makes me very hapy I stumped for all original BMW fabric for my retrim - looks like spotlight or corolla fabric.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sammo said:

Its a very nice car, no doubt, but the reupholstery on the 318i Touring makes me very hapy I stumped for all original BMW fabric for my retrim - looks like spotlight or corolla fabric.

Yeah it looks like a poor reproduction, or just a "close enough" match. The actual retrim itself looks decent though. 

I'm curious if he's had the entire car resprayed, or close door and if the door jams are still silver / engine bay too. Hard to tell without any photos, looks like the tailgate inner is silver still. 

Also wonder who his mechanic is with this nonsense "My mechanic says it’s a newer engine than what the mileage suggests, and in his opinion about 150-200k) and must have got swapped out prior to me owning it."

• Haha 1

Actually comes up on MDecoder as alpine white and on Carjam. Maybe it's a TM glitch with silver?

Must be, I thought it just reads the info from the registration but carjam says White also. Weird.

Some dodgy sh*t going on with that 318i Touring. Listing claims 347k km's on the clock. The same car was being sold in '21 at 469k km. A quick carjam shows it hit that mileage in 2019 when the odo broke since it's stayed the same since. Must have passed half a million by now. I'd be wearing that as a badge of honour instead of half-arsedly trying to conceal it.

Screenshot_20240430_212639_Facebook.thumb.jpg.88ebbab36a52b3ac6b2005595bbf46bb.jpg

18 minutes ago, Neil McCauley said:

Not sure if this has been posted, but a twin cam 5 stud E30 for $10K... What's the catch?!

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/cars/bmw/318i/listing/4661790436

Doesn’t look bad at all. Chuck some decent wheels, a spare boot lip and mtech wheel and it’s fun for not much money.