Jacko

The 130i Thread

3 minutes ago, Harper said:

Funnily enough I've thought about buying one of these and N52B30+manual swapping to have an NA 1 series coupe.

If I ever crash my 130i, my dream is to buy 1 series coupe with seized engine and do an engine+manual swap. 

They are already N52B30, and the only difference unlike the other detuned N52B30s is the DME flash, have 3 stage DISA etc etc. Flash 130i DME and its full beans N52. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Jacko said:

They are already N52B30, and the only difference unlike the other detuned N52B30s is the DME flash, have 3 stage DISA etc etc. Flash 130i DME and its full beans N52. 

Wow I didn't know that, hadn't looked that closely tbf. 

That makes these an even more appealing car. Wonder why they didn't just come like that from factory.

1 minute ago, Harper said:

Wow I didn't know that, hadn't looked that closely tbf. 

That makes these an even more appealing car. Wonder why they didn't just come like that from factory.

BMW did heaps of fishy stuff like that to ensure market separation between the models. 

If you look at the raw performance numbers of stock vehicles, an E82 130i would not be much slower than a 135i which was much more expensive on the dealers lot for example, so they detuned it. 130i got the full beans tune so it had more power than its competition, R32 golf, no need for a 125 E87 as there wasnt competition for it. 

• Like 1

I see the kiwi car life guy has got another manual 130i. Can't stay away from them. 

Could well be.  Mentions he got it for $6K.  Not bad.