Jacko

The 130i Thread

On 5/29/2023 at 10:10 AM, AndyB said:

Thanks for everyone's input. I removed/cleaned the Vanos solenoids yesterday, and despite them not looking too bad, the throttle response is now much sharper.

An easy job to do in the end; thanks YouTube!

After I did this, I started to get a misfire and engine warning light came on. Ended up needing new coil packs (some appeared to be second-hand replacements, so decided to replace them all with Delphi units). Thanks to @HELLBM for helping me out with a quick replacement of the coil packs and great service. Cheers

1 hour ago, M3AN said:

At least you identified the problem, that's a positive. Make sure you remove the clutch delay valve when you're in there, if you haven't already.

Yeah in some ways I'm relieved its a simple fix. 

I already removed the CDV while it's been on jackstands for the last couple months. The short drive I did take it on the other day it drove better without it even with the dying slave cylinder. It's a must if you've got a manual 130i imo. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Harper said:

It's a must if you've got a manual 130i imo. 

Any manual BMW I'd say, removed it from my M3 years ago, never looked back.

Did you guys remove the CDV and attach the line where the CDV was, or did you replace the CDV with an aftermarket valve? e.g. https://burgertuning.com/products/bms-cdv-modified-bmw-clutch-valve

TIA

2 hours ago, innoxious said:

Did you guys remove the CDV and attach the line where the CDV was, or did you replace the CDV with an aftermarket valve? e.g. https://burgertuning.com/products/bms-cdv-modified-bmw-clutch-valve

TIA

Just pull out the CDV and attach the hose back together, they have the same fittings. Zero reason to spend money to put something there.

• Thanks 1

Hey there, long time observer but first time poster here.

I was just wondering if anyone else has observed that when the aerial is removed, all the stations are sent back 14mHz? As mines a Japanese import I am now able to get NZ frequencies by tuning behind 14mHz for the station I want and still get good radio reception. I haven't heard anything about this and was just wondering if it's a known quirk?

(I have a LCI with ccc idrive but no bluetooth if that helps) 

1 hour ago, eski said:

Hey there, long time observer but first time poster here.

I was just wondering if anyone else has observed that when the aerial is removed, all the stations are sent back 14mHz? As mines a Japanese import I am now able to get NZ frequencies by tuning behind 14mHz for the station I want and still get good radio reception. I haven't heard anything about this and was just wondering if it's a known quirk?

(I have a LCI with ccc idrive but no bluetooth if that helps) 

Thats bizarre, must be fluke of the wiring length. Better option would be just coding it for NZ :D

• Like 2

LCI 130 auto for sale on faceballs, looks pretty average but has BMW P wheels/front/intake/muffler(?)

Nearly worth buying to pull the shiney bits off.

130.jpg

• Like 1

I have those wheels.  Absolute assholes to clean and keep clean.

216Ms are the wheels to get for a 130i imo.

20230428_145540.thumb.jpg.a1e5404f5b3db6b42e6b861d0af01ed0.jpg

My project I've been working away at recently.

Edited by Harper
  • Like 3

Hi...would anyone happen to have rear number plate light available or how to locate one? - need one for WOF? thanks

Nuff said....

FB_IMG_1689369322527.jpg

FB_IMG_1689369328914.jpg

FB_IMG_1689369338658.jpg

FB_IMG_1689369344768.jpg

FB_IMG_1689369350221.jpg

FB_IMG_1689369356331.jpg

• Like 1

Are there any manual 130i owners in Auckland looking to sell theirs? 

13 hours ago, Danch said:

Are there any manual 130i owners in Auckland looking to sell theirs? 

Could be, what's your budget?

Mint looking NZ New 2008 Auto on faceballs, 66,000km (asking $12k)

361653759_7119917011368239_7628309933289133545_n.jpg

361558058_7119917154701558_3730450348218480040_n.jpg

Edited by Jacko

20 hours ago, Jacko said:

Mint looking NZ New 2008 Auto on trademe, 66,000km (asking $12k)

Link? Can't find it.

It would have to be well beyond mint to be worth $12k, but hey, if it sold for that I wouldn't complain. That driver's seat looks worse than mine at double the km's.

BMW NZ Discussion/Parts group.

I paid 13.5k for mine 8 years ago, with double the ks, and it was cheap then. The 130i market worldwide is slowly climbing in value, places like canada can get access to the JDM stock as of late last year... its drying up... NZ's in a weird little bubble of cheap 130s, it will pop at some point.  

Edited by Jacko

7 minutes ago, Jacko said:

BMW NZ Discussion/Parts group.

Facebook? You mentioned Trademe?

I can't image an auto will ever sell for $12k again here.

Edited by M3AN

Ahh sorry, words, yeah faceballs. 

• Haha 1

I've seen it in the flesh sometime last year when I bought a set of wheels from the owner. Did look mighty tidy, always took it to Eurocare, servicing hasn't been skimped out on. Whether it's worth the $12k he's asking in today's market I wouldn't know but definitely a very nice example. 

The problem is 66k and 14 years... the 14 years trumps the 66k so all the 100k maintenance will need to be done pretty soon, cooling system, gaskets, shocks, brakes, etc... and it's very, very unlikely that, at 66k, any of that has been done. Unless it has $4k of receipts it's not a $12k car.

And that people still think NZ new is actually a benefit is daft. Yes, a new import is a risk, but one that's been in country and driven for a couple of years already? No difference to NZ new.

And does it have the expensive options, Xenons, iDrive, etc? Or is it "NZ spec"?

I think almost anyone is better off picking up an $8k equivalent, there's enough of them, and put the $4k change in the kitty for bits and maintenance, pretty sure you'll come out ahead.

Edited by M3AN
sp
  • Like 1

With more modern cars depreciating, I wonder if 130i price will go up again. Wouldn't cars like M135i come down to something like 12k eventually? 

Anyhow, I'm hoping to pick up a manual 130i for 9-10k but it looks like auto is my only option at this stage.. 

Brake pads for spirited driving? 

I usually go with ATE rotors and pads but the exchange rate and shipping is a joke right now.

So I got a deal on Brembo fronts and techstop rears from Exedy. 

What street pads would you throw at them if it was your choice. These I don't mind ordering from overseas.