Jacko

The 130i Thread

On 10/7/2023 at 4:18 PM, Jacko said:

One of the 12.... Cheap for a manual as well... Its about 90 cars up the production line than mine. 

Someone nab it :)

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/cars/bmw/130i/listing/4360704111?bof=r7KUqi1F

I'm surprised that this hasn't been sold yet. $7.5k seems like a pretty good price.. is this where 130i market it?

11 minutes ago, Danch said:

...is this where 130i market it?

Invercargill, PFL, panel damage, high miles?

Yep.

Still a good pickup but I think it's priced about right for what it is, maybe $8k max?

I agree with @M3AN

NZ new also meaning generally lower spec. 
I saw this was up for sale about 12 months ago and never sold that time round either. 

Great base for a club/track car!

Keen to know what your fuel economy is like? I average around 10.6 L/00kms on combined city/highway driving. Is this high or around normal? On a flat bit of highway at100kph I will have 2000rpm on the speedo and will be getting 7 to8l/100km. 

Mines sitting on 9.2 L/100kms for combined but I rarely do more than 60km/h when commuting and very few highway km’s. I didn’t expect it to be this low and have been thinking about monitoring the fuel physically to confirm. 
When I bought it a few months back it was around 10.4 L/100kms from memory.  

• Like 1

My fuel "economy" is essentially terrible, well over 10l/100km in urban/commute situations, I'm lucky to get 320kms from a tank. Mine is tuned, so not a perfect baseline.

I eeked it down to 7.2l/100kms on a run to Pauanui and back some years back using a very light right foot and much cruise control, that wasn't much fun to drive though.

At the end of the day I only fill it up once a month or less (98) so economy is less of a concern to me than fun.

In "sport" mode, with both a flashed ECU and trans, I can see the fuel gauge moving down to empty when driving with spirit.

Not much point in owning a straight six lump if you're looking for economy I suppose.

• Like 1

9.11 measured over 70,000kms.

Ignore whatever your dash is telling you. Wildy inaccurate. 

• Like 1

Ok so it sounds like my fuel economy is about normal. Funny my 335i was only a wee bit more thirsty.

Screenshot_20231125_181026_MyFuelLog2.jpg

Here is the last 3 years. Every fill up and kms recorded. Not sure why I bother. 

That's just one car too. I'm nearly done with NZ 

• Like 2

Numbers off for the 2023 figure?   Seem to suggest you are paying nearly $6 a litre with the $53/100km cost?

Looks like it. Haven't reviewed this year yet. Probably a mistake in the price somewhere. Kms line up though. 

Edit: Found it. Fixed. 

Screenshot_20231126_191506_MyFuelLog2.jpg

Edited by Driftit

Does anyone here own HBD24? Saw it in East Auckland today. It looked great with blackline rear lights and lowered suspension :)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Danch said:

Does anyone here own HBD24? Saw it in East Auckland today. It looked great with blackline rear lights and lowered suspension :)

That's me! 🙋‍♂️ 

Sadly the car is deteriorating cosmetically, will probably need a respray sooner rather than later, but still such a fun car to drive every day

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matt said:

That's me! 🙋‍♂️ 

Sadly the car is deteriorating cosmetically, will probably need a respray sooner rather than later, but still such a fun car to drive every day

Looked superb regardless. What mods are you running?

29 minutes ago, Danch said:

Looked superb regardless. What mods are you running?

Quite a few haha, I have a showroom thread with all the detail here: 

But in a nutshell, Full Birds B1 suspension kit with Quaife LSD, M3 front control arms, camber pin mod, bmw performance short shifter, Simota carbon intake, MILVs and tune, supersprint backbox, 135i brakes, BBS wheels, and a bunch of 1M style interior bits. Spent WAY too much money on it all haha but oh well, I always enjoy driving it!

• Like 4

I remember seeing that thread! What a cool car you've built there 😎 Good to see that it's going well.

Anyone know which crankcase ventilation hose attaches down by the starter motor? And what the part code is.

I've had a bit of an air leak for a while that I suspected was the intake boot I swapped on. 

Turns out that was not the case, and a crankcase vent hose has come off deep down in the engine bay by the starter. I want  to get a replacement just in case mine is broken, smoke test and borescope camera confirmed the hose is at fault but not enough to see if its just come off or has a damaged end. 

Since it's likely manifold off, again, to put it back on I want to make sure I have one on hand just in case. 

Bought myself a Bburago diecast model. Couldn't find any in Msport bodykit but this looks good enough :)

20231212_141602.jpg

• Like 2

On 12/10/2023 at 8:52 PM, NZ_InFerno said:

Anyone know which crankcase ventilation hose attaches down by the starter motor? And what the part code is.

I've had a bit of an air leak for a while that I suspected was the intake boot I swapped on. 

Turns out that was not the case, and a crankcase vent hose has come off deep down in the engine bay by the starter. I want  to get a replacement just in case mine is broken, smoke test and borescope camera confirmed the hose is at fault but not enough to see if its just come off or has a damaged end. 

Since it's likely manifold off, again, to put it back on I want to make sure I have one on hand just in case. 

Not sure exactly which one you mean, but my best guess is #4 on this diagram?  https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/showparts?id=UF92-EUR-03_2005_E87_BMW_130i&diagId=11_3738#11157567801 ?

21 minutes ago, Spinner99 said:

Not sure exactly which one you mean, but my best guess is #4 on this diagram?  https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/showparts?id=UF92-EUR-03_2005_E87_BMW_130i&diagId=11_3738#11157567801 ?

Yeah that was my guess as well. I'm going to order #2 and #4 just to be safe 😂

Be worth is just in parts to be fair, looks like it needs a little TLC (and a wax)