Sign in to follow this  
SmackJackTheCrackerMan

Best place for buying replacement parts?

Hi, just wondering where the best place (and price) is to buy most maintenance items for BMW?

Things like water pumps, gaskets, injectors, HPFP etc

FCPeuro.com

Most of us use them. 

• Like 2

Cross check FCPEuro with Schmiedmann.com, prices can go either way and FCP doesn't have some Euro specific parts.

I just picked up some rotors from here: Spareto.com as they had the best total price for heavy items.

• Like 1

I'm not so sure on the FCP vs Schmiedmann pricing but I know FCP is always pretty sharply priced, has plenty of choice and the shipments arrive in a week (Thanks Fed Ex), GST free from the US at good shipping rates.

thanks for that, I’d heard of fcp euro but never Schmiedmann.com

I thought there was a good place up in Auckland that sold oem parts etc at prices better than the dealer? I’m sure I read that on here quite a while ago! 

1 hour ago, SmackJackTheCrackerMan said:

thanks for that, I’d heard of fcp euro but never Schmiedmann.com

I thought there was a good place up in Auckland that sold oem parts etc at prices better than the dealer? I’m sure I read that on here quite a while ago! 

Euro Italian would be my pick for local parts. Gavin is great to deal with. Based on the North Shore. 

• Like 3

When I can't wait and for smaller items, gaskets , solenoids etc. 'alleuroparts' have been okay for me locally. They are all over the place on pricing though, but I've had good results sending them a parts list and asking for 'their best price' .... but FCP euro otherwise. 

EDIT: for the 'big ticket' items HPFP, Injectors, Water pump...FCP etc is going to beat anywhere in NZ by a mile. Also FCP's lifetime warranty thing which I've never had cause to test is apparently the biz.....

Edited by HalfJobHarry
more info.
  • Thanks 1

I buy a lot of my BMW parts from MillAnd in Dunedin.  You can get BMW, OE or aftermarket parts and the prices and delivery are OK.  I like supporting the local guys

• Like 1

Gavin at EuroItalian, or Paul at MillAnd for fast turnaround on locally sourced parts.

FCP Euro in the US are good too, but tend (in my experience) to have less parts available for any 4-cylinder engines.

8 hours ago, gjm said:

Gavin at EuroItalian, or Paul at MillAnd for fast turnaround on locally sourced parts.

FCP Euro in the US are good too, but tend (in my experience) to have less parts available for any 4-cylinder engines.

+1 for Gavin. Very handy as he is in NZ and has decent stock when even BMW are sourcing from Germany. Other than this Pelican Parts I find to be good as they provide 3-4 options for the same part at differing price points. They also source BMW original parts at reduced cost to BMW NZ and often include photos which is good since they are overseas. The only issue with USA sourced parts is that the euro spec parts are often not avalible and I have not yet found a euro supplier with a decent website. Perhaps someone else has?