Sign in to follow this  
Gorrington

2000 E39 M5

Hi guys, might be selling my car. 

Wondering what they're currently worth. Just a ball park figure. 

I imported my car from the UK nearly two years ago, been sat in the garage since then having bits of work done. 

I had to move over to Oz last year for work and was hoping to import her into Oz this year, but that's not going to happen now as it's not eligible under Aussie laws. Bastards.!! 

I'd get her complied and registered for NZ of course before selling. 

Cheers.. 

I have no idea but I'm interested to find out! My guess, if it's in good condition is "a fair few pennies"!

Any rust? Have you been in behind the arch liners and sills? How is the engine bay looking, interior wear?

Need pics.

Private message me if you need an indication of price. Just had mine valued for insurance reasons. 

Re rust question.. 

It's been completely stripped, bumpers, exhaust, gearbox, engine, petrol tank, fuel lines, brake lines, etc, etc and rust removed. New sills, new jacking points up front. 

Has to be absolutely rust free to pass compliance, they partially strip the car to check for hidden rust. 

Interior is good. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, str8_6 said:

Private message me if you need an indication of price. Just had mine valued for insurance reasons. 

Any reason for the secrecy?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, M3AN said:

Was thinking the same tbh.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Gorrington said:

Hi guys, might be selling my car. 

Wondering what they're currently worth. Just a ball park figure. 

I imported my car from the UK nearly two years ago, been sat in the garage since then having bits of work done. 

I had to move over to Oz last year for work and was hoping to import her into Oz this year, but that's not going to happen now as it's not eligible under Aussie laws. Bastards.!! 

I'd get her complied and registered for NZ of course before selling. 

Cheers.. 

Depends on mileage, color etc. anywhere between 34k to 40k.

This is just my 2 cents worth, Shirantha is on the money. 3-4 years ago a few of the pre-facelifts with 150k plus mileage had dropped to low 20's, and anecdotally an example with some mechanical issues sold for around $15k.

A few years later with the huge surge in demand and interest with this vehicle thanks to EAG in Ohio, and numerous youtubers  waxing lyrical about this car, things are vastly different.

$30k would be at the lower at the end of the scale, with a solid example in fine- fettle around the $40k mark. As for astounding examples with lower k's - maybe up to double that! 

The market has gone gone nuts in the USA- cars with sub 100 k miles skyrocketing in pricing. This week cargurus here ( a reputable car site) had a dealer selling a 104,000 mile example in carbon black for $48,500 USD!  The US market seems to have been influential in elevating prices everywhere.

I'd say if you have one, hold on to it! 

Edited by ssbmw
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, M3AN said:

16 hours ago, KwS said:

Was thinking the same tbh.

Imagine you've just paid cash money for a valuation, there may be some privacy issues.  You might also have style and prefer not to brag your car's worth around a forum for every tom, Dick, and harry to see, yet are prepared to quietly share info with those 'in the club', so to speak.  You might not want to invite a round of "but they're just not worth that, has the market gone made, oh more money than sense, oh I'd never pay that, oh Covid's done that to the market, oh rich fat cats" as per, oh, "the e30 market"?

In case you can't imagine why you'd not blurt it out.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, leichtbau said:

Doesn't the E39 M5 get nixxed for compliance by EU4 emissions?

I think you can apply for siv. I know of at least one that’s been brought in that way.

• Like 1

indeed, that's where membership of BMW Car Club NZ can certainly help.

Re rust question.. 

It's been completely stripped, bumpers, exhaust, gearbox, engine, petrol tank, fuel lines, brake lines, etc, etc and rust removed. New sills, new jacking points up front. 

Has to be absolutely rust free to pass compliance, they partially strip the car to check for hidden rust. 

Interior is good. 

8 hours ago, Olaf said:

Imagine you've just paid cash money for a valuation, there may be some privacy issues.  You might also have style and prefer not to brag your car's worth around a forum for every tom, Dick, and harry to see, yet are prepared to quietly share info with those 'in the club', so to speak.  You might not want to invite a round of "but they're just not worth that, has the market gone made, oh more money than sense, oh I'd never pay that, oh Covid's done that to the market, oh rich fat cats" as per, oh, "the e30 market"?

In case you can't imagine why you'd not blurt it out.

No, that's just silly. Bimmersport is that "club", we're all in it already, there's nothing to hide.

Let's be honest, the news will get out anyway.

Just as pointless as "call me for a price" responses to WTB posts, it's just wasting everyone's time.

The only person with the info paid for it.  If he shares it, in confidence, one would expect that confidence to be maintained.  

Put it this way Dave.  Based on your post above, I won't be sharing any confidential information with you.

Pointless?  It's nunya, and you're irked as nobody's telling.  If you want to know what they value up at, get yours valued, or buy one.

PS:  "in the club" was my reference to actually owning an e39 M5.  They've got their own club too.  It's an intersection on the Venn Diagram - Bimmersport is not all-enveloping.

Edited by Olaf
added PS
  • Like 2

Shoot. Caught up on this thread. I was pre-occupied reading through the 130i thread wishing I could join that club. 

The fact of the matter is, you probably will find out, there really is no secret. I just chose to reach out to the OP. The value of my personal car is absolutely none of your business.

• Like 8

I think some of you might be missing that M3AN doesn't actually care other than for curiosity and adding value to the community through shared information.

I think he was alluding to there being no point to keeping the valuation secret.  Of course you are entitled to keep you information secret for whatever reason, valid, rational or not.

Paying for a valuation doesn't create a privacy issue by the way.

Edited by GorGasm
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2