Sign in to follow this  
Kees

Somewhat Cheap E60 M5?

Saw this on marketplace. Rod bearings done, full service history and it’s NZ New so doesn’t have the marmite interior trim that plagues a lot of the imported ones. 

Higher ks at over 200,000 though. 

87471DC7-7144-47E5-AF5F-B7A27EC4815A.png

I’ll assume it automatic.  Were these sold in manual?

Edited by topnotchrally

SMG 3, only the US got manuals.

Damn. That's a well sharp price. Amazing how poorly these hold value compared to E46 & E30's. Seems a good buy.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Blackie said:

I'd rather 200k than 100 without bearings. What interior does it have?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/eurocarclassifiedsnz/permalink/1802950939895801/?sale_post_id=1802950939895801

Interior is quite nice, is the spec I would want with the aluminium panels. 

Screen Shot 2022-03-05 at 11.19.50 PM.png

• Thanks 1

Thats a hell of a deal in this market. So much to go wrong, but it'd be worth it.

Its also in the realm of the Ks being too high for most dealers to buy and flip too, which means a genuine owner might get a chance to own it.

Edited by KwS
  • Like 2

These are super tempting. I've thought about just grabbing one and immediately doing the bearings diy. It's not that expensive and not that complex of a job. There's no other car you can get with a 5L V10 for that money.

Edited by Harper
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Harper said:

These are super tempting. I've thought about just grabbing one and immediately doing the bearings diy. It's not that expensive and not that complex of a job. There's no other car you can get with a 5L V10 for that money.

You’re welcome to buy my project 5.2L V10 S6 I had as a backup parts car for my S8 that I recently sold. $4K and she’s yours 🤣

M5 does seem like an amazing buy. Must be a pretty incredible car when it was put up against an F430 by Jeremy Clarkson. Supercar with 4 doors. If I wasn’t in isolation I would seriously consider that silver one. 

I remember there was a crashed M6 not long ago that I think BMWorld snapped up and soon after were selling the engine alone for like $15k. That considered, this is unreal value. 

5 minutes ago, Vass said:

I remember there was a crashed M6 not long ago that I think BMWorld snapped up and soon after were selling the engine alone for like $15k. That considered, this is unreal value. 

This one? https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/wrecked-cars/listing/3268500009?bof=FPDzf4bj

I think BM World got an imported one, I remember there were two black M6s both with front end damage for sale within a couple weeks of each other. What are the chances! 

Might have been the other one, I believe I stumbled upon it on a Turners damaged car auction whilst looking for a 330i donor, but might be mistaken. 

14 minutes ago, Vass said:

That one is already on my Turners watchlist… 👀

No WOF since 2020 which is rather odd. Random panel damage too. You would think it was stolen/recovered but it isn’t listed as such. Hasn’t done many ks too

20 minutes ago, Vass said:

Doesnt mention if it will be sold registered or not. if it gets de-reg like most damaged cars through turners, it'd be a real a**hole to get back on the road. Kinda looks either stolen or vandalised. 

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, KwS said:

Doesnt mention if it will be sold registered or not. if it gets de-reg like most damaged cars through turners, it'd be a real a**hole to get back on the road. Kinda looks either stolen or vandalised. 

I second this. From my experience with Turners they have a habit of changing critical auction information just before an auction.... Currently its stated as registered but you would need to double check during the auction to ensure they haven't just magically decided to de-register the car. 

• Like 2

My bet it is a repo. Often repos are stored until money can be recovered or legal issues are resolved.

7 hours ago, KwS said:

Looks like this sold, i wonder what it went for?

high 8's