Sign in to follow this  
Twistee

Rally NZ Jacks Ridge FREE tickets.

My daughter came home today with a raging temperature and being a vaguely responsible human being I'm going to look after her rather than going to the rally tomorrow. 

So, if some wants one adult general entry and a child entry to Jacks Ridge for tomorrow (Sunday) please message me. 

These will be FREE , they are electronic tickets and as far as I can tell I can email them to the new owner who can update the contact details. 

The tickets are sold out so rather than bin these I thought someone else may like to use them. FYi who ever goes you will need a 4x4 for parking as the paddocks are a tad wet.

• Like 2

I used to live in Clevedon. 

Central Hawke's Bay is a little further away.

Hope your daughter is much better very soon - we're sitting ours, too, following a major op earlier in the week.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Twistee said:

My daughter came home today with a raging temperature and being a vaguely responsible human being I'm going to look after her rather than going to the rally tomorrow. 

So, if some wants one adult general entry and a child entry to Jacks Ridge for tomorrow (Sunday) please message me. 

These will be FREE , they are electronic tickets and as far as I can tell I can email them to the new owner who can update the contact details. 

The tickets are sold out so rather than bin these I thought someone else may like to use them. FYi who ever goes you will need a 4x4 for parking as the paddocks are a tad wet.

Hi Twistee, did you end up giving your rally nz tickets away? Keen to go if you sti have them? Thanks.

1 hour ago, C-130 Hercules said:

Heading out there now. Domain was great on Thursday. Had some cool classics do a round too. 

Saw some of the Domain stuff on TV. Looked great.

For those who cannot make Jacks Ridge in person, according to the TV guide it is broadcast live on TV3 from 245pm

Great to see that little Fiesta clip.

• Like 3

If you are interested in any specific car let me know and I'll go through the roll to see if I got any shots. 

Was a good day out, what was damn impressive was the crowd it pulled! Good example that there is certainly a market for motorsport in NZ... 

• Like 2

Absolutely epic stuff. The bloody rain was the main protagonist throughout the whole event but made the experience all the more memorable. The top guys are just absolute weapons, unreal the speed they carry through, especially in those conditions. Epic effort from the team that built the Jack's Ridge track, what an arena! Hopefully the weather is a bit more lenient next time. If there is a next time...

IMG_0788.thumb.jpg.7c305d25ac24f5dd1562673fcad120e1.jpg

IMG_0883.thumb.jpg.1bf7906bccf781843c684e2af8921a74.jpg

IMG_1186.thumb.jpg.743e7e282bb6214a97eb231f8f83c684.jpg

IMG_1659.thumb.jpg.7334fb275fa9af6e8a988c27814b2af9.jpg

IMG_1574.thumb.jpg.8a79a529c6a161bf804ddc91c35d2ba0.jpg

IMG_1648.thumb.jpg.025c6708084a5ef83ecc1ee8be35ca44.jpg

IMG_1739.thumb.jpg.cb7620a5737161a0af4d21a77282343f.jpg

IMG_1822.thumb.jpg.29ca19f99501cba9579f92623cbfc487.jpg

On 10/2/2022 at 9:49 PM, Jacko said:

Was a good day out, what was damn impressive was the crowd it pulled! Good example that there is certainly a market for motorsport in NZ... 

Whilst being a great turnout by NZ standards, I don't think it's anywhere near enough to guarantee this magnitude of events coming here on a consistent basis. The cost of logistics is probably the highest out of all the events on the calendar and when you compare it to other venues in Europe that consistently pull 300k+ spectators across a race weekend, we sadly don't even come close to making it worth the effort. We caught up with the main organiser of Rally Estonia at one of the stages, dude's been to every event on the WRC calendar this year and out the blue remarked that he was shocked by how few spectators there were. We were taken aback a bit, looked around and were rather impressed by how many had trekked through knee-high mud to sit through downpour after downpour to watch a few cars whizz by, but he's obviously got a wider perspective. So whilst there's definitely a market there, on a global scale it looks to be magnitudes behind the main players. I just hope it's not another 10 years before we see them back here.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, Neil McCauley said:

@Vass that shot of Bertelli is insane, awesome work!

Thanks :) Pretty chuffed with how a few of the shots came out.

The flying Ford you mean? I think that's Breen. Bertelli had less of a... pronounceable slogan on the back of his car.

IMG_0888.thumb.jpg.5ce72f18765e47bc2254602f4c17f913.jpg

• Haha 1

Great photos, thanks for sharing.  It was a great event despite the rain.

Cheers...Stephen

• Thanks 1

I thought the  star of that first vid was the helicopter pilot.   That man has TALENT!!   And huge kahooona's with it.

Was a great four days.  Spotted a nice phoenix yellow e46 at Te Akau South on Friday and again on the roads around Raglan.  There was some lady charging a fiver for ticket holders to enter her official WRC spectator viewing spot - ie. over and above the gold pass tickets etc.  Fiver for a car, fine, per person, hmmmm.  That was not very team of five million IMHO.  I think Jacks Ridge needs a few bridges over the track, that might make getting about a bit easier.

DSC04610a.thumb.JPG.355787317168b02fc6f35c59bcd35277.JPG

20220927_131556.jpg

20220927_131800.jpg

20220927_132402.jpg

20220930_180456.jpg

20220930_174754.jpg

DSC04050a.JPG

DSC04085.JPG

DSC04095a.JPG

DSC04148.JPG

DSC04164.JPG

DSC04220.JPG

DSC04386a.JPG

Edited by Bruski
edit
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, leonf said:

I thought the  star of that first vid was the helicopter pilot.   That man has TALENT!!   And huge kahooona's with it.

Yes, he was a busy chap 😅