Sign in to follow this  
Hazzy

FCP Euro Changing their Lifetime Replacement Guarantee

Well it was good while it lasted. 

https://blog.fcpeuro.com/fcp-euro-lifetime-replacement-guarantee-update

These updates will be going into effect on 11/01/2022: 

• All Lifetime Replacement Guarantee refunds will be issued as store credit
  • On orders placed before 11/01/2022, the original Lifetime Replacement Guarantee policy will still be in effect. Those returns will default to credit but can be converted to cash refunds on request by emailing service@fcpeuro.com
  • Refunds will be for the price of the original part purchased
    • Example 1: You purchased brake pads for $50.00 in 2020. Those same brake pads now cost $55.00. You will be credited $50 at the time of completion.
    • Example 2: You purchased an oil change kit for $60.00 in 2020. That same oil change kit now costs $48.00. You will be credited $60 at the time of completion.

There was almost never a scenario where this warranty made sense for us in NZ. Shipping whatever you wanted the warranty on back to the states was usually more expensive than the item itself in almost every scenario.

Edited by Harper
  • Like 4

Yes, is a domestic USA product plan.

Freight on returns and exchange rates, inhibit any gains down under would think.

Click on link of Hazzy's post, link, posts to FCP are blunt from many longtime customers.

• Like 1

Meh, as long as their service continues to be next level, it makes very little difference to NZ anyway. 

Ive had good service from ECS as well, but FCP seem to go out of their way to make sh*t right. 

• Like 4

i can imagine this warrranty was probably used and abused in the US, so it makes sense something had to give eventually.

Used it plenty of times. Last time for gaskets. Which they replaced without sending the old ones back.

And good while it lasted? It's still better than anything else. They are just clarifying the details and covering themselves for price increases. If the price goes down you win. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Jacko said:

Meh, as long as their service continues to be next level, it makes very little difference to NZ anyway. 

Ive had good service from ECS as well, but FCP seem to go out of their way to make sh*t right. 

The warranty isn't a big deal for stuff like pads.... but it's really good to know that the big ticket items will be the last time I ever pay out for them... 

Coils, Injectors , that kind of thing. 

Shipping back to the USA is often *LESS* than what a single item in a set costs from a supplier here in NZ. 

• Like 2

Does this mean I can still dump my SMG clutch and kill the dual mass flywheel and still get new ones again?  Purchased from FCP on 2020.

Them switching to UPS is worst. Also paying via Paypal through their site doesn't allow you to choose bank currency conversion (no fees for me) and forces you to use sh*t Paypal rate, so dont make that mistake.

• Like 1