E30stz

Quick Questions

They are just rubber bushes. I had a spare Sh*t alternator which had mint bushes, Just swapped them over in no time. They slide in / slide out from what I remember.

The ones in mine were... Melted? Was weird as.

Going to put the car in next week just to have a couple of things done, one of them will be an oil and filter change, Its not due for it but might as well do it while its in there, Can they reset the oil service due even though the light is not showing so it knows its just been done ????

Yep, My Service light reset tool does it.Same car (96 323)

Cheers for that.

WD 40 plus CRC zinc a good combo? I just glued the tail light seals so it doesnt leak, and i WD 40'ed the rusted bits, then sprayed CRC zinc over the WD 40'ed rust areas. Is this a good idea?

Going to put the car in next week just to have a couple of things done, one of them will be an oil and filter change, Its not due for it but might as well do it while its in there, Can they reset the oil service due even though the light is not showing so it knows its just been done ????

Yes they can

Hey guys, just a quickie:

My airbag light came on a couple of days ago. Could this have been from pulling out the cluster? a couple of times I plugged it back in and it beeped at me (plugging plugs in wrong order).

Although, I am pretty sure that the light didn't come on until a few days later...

Cheers

just wandering if any one knowswhat the solution could be to my e30 cutting off after warmed up.. after driving for a while and arrive at destination car is fine but then when i startit again the revs go crazy and eventyually cuts off. if any one could help would be well appreciated...

Could be a stupid question but what can I do to stop my factory oil cooler connections from coming undone all the time. I have nipped them up tight and they still work themselves loose after a while. Can I use thread tape or thread lock for extra security or is there another option. Cheers, Nathan

Could be a stupid question but what can I do to stop my factory oil cooler connections from coming undone all the time. I have nipped them up tight and they still work themselves loose after a while. Can I use thread tape or thread lock for extra security or is there another option. Cheers, Nathan

Any twists in the hoses ? if not use loctite 243 (blue)

Hey guys, just a quickie:

My airbag light came on a couple of days ago. Could this have been from pulling out the cluster? a couple of times I plugged it back in and it beeped at me (plugging plugs in wrong order).

Although, I am pretty sure that the light didn't come on until a few days later...

Cheers

My E34 did the same so assume it's just what happens when the cluster is unplugged, best to get it sorted, light on means not working when you want them to.

^^ I will double check and thread lock. Thanks Glenn

Edited by Forrest

What is the best method to replacing the sump gasket on a E30 M20B25? Can it be done in place or does the engine need lifting off it's mounts/subframe dropped? What is the easiest method? Cheers, Nathan

Hey,

I'm just wondering if there was a way to manually adjust the seat position for an e36 with electric seats? My passenger seat's forwards and backwards motion doesn't seem to work (the other 2 do however work). At the moment it seems to be as far back as possible so I wouldn't mind moving it forwards a little bit.

Also, how expensive might it be to fix and is it a DIY job?

Thanks,

Kaz

Edited by Kaz

may get my hands on a cheap e30. wondering how much i'll be looking at to repower it with a m50 + manual gear box + install + cert...

Hey,

I'm just wondering if there was a way to manually adjust the seat position for an e36 with electric seats? My passenger seat's forwards and backwards motion doesn't seem to work (the other 2 do however work). At the moment it seems to be as far back as possible so I wouldn't mind moving it forwards a little bit.

Also, how expensive might it be to fix and is it a DIY job?

Thanks,

Kaz

Really depends whats wrong Kaz. You need to remove the seat to check it

may get my hands on a cheap e30. wondering how much i'll be looking at to repower it with a m50 + manual gear box + install + cert...

At a guess if your going to pay someone to do it ...about $7,000 to $10,000... Ring Ray @ HELLBM a forum sponsor. He might have a deal for you

It depends on what you do yourself. If you get a mechanic to do it all for you then it could cost megabucks. I did mine for well under $2000 excluding cert.

Edited by Mark247

So I am replacing all the exhaust gaskets on my M20 along with all the exhaust studs with new copper nuts etc. The one thing I didn't account for was to have 12 head -> exhaust manifold studs to either snap in half or be so rusted the nut stayed with them and they pulled off the head. Thankfully, I have all 12 studs out now safely to replace, the question is, where can I go to get some replacement studs? Sadly I just ordered the rest off Pelican Parts apart from the head studs, so can I get these anywhere local? Also, when refitting the new studs, do I have to put any loctite or similar on them before installation? Cheers, Nathan

Gavin from Euro Italian can supply new exhaust studs. When I replaced mine I just tightened them in place without any loctite.

So I am replacing all the exhaust gaskets on my M20 along with all the exhaust studs with new copper nuts etc. The one thing I didn't account for was to have 12 head -> exhaust manifold studs to either snap in half or be so rusted the nut stayed with them and they pulled off the head. Thankfully, I have all 12 studs out now safely to replace, the question is, where can I go to get some replacement studs? Sadly I just ordered the rest off Pelican Parts apart from the head studs, so can I get these anywhere local? Also, when refitting the new studs, do I have to put any loctite or similar on them before installation? Cheers, Nathan

Use copper slip on the threads.. steel into alloy

trying to remove the door rubber seal that goes around the doors on the coupe. im stuck at the bottom part where that black long panel is clipped on tight. tried to pull it ending up breaking one of the clips holding it.

how do i remove it?

^ If it is the same as a E30 carpet/door trim use a long flat screwdriver and wedge at each point where the clips are (as in use the screwdriver to lever right beside where the clips are) not inbetween them as it breaks the clips.

Edited by Forrest