E30stz

Quick Questions

No. But pre f/l has chrome around the windows, f/l is black. You can swap them (the trims) over - but is a bit of a PITA.

The doors themselves are EXACTLY the same.

Quick question,

My E36 has eaten half its coolant, what do I replace it with? Anything specific?

Coolant. ^_^ You need to find the source of the loss, but in the meantime, just fill it up with antifreeze.

You can buy the Nulon stuff from Repco or similar, or if you can get to BMW, their coolant is the correct stuff and costs about the same.

The correct mix is about 50% antifreeze, 50% distilled water, but for top-ups straight anti freeze or straight water will do until you get it fixed. Just don't leave it for too long util you fix it in case you cook the motor.

Coolant. ^_^ You need to find the source of the loss, but in the meantime, just fill it up with antifreeze.

You can buy the Nulon stuff from Repco or similar, or if you can get to BMW, their coolant is the correct stuff and costs about the same.

The correct mix is about 50% antifreeze, 50% distilled water, but for top-ups straight anti freeze or straight water will do until you get it fixed. Just don't leave it for too long util you fix it in case you cook the motor.

Doesn't the antifreeze/water mix depend on the conditions you live in? if your not in freezing conditions you can run a higher % of water to allow better heat transferance from the metal of the engine to the "coolent" of the car? 

Yeah, but only really in extremes. 50/50 or 60/40 water/antifreeze should be fine for most of NZ.

Edited by Mike

What is the thread size for the 2 holes next to the oil filter housing that you connect the oil cooler lines to? Just need some plugs to block off the oil cooler. Or can I just get an oil filter housing without the plugs in it?

Where do I get the plugs from other than Enzed or the like.

Cheers

Ashkan.

What is the thread size for the 2 holes next to the oil filter housing that you connect the oil cooler lines to? Just need some plugs to block off the oil cooler. Or can I just get an oil filter housing without the plugs in it?

Where do I get the plugs from other than Enzed or the like.

Cheers

Ashkan.

Use the oil filter fitting from a 320i, they don't have oil coolers.

:D

Woah! Check out the brain on Emily! Hanging out too much with e30 owners.

She be right dude.

My '97 320i is missing the brake duct on the passenger side, noticed this when I was looking for the external temp sensor.

I am wondering if this is just a bolt in part (seems to be, from looking at the other duct), and if they will be different between m-sport and non m-sport cars because the front bumpers are slightly different?

Thanks

Jeff

Yes, "bolt in" and yes they are different between M bumpers and non-M bumpers.

I have a quick question, i need a new right rear electric window motor.

Do i have to get a specific RIGHT rear window motor or can the left and right be swapped over and vise versa.

-Blair

pretty sure they are different.. i can't member exactly.. but pretty sure you need the proper one.

I have one sitting in the door waiting to be stripped. If ya have no luck finding one in a coupe weeks then it's yours.

I have one sitting in the door waiting to be stripped. If ya have no luck finding one in a coupe weeks then it's yours.

sweet as man, will let you know, possibly just take it anyway.

Sweet, if you are up these ways before then- come rip it out yourself. I just don't have the time atm.

I have a BMW E30 1990 M40 engined car, the oil service light has just come on, a part from changing the oil filter and oil is there anything else I should be doing for a regular service?

Also, any idea how much oil I need and is there any particular difference between brands of filters?

Cheers

According to the manual...

With oil filter change: 4L

W/out: 3.75L

According to the manual...

With oil filter change: 4L

W/out: 3.75L

[/quote

+ or - .25 Litres