E30stz

Quick Questions

Quick question, is a synthetic lubricant ok in a Getrag 240? (1989 320i)

I can't see any coloured tags on the gearbox

Thanks a lot,

Michael

Correct fluid is G3 Fully Synthetic ATF as adivsed by board sponsor Botany Motor Worx. So, yes synthetic fluid is OK for your manual gearbox, but it should be ATF to G3 standard or higher.

whats the spigot size of an e30 hub in mm?

as I don't want to take the wheel off :)

57mm I'm 95% sure

whats the spigot size of an e30 hub in mm?

as I don't want to take the wheel off :)

edit- or alternatively whats the bore size of an e30 wheel

57.1mm

What colour is the acc wire coming from the ignition barrel? Violet like the later cars or something else?

E30 of course

ta

(want to tap off it to get switched power for stereo)

Edited by tastic

What colour is the acc wire coming from the ignition barrel? Violet like the later cars or something else?

E30 of course

ta

(want to tap off it to get switched power for stereo)

Switched accessory wire is violet. Cigarette wire + is also switched & its already through a fuse and closer if you want to use that

Edited by *Glenn*

318i

E30

Hey Guys my Power windows keep blowing their fuse. I checked my wiring and that appears fine. i also had a look at my window motor and the accompanying moving parts and i think that they are just unlubricated. Do you reckon this is probably the problem? I've checked the drivers side and lubed it but yet to do the passenger and back doors. Just a chekin tis all...

Is it just one window or all of them?

use a multimeter to find any leaking current in connections to narrow the wire down.

Wasn't sure where to put this.

Looking into in the future putting a 6pt harness in my E30 coupe with no cage.

In order for me to run a fixed back seat, I assume I have to make the rear seat inoperable i.e take seat belts out. Does this mean I will need a cert for taking the rear seatbelts out? As I am hoping to get away without one as an authority card will cover the harnesses.

6 pt harness? Your not planning on crashing this one too are you D:

Edited by E30ONP

Nope its just the final component I need before I start doing track sprints in it properly.

Hey guys,

Standard e30 87 automatic gearbox leaking from the where the cable that connects to the engine comes out. Got that?

It has an o ring which i would like to check/replace my question is how do i get it out to replace, just pull it or twist? It is currently out of the car so no problems with access.

Cheers.

Hey guys,

Standard e30 87 automatic gearbox leaking from the where the cable that connects to the engine comes out. Got that?

It has an o ring which i would like to check/replace my question is how do i get it out to replace, just pull it or twist? It is currently out of the car so no problems with access.

Cheers.

You need to remove the pan and disconnent the cable from the valve body inside the gearbox

Hi. Where is the interface to the car's computer located, ie the socket where a diagnostic scanner will connect to? My car is e39 520i 1996.

Its a round capped socket about 70mm in diameter (black) on the RlH side, under the bonnet behind the R/H strut tower

Its a round capped socket about 70mm in diameter (black) on the RlH side, under the bonnet behind the R/H strut tower

Found it. should the car be running?

To do what?

to start connection with the car diagnostic connector

to start connection with the car diagnostic connector

With what ?? please tell me what you are trying to do and use.

With what ?? please tell me what you are trying to do and use.

i just bought a a scanning tool for my car. i connected the scanner to my laptop and to the car.

i just bought a a scanning tool for my car. i connected the scanner to my laptop and to the car.

Plug the scanner in, then turn ignition on, don't start the car unless the scanner tells you to. What brand is the scanner ?? and have you read the operating instructions thoroughly ??

Edited by *Glenn*

Plug the scanner in, then turn ignition on, don't start the car unless the scanner tells you to. What brand is the scanner ?? and have you read the operating instructions thoroughly ??

its P.A.Soft BMW Scanner v1.3.6. it says "hardware not ready"