E30stz

Quick Questions

friend came over with his e38. passenger front door wont open even with the lock up. wont open from the inside or outside.

tried so far:

re locking and unlocking

simultaneous inside and outside handle

still no luck

there is a solid feel to the handle that it is about to open but it doesnt.

any ideas?

Whats the story with replacing the ball joints on an E30 front lower arm? Is it possible? Ive read conflicting stories.

Has anyone here done it?

If its not possible, or advised.. Whatya rekon?

http://www.schmiedmann.com/3_series/E30/Sp...s/page1.htm#532

Firken cheap compared to BMW original prices, everything else ive gotten from schiedman that isnt OEM looks pretty good too me.

Yeah you can press them out, and press new ones in.

Chur! Just saw the joints listed above.

Thanks for the help.

Edited by Jacko

ok i have a 96 e39 528i, every time i turn the vehicle on the stereo goes full volume also only on one side of the ballance selection and the heater-a/c dont work on the previous setting. ....help please......

Where does one buy SA E30 radiator hoses. I'm looking for a full set. I'm guessing Gavin, and I will give him a call tommorow but is there anywhere else?

Also, in terms of plugs... my ones seemed to foul up pretty quick, I know the motor is a bit tired but is there any way of remedying this for another few laps? Hotter plugs?

Cheers

Ashkan

Anyone get away with no pedal rubbers for WOFs?

Want to use skateboard grip tape if so, I remember someone had issues come WOF time.

Edited by Brams

Anyone get away with no pedal rubbers for WOFs?

Want to use skateboard grip tape if so, I remember someone had issues come WOF time.

Work car failed on lack of rubber/broken rubber.

Don't see why it would fail with skateboard tape as the idea of the rubber is to stop slipping and as long as it does the job.

But then again, I'm not a WOF inspector

Try it, and take the pedal rubbers with you. If they fail it, chuck the pedal rubbers back on and go straight through for a retest!

on an E34 pfl 520i M20B20 Manual, is the gearbox the same Getrag 240 as found on the back of E30 f/ 320i?

yes

ok i have a 96 e39 528i, every time i turn the vehicle on the stereo goes full volume also only on one side of the ballance selection and the heater-a/c dont work on the previous setting. ....help please......

is E30 suspension, shocks and springs, compatable with E36's at all??

Springs maybe? dunno about shocks

Im looking at upgrading to something firmer in My E30, the OEM spec kybs and king springs aren't doing it for me

If they do swap out i'll just chuck it all in my sisters E36 which would work out well

is E30 suspension, shocks and springs, compatable with E36's at all??

Springs maybe? dunno about shocks

Im looking at upgrading to something firmer in My E30, the OEM spec kybs and king springs aren't doing it for me

If they do swap out i'll just chuck it all in my sisters E36 which would work out well

No they are not the same. E30 rear and E36 318Ti rear are though

hey,

Does anybody know where I can buy new bonnet gas struts for my 1996 E36 323i Coupe? They don't hold the bonnet up at all anymore which makes it kind of annoying if you're trying to do anything.

I suggest you sell it all to me if you do that.

Also, who do I call about getting Koni shocks? my rear's are fuuuu'd Bounce like 3-4 times on the rebound haha. I really should have a mechanic look at my car one day....

are the front brake pads of an e30 the same as rear ones? i bought front ones with "wings", but my current ones dont have them. :huh:

nope look totally different. back ones are quite small

How does one get a Z3 gear shifter in two to install the new bush/spring/collar/circlip into an early E30?

Old shifter splits in two with a locking ring in the base, new shifter seems to be one peice, but maybe its got some sorta hidden trick? :huh:

Posted Image

Edited by Jacko

Anyone know why my wipers work when the stalk is pressed inwards but not on any other settings i.e up and down or just the washer jets? Fuse is fine, cleaned both that and the relay connections, cleaned the earths, used a test light on the plug and it seems to be getting power, tried another switch (didn't have the press in wash/wipe wiring though) but still not a sausage, anyone got any ideas?

Edited by Brams

Anyone able to post a pic/pics of how their battery is secured, how the cable is routed (under the dash), and where the + terminal block sits on the firewall, in an E30 boot setup (factory)

I have a box of random bits im trying to make fit together. Could just mongrel it, but there must be some combination of bits that works! Im pretty sure I have excess bits too, some dont look like BMW parts :D

Edited by Jacko