E30stz

Quick Questions

ok im hoping u can help me out, when ive been driving round for a while and stop some place and turn off my car... i come back a while after and the car wont start, i usually hav to wait for bout an hour for the engine to start again.

are u able to tell me wats wrong and how i can fix this?

ive got a 1986 e30 325i

thanks a lot

ok im hoping u can help me out, when ive been driving round for a while and stop some place and turn off my car... i come back a while after and the car wont start, i usually hav to wait for bout an hour for the engine to start again.

are u able to tell me wats wrong and how i can fix this?

ive got a 1986 e30 325i

thanks a lot

You might have to give more info. What happens when you try to start it? etc?

You might have to give more info. What happens when you try to start it? etc?

nothing happens aye, makes a buzzing type of sound... its like its not trying to start

could it be something to do with starter motor?

Edited by wolliver

Some things to fix on my girlfriends E36 318is, I havent actually looked at the car yet but have a couple of quick questions.

1. E36 front inner ball joint, failed a WOF because of play. Do I replace the whole arm or just the ball joint? what cost can I expect to pay for parts (new) and is it an easy job with the right tools?

2. E36 Brake Master Cylinder, failed a WOF because it is apparently leaking (their diagnosis was because the paint on the master cylinder is flaking it is therefore leaking?? I find this weird because the brakes are fine ... thoughts??

Do diesels need their oil changed more often than petrols? Say an average 4cyl petrol engine needs its oil done every 10,000 ks, what are the requirements for the same kind of diesel?

looking at a mk1 golf gld.

Do diesels need their oil changed more often than petrols? Say an average 4cyl petrol engine needs its oil done every 10,000 ks, what are the requirements for the same kind of diesel?

looking at a mk1 golf gld.

Hah funny that I just bought a van impulsivly 10mins ago so would like to know the same thing. Also does anyone know why it wont start when i turn the key? Theres plenty of battery there and i can here the fuel pump relay clicking over. The dude i bought it off reckons i gotta wriggle the gear lever (column shift) or play with the battery terminal... im thinkin maybe its the starter motor solinoid?

Hah funny that I just bought a van impulsivly 10mins ago so would like to know the same thing. Also does anyone know why it wont start when i turn the key? Theres plenty of battery there and i can here the fuel pump relay clicking over. The dude i bought it off reckons i gotta wriggle the gear lever (column shift) or play with the battery terminal... im thinkin maybe its the starter motor solinoid?

dude wtflol? Could have sworn you just put van on trademe. Whatd you get?

Edited by tastic

dude wtflol? Could have sworn you just put van on trademe. Whatd you get?

Hahaha! Yea i did, it sold last night bought another tonight lol! Got a 93 L300 2.5D Non turbo.

Whats an inhibitor switch bmw3?

If you have to wriggle the gear lever to start it I would say the inhibitor switch is faulty.

Diesel turbos should have oil changes every 5,000km... non turbo 10,000km with a new filter every time

If you have to wriggle the gear lever to start it I would say the inhibitor switch is faulty.

Diesel turbos should have oil changes every 5,000km... non turbo 10,000km with a new filter every time

Glenn is the inhibitor swith the switch that heats the glow plugs up?

Glenn is the inhibitor swith the switch that heats the glow plugs up?

No... its the switch on the gearlever or gearbox that inhibits starting in gear and also works the reverse light switch

Got a 93 L300 2.5D Non turbo.

Edited by bravo

Ooops... I missed that. The inhibitor switch should be on the side of the gearbox...it may just need adjusting correctly

Do e36 side indicators fit e30s?

e36 indicator: Posted Image

yer i want to know if they fit also

I'm pretty sure E36 are smaller. I dont have an E30 here to compare though...so I might be wrong

They are smaller, but I've been told they fit.

They do fit, you just have to drill another hole. The E36 facelift indicators also fit, but they leave holes in the guard because they are so small. I have pics of E36 facelift ones on my car if you want to see.

just a quicke

why do some e30's have the battery in the boot and others in the engine bay?

is it to do with European/ South African production lines????

6 cylinder 3 series cars have the battery in the boot simply because there's no room in the engine bay for it. Probably also aids in proper weight distribution.

4 cylinder cars have them in the front cos there's heaps of room... puny engine you see! :)

Why - Primarily better weight distribution (albeit little difference).

But also lets face it, batterys arent exactly asthetically pleasing.

My SA 325i has the factory battery in the boot and long-range fuel tank thing going on.