E30stz

Quick Questions

How long did you run it for ? was it missing ?

No more than a few mins, temperature gauge was still in the blue. All the rad hoses are warm apart from the bottom one(?), nope it wasn't missing it was running fine

Edited by AJ_D

Start it again and try running it longer. You may have flooded it...give it full throttle and try starting it.

False alarm, battery was dead thats why it wasn't starting. Still white smoke coming out the back but that could be because it has no muffler and it hasn't been running in the last month. Going to take it for a quick drive to see if it overheats or uses any water

I have a random beep that happens now and then, i have had a search and found the OBC memory 3 beeps... anyone know if this is the same thing? Cheers

battery was dead

Batteries hate you.

I have a random beep that happens now and then, i have had a search and found the OBC memory 3 beeps... anyone know if this is the same thing? Cheers

OBC will beep for an ice warning when outdoor temperature drops below 3 degrees. It does it again if it warms up and then drops through 3 degrees again. Is that it?

Thanks heaps! That sounds more than likely the cause seeing as the temperature down here has been in the negatives the past week. Cheers

what's this noise? happens every start up.

My car makes a Similar sort of sound, it's the rev counter moving on mine.

Could be starter motor sticking. Where does the noise come from?

is there a way to clean/rinse the insides of a headlamp? Mine has some water residue in there, wondering the best way to clean it without taking it apart. I dried it with a dehumidifier after water got into them, but there's a bit of a white residue in them

Thanks

is there a way to clean/rinse the insides of a headlamp? Mine has some water residue in there, wondering the best way to clean it without taking it apart. I dried it with a dehumidifier after water got into them, but there's a bit of a white residue in them

Thanks

assume you mean E30? you can take the lamp off the bracket and remove the plastic bulb holder then rinse all you like under a tap etc. but the water in there before would be because its not sealing properly, the only two joins on a facelift lamp are around the glass/plastic intersection and also the bulbholder/lamp body. you could put another layer of silicon around the glass? carefull not to make it too thick or the chrome ring wont go back on. could do the same on the bulb holder touhg may be a bitch to change the bulbs at a later date

thanks Andy, will give it a go

they are new and weren't stored correctly lol <_<

e30 coupe has a dull whining noise that comes from the front left wheel, increases with speed. At speed it disappears when turning right (say a long right turn on the motorway)

I'm guessing the wheel bearing needs replacing? this right?

yes most nz new cars have 80amp instead of the 140amp that the jap imports have

have one if needed

I think it's 520i's that have those,

my car has a 140a and it's NZ new. in the manual it seems to suggest that 520i have the smaller size.

I think it's 520i's that have those,

my car has a 140a and it's NZ new. in the manual it seems to suggest that 520i have the smaller size.

no some 328i nz new i have wrecked have 80amps

maybe yours was upgraded , or being a e34 instead of a e36

any tips on pressing in the connector pipe to the block? the o-ring is making it very tuff, especially with the tight space and little leverage

dish washing liquid to lube?

post-5113-1341824151.jpg

^^^ yup that'll do

E34 Touring M50NV.

Driving home, temperature gauge slowly goes up to about 3 1/4 mark.

Stopped turned the car off, checked the engine - no leaks or steam... radiator stone cold, top pipe hot, bottom pipe cold.

Heater still working well.

Thermostat replaced about a month ago.. Possibly failed again? Maybe water-pump? Blocked radiator looking likely.

Annoying... will figure it out tomorrow.

Doubt you can magically get air locks? lol Might try that first...

my e30 is sputtering when i give it some gas ?

any thoughts

have changed spark plugs , oil , filter etc

what to check? car drives fine otherwise

just a strong misfire going well i put my foot down

its a 318i