E30stz

Quick Questions

Welcome to site.

Could search the subject as it's been covered a few times on this site.

Remove the RHS fuel sender under the seat - you will find a broken wire in it

Awesome thanks very muchly for that information, much appreciated. I tried searching the forum, but I think my Forums skills are a bit rusty as I couldn't seem to find anything

Awesome thanks very muchly for that information, much appreciated. I tried searching the forum, but I think my Forums skills are a bit rusty as I couldn't seem to find anything

Either the wire comes off at one end or the insulation breaks down on the wiring. Either replace wire with similar wire that is suitable for sitting in petrol or replace sender / fuel pump .http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-accessories/bmw/other/auction-517184179.htm

This is located in your RH tank under the rear passenger seat. If your going to repair it , google how to do it and be very careful not to blow yourself up !

Otherwise check out this clip to test cluster gauges to confirm fuel gauge function

I have only ever seen the wire broken - on many over the years. I have always just taken it out & soldered the broken wire back on (electric iron) & never had a future problem:-

Would E46M3 rims (18x8 Front ET47 18x9 Rear ET26) fit my E36 without guard work?

Cheers guys :)

You could with just a light guard roll I'd say depending on tyre choice. I've got 18x8 et20 with 215/35's on the touring with just the inner lip folded and just clears. It is on superlows aswell. Also got a set of 18x 9.5s et15 with 225/40's that's a very snug fit with abit of guard pulling. Your welcome to come round and try them on for size

I have only ever seen the wire broken - on many over the years. I have always just taken it out & soldered the broken wire back on (electric iron) & never had a future problem:-

i had one the other day where i had to replace the wire , but most are just broken

^ Nope.

They don't even fit non-M3 E46's without major guard work.

Thanks Mark, that was kinda the reason i was looking at them as i'm looking at e46ing soon.

You could with just a light guard roll I'd say depending on tyre choice. I've got 18x8 et20 with 215/35's on the touring with just the inner lip folded and just clears. It is on superlows aswell. Also got a set of 18x 9.5s et15 with 225/40's that's a very snug fit with abit of guard pulling. Your welcome to come round and try them on for size

Cheers, I have 18x9's (late et20's by memory) on it currently and like your 9.5's are a little snug also.

I'm sure, like everything, if you want them bad enough you'll make them fit ;)

1985 E30 320i.

Losing coolant, but no obvious signs of leakage and no water in the oil.

Leaking heater box or tap etc inside the car?

Should my next step be to remove, or partially dissasemble the dash?

Cheers :D

1985 E30 320i.

Losing coolant, but no obvious signs of leakage and no water in the oil.

Leaking heater box or tap etc inside the car?

Should my next step be to remove, or partially dissasemble the dash?

Cheers :D

Also had this problem with my 320i, be interested to see what it was

If its heater box or tap in car you will generally smell coolant pretty quickly, even if its a small drip.

If its heater box or tap in car you will generally smell coolant pretty quickly, even if its a small drip.

I've been naughty and been topping it up with water, so perhaps I wouldn't. I can't really see or feel it leaking from anywhere in the engine bay, and it seems to leak worse if the heater is on..

(Maybe tap is good, but box is stuffed?)

If it's leaking from the heater matrix, you might see it dripping from the air con evaporator tray drain underneath the car

If it's leaking from the heater matrix, you might see it dripping from the air con evaporator tray drain underneath the car

cheers, will have a look :D

Hi, a fan clutch question.

If the car is cold, should the fan stop if a thin roll of newspaper was stuck between the fan?

or is it that when the car is at operating temperature that the fan would stop if a thin roll of newspaper is inserted.

What I am trying to find out is my fan clutch bad.

SO in other words, IF the car is at operating temperature and newspaper got stuck in and the fan stops, it means the fan clutch is working?

Sorry to be so confusing

you should be able to stop it when its cold - this is so the car can heat up

you shouldn't be able to stop is when hot - this is to keep the car cool

You shouldn't be able to do this at operation temperature.

Also got a set of 18x 9.5s et15 with

Better give them to me... :P

Edited by antil33t

Better give them to me... :P

Hmmmmmm im thinking they will look abit out of place on an e34... Just spent all lastnight vinyling the 100mm+ of dish bright green. :D

Are ment to be for my now almost complete ute but will make an appearance on the BM's once I shorten the wheel bolts so they don't catch inside the hubs with the adapters on.

Also does anyone know why are my recently re-powercoated style 32s starting to get a yellowy look about them?

Got them about 3 or 4 months ago and looked like they had just been done but have slowly been getting yellow tinge

I wouldn't mind throwing bright green wheels on for the lulz.

Do want your Style32's bad.

I know someone just out of dunedin with a set of Style5's.

I wouldn't mind throwing bright green wheels on for the lulz.

Do want your Style32's bad.

I know someone just out of dunedin with a set of Style5's.

What's the specs on these style 5s you speak of?

No idea, they're on an E39. Some guy didn't even know what they were. They're out of dunedin a little, and he isn't advertising them on trademe.. just the car for parts, I emailed him and he's got 4+ spare.

No idea, they're on an E39. Some guy didn't even know what they were. They're out of dunedin a little, and he isn't advertising them on trademe.. just the car for parts, I emailed him and he's got 4+ spare.

So be a nice low offset. Damn you tempting me!

I get a vibration through the car ( '88 325 ) between 95 - 105KMH. 4 brand new tyres, balanced and aligned. Had it in getting serviced last week and they thought it would be a balance issue, so had the tyres re-balanced/ rotated today.

Vibration is still there. Any ideas?

What are the wheels off? If they are aftermarket they may have the wrong bore size or require hubcentric locating rings?

I get a vibration through the car ( '88 325 ) between 95 - 105KMH. 4 brand new tyres, balanced and aligned. Had it in getting serviced last week and they thought it would be a balance issue, so had the tyres re-balanced/ rotated today.

Vibration is still there. Any ideas?

What are the wheels off? If they are aftermarket they may have the wrong bore size or require hubcentric locating rings?

Basket weaves