E30stz

Quick Questions

How is this piece of trim held on? Is it held on by some sort of adhesive which has perished and is where those rusty spots now are?

10e3nl0.jpg

back of the cylinder head #13

3.png

Thank-you...! :) I was looking for it on the block... :wacko:

How is this piece of trim held on? Is it held on by some sort of adhesive which has perished and is where those rusty spots now are?

10e3nl0.jpg

It just fits around the metal guttering. Just press is back over or look at it side on you will see it just clips over it.

The rust spots are where clips were. Clips similar to this I assume, can't seem to find the exact ones on real oem

mah49BY7SzUYnRmPLjq2M9g.jpg

Thanks dude.

I wonder where the hell the clips went... It started coming loose sometime last week. It's not possible that someone stole them is it?

And I guess the question now is where can I get some replacements?

Edited by vtgts300kw

Drove my e30 in the weekend, only to have the air conditioning/heater unit die completely (doesn't blow out any air). The fan has been squeezing quite a bit lately.

Any idea why this may have happened and is it an easy fix? Really want to get it going again as I'm driving half way down the country over new years in it...

Drove my e30 in the weekend, only to have the air conditioning/heater unit die completely (doesn't blow out any air). The fan has been squeezing quite a bit lately.

Any idea why this may have happened and is it an easy fix? Really want to get it going again as I'm driving half way down the country over new years in it...

My first thought, seized blower motor (check and see if it spins)

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=816093

My first thought, seized blower motor (check and see if it spins)

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=816093

Thanks for that link. I tried searching but was using the wrong words so that helps a lot. I'll check all fuses in the weekend, otherwise sounds like it is this issue,

Is there a way to check if it's spinning without pulling it all out yet?

You're right, check the fuses/relays etc. you probably still have to remove that cover on the firewall to see the fans, check using a multimeter to see if power is going to the motor, if there is and it's not spinning I would say that's your problem.

You're right, check the fuses/relays etc. you probably still have to remove that cover on the firewall to see the fans, check using a multimeter to see if power is going to the motor, if there is and it's not spinning I would say that's your problem.

Thanks a lot. That will give me something to do in the weekend!

The rust spots are where clips were. Clips similar to this I assume, can't seem to find the exact ones on real oem

mah49BY7SzUYnRmPLjq2M9g.jpg

I have plenty here, how many do you need? can't remember how many the E30s have

Why is my new shift rod join not circular? it has heaps of play in it so at the moment i've left the old one in...

post-4560-0-11891700-1387427157.jpg

I bought one from the dealer and it was oval too. I got a engineer to fit a brass bush in my old one instead.

So apparently some E30's have a fuel filter in the engine bay and others have them in front of the rear left wheel. I have a 325i produced 7/87. I can see the filter in the engine bay, so I know there's one there, but when i look in front of the rear left wheel I can also see something that looks like the fuel filter? Could there possibly be 2 fuel filters?
I may take some photos tomorrow if required,

anyway, hope someone can help me out

Thanks,
Toby

are you sure its not a/the charchoal canister you are looking at?

but i guess its possible it has both

are you sure its not a/the charchoal canister you are looking at?

but i guess its possible it has both

I finally figured it out - what i was seeing in the engine bay was the fuel filter and what i was seeing by the rear left wheel was the fuel pump. I thought the fuel pump was under the back seats but apparently not on pre 8/87 E30's. Thanks for the quick response anyway... ^_^

Amateur hour here, I'm pretty sure there is a difference between facelift and prefacelift headlight assemblies? Picked up a pair of Smileys today, followed instructions to take the black light mounts out and found the mating hole locations were way out for the headlight.

Can someone confirm they're not compatible? Wanna make sure I'm not crazy. Took a picture if you need to see what I mean, Haven't got the hang of my new phone in terms of the photo uploading game yet.

Disappointed, but its alright. Thanks

Amateur hour here, I'm pretty sure there is a difference between facelift and prefacelift headlight assemblies? Picked up a pair of Smileys today, followed instructions to take the black light mounts out and found the mating hole locations were way out for the headlight.

Can someone confirm they're not compatible? Wanna make sure I'm not crazy. Took a picture if you need to see what I mean, Haven't got the hang of my new phone in terms of the photo uploading game yet.

Disappointed, but its alright. Thanks

You should have grabbed the entire assembly, headlights and brackets. Then all you would need to do is some re-wiring.

What's the pezo speaker looking thing under the driver's side console cover with the big round green connector? Mine had the two cables running into it disconnected, reconnected both and nothing seems to have changed?

It's the reverse warning beeper on jap models. Should beep at you when in reverse. Hence why most are disconnected!

You should have grabbed the entire assembly, headlights and brackets. Then all you would need to do is some re-wiring.

Yeah I see now. Fortunately/unfortunately it was only the bulbs for sale. Have given them a super thorough clean and polish and have set them aside for the day I get some facelift assemblies for them to go into.

Whoops!

Where's a reasonably priced place to get some exhaust tips from?

After something similar to the dual square Remus ones.

What's the pezo speaker looking thing under the driver's side console cover with the big round green connector? Mine had the two cables running into it disconnected, reconnected both and nothing seems to have changed?

It's for the chime to let you know the tempature is below 3 degrees and to warn you of ice on the road and also for the memo on the obc that goes off 10secs before the hour to remind you to turn the radio on for the hourly news update.

• Like 1

the memo on the obc that goes off 10secs before the hour to remind you to turn the radio on for the hourly news update.

Wait, what?

Wait, what?

Its true, i know my E34s have it too, its in the owners manual lol