E30stz

Quick Questions

IIRC the donor was a eary - mid 1993 325 coupe. Did have the VIN at one stage but the file seems to have been lost in the course of moving house.

I think i have the VIN number somewhere, i have the ECU from that car in my E30

They can slide in length at the middle of the driveshaft , loosen the big nut ,

Bloody legend! :)

I think i have the VIN number somewhere, i have the ECU from that car in my E30

Actually that would be useful :) I know you sent it to me but I'm damned if I know what became of it

Actually that would be useful :) I know you sent it to me but I'm damned if I know what became of it

Haha found it WBABF32020JB02528 hope this helps

Haha found it WBABF32020JB02528 hope this helps

Kickass!

Don't suppose you'd be keen to sell the ECU? :ph34r:

Kickass!

Don't suppose you'd be keen to sell the ECU? :ph34r:

haha sorry its there to stay, i finally got around to getting the engine fired up the ECU was the hard part to find

haha sorry its there to stay, i finally got around to getting the engine fired up the ECU was the hard part to find

Thought you'd say that :) Right, now to find someone that can teach me how to code! :ph34r:

Thought you'd say that :) Right, now to find someone that can teach me how to code! :ph34r:

which ecu type do you need , i have some manual coded ones in stock

which ecu type do you need , i have some manual coded ones in stock

Should've known you'd have something stashed away :)

'94 E36 325i. Not too worried about the rpm at idle, just want to avoid the rev flare on gearchanges. I can see that will annoy the hell outta me.

Thanks Brent

one of my water pump bolts broke due to corrosion, i drilled it out but its made a bit of a mess and i need a way to fill it before redrilling and retapping.

would a welder be the right thing to use to fill up the hole? thoughts?

tried that, it's about as hard as baked clay lol, didn't really work at all. if a weld is the answer is there a Cantab with a welder willing to help out?

A heli coil would be better. A pic of the mess might help with suggestions. Welding is probably not an option

you can buy thread repair kits that use an metal epoxy, very different stuff to normal epoxy glues you buy for odd jobs.

as glenn said a heli coil would be your best option.

possibly best to take it to someone who has done it before, amateur work can just make it worse

you can buy thread repair kits that use an metal epoxy, very different stuff to normal epoxy glues you buy for odd jobs.

as glenn said a heli coil would be your best option.

possibly best to take it to someone who has done it before, amateur work can just make it worse

I've done a bit of research and I'll try a 2 part epoxy which is about 3x the strength of the steel putty. If that fails I'll have a rethink. Helicoil won't work unless I use one in conjunction with the epoxy. The hole is large and not circular.

I've done a bit of research and I'll try a 2 part epoxy which is about 3x the strength of the steel putty. If that fails I'll have a rethink. Helicoil won't work unless I use one in conjunction with the epoxy. The hole is large and not circular.

You might be looking at a new block then. I doubt the epoxy will have the strength and deal with the temperatures. Show us a picture... by PM if you like

You want a timesert or an oversized insert. Spring style inserts (like helicoil brand are) can cause a lot of issues later.

If you have the space, you can drill it bigger, screw in some threaded rod, then drill and tap to suit., VERY carefully.

• Like 1

Which engine was this? If just one of four bolts holding pump, sometimes best bet is run with 3 bolts

e30 manual conversion pedal stops

wondering about the kickdown switch on the accelerator pedal, if i remove this is there a stop that goes in its place?

Also the clutch stop i have is a simple plactic disc with no adjustment. Is there a common adjustable option?

They're interchangable. Had a red pfl on my silver facelift

You want a timesert or an oversized insert. Spring style inserts (like helicoil brand are) can cause a lot of issues later.

If you have the space, you can drill it bigger, screw in some threaded rod, then drill and tap to suit., VERY carefully.

That's not a bad idea, I was thinking I could even use a smaller bolt rather than m6 since i have limited width to work. e.g m6 insert m4 bolt but yes i would have to be very careful. this is probably a last resort.

Which engine was this? If just one of four bolts holding pump, sometimes best bet is run with 3 bolts

its an m30 so 6 bolts in total, one of which is buggered.

all bolts have to be torqued to 9 NM +/- 1NM so its still possible to fix (fingers crossed).

Yo,

Can you swap you front and rear wheels without have to rebalance or align?

My balance/alignment is good, but I have a bit of inner rear camber wear. So if i put the front wheels and tyures on the back would that be sweet?

Cheers

Yo,

Can you swap you front and rear wheels without have to rebalance or align?

My balance/alignment is good, but I have a bit of inner rear camber wear. So if i put the front wheels and tyures on the back would that be sweet?

Cheers

You dont need to rebalance of align if you do that.

That said, would I do it? No.

your front tyres are the ones you use to stop and turn, id rather have the maximum amount of tread i can thanks. plus you will just end up with 4 tyres with bald inner shoulders, then what do you do