Lucan

What'd you do to your BMW today?

Replaced (with a lot of help - in fact, I was more of a spectator) the drive shaft coupling and air-con unit bearing - an issue identified by Tom (M3_Power)!

Contemplating vanos seal replacement but in no massive hurry. Certainly can't do it myself.

Replaced (with a lot of help - in fact, I was more of a spectator) the drive shaft coupling and air-con unit bearing - an issue identified by Tom (M3_Power)!

Contemplating vanos seal replacement but in no massive hurry. Certainly can't do it myself.

Tom rocks

2 new tyres ,got pirrellis again as i like them compared to the conti s and bridgestones.Big difference,a strange resonance has gone and as expected the ride is a little better.didnt have time for alignment but the older ones went from front to back.Alignment next weekend.

Finally removed the billowing remains of the headliner in the E36. Went to spotlight, bunnings & bottle store & collected necessary parts. Learned three valuable things. Bostik super tak does a REALLY good of of sticking your jandals to the garage floor; following DIY instructions that advise drinking whilst in the middle of something are instructions that probably ought not to be followed to the 'tee'; and lastly - my future does not lie in auto retrimming! :)

Having said that, black hides a multitude of sins! :ph34r:

I have this coming week off work, so I decided I would do some work on my E36. I purchased new front shocks, Control Arm bushes, Outer Ball joints, and rear shock mounts.

Pulled the rear shocks off, to find that they both push down fairly easily, then take over a minute to fully extend out again. I'm now going to purchase new rear shocks tomorrow..

On to the front... Removed the driver's side front shock (was leaking so it needed to be replaced anyway). got it out with no issues, got the spring off and decided to see how far gone it was. I managed to push the shock down with my index finger and hit the bottom of the arm within a few seconds (with a loud clunk of metal hitting metal).

Fingers crossed I will have a more comfortable ride when it's all back together :rolleyes:

Not an S50? After all that work.....why??????

Pretty sure the date has something to do with it haha...

Ahhhhhhhhhhh f@*k

Insomnia sucks sometimes :(

Reasons for this?

I decided to pull the V8 out today.

Posted Image

Putting an M50 back in.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh f@*k

Insomnia sucks sometimes :(

Reasons for this?

April fools chaps! :P

April fools chaps! :P

Lol, got me!

My face initially reading this: :blink:

Haha. Nice one!

Hehe, in light of that joke, it would be insane to change it, way too much time spent on the damn thing!

That's the thing with conversions... the motor and box swapping is not too complicated, instead I found the bulk of the work is connecting everything up, each wire, fluid line & fitting things in different locations to make other parts fit etc, it goes on & on, that is where the hard work lies IMO.

Gave the E46 a good clean.

NZ new 328ci, 5 speed.

Recently picked up the 18" BBS RCs off a member.

Posted Image

Awesome Simon, those wheels are spectacular! What are such rims worth? (without tyres)

Cheers mate, I like them too.

They're pretty hard to get - put it this way, I wouldn't sell them for less than $2k with tyres.

Awesome Simon, those wheels are spectacular! What are such rims worth? (without tyres)

Put some new Neuton NT5000 on it, had read some great reviews on them so I gave them a go. Can confirm that they are really good value for money.

Sold the E30 today... On steel wheels. Was a sad sight for me.

post-6404-1365394585.jpg

Sold the E30 today... On steel wheels. Was a sad sight for me.

Had the same exact feeling when selling my E34 :(

post-3670-1365806923.jpg

Rolled over 300,000 today, it'll be good for another 300 for sure!

Posted Image

Hooked up the exhaust vacuum valves so they stay closed under 3000rpm (adjustable) reducing the low frequency noises while at cruising speeds. The valves open up automatically once 3000rpm is passed. There's also a switch on the console to keep them open at all times if so desired.

Basically the same as how the mufflers would have run on a factory Audi RS4.

Gave the E46 a good clean.

NZ new 328ci, 5 speed.

Recently picked up the 18" BBS RCs off a member.

Posted Image[/url]

Great wheels. Suit the car perfectly.

Went for a drive around the block one last time yesterday while the car still has the 5 speed automatic. Also took the opportunity to take a short drive by video.

In the end I got the 5 speed auto working reasonably well with a custom controller, but its just a bit too dull despite having quick shifts at higher speeds, the car needs 3 pedals so it's back off the road for a 5 speed manual conversion over winter.

I knew it always needed it, but wanted to give the auto setup a go first.