Lucan

What'd you do to your BMW today?

I am getting bored waiting for parts from overseas and also waiting for a dude to free up time to fix my rust...so I'm painting injectors and test fitting some flares :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

At the recommendation of some other members, bought some Meguiar's Tech Wax 2.0 for her .. :wub:

post-793-1369548787.jpg

what you'll see in your mirror, if you're fast enough to be in front

post-793-1369548787.jpg

what you'll see in your mirror, if you're fast enough to be in front

Not that you'd spot such an install at 120mph!! So much win, can't wait to see this bad boy finished!

Sold my old car

Did an oil and filter change on my 330, Castrol 0w/40

Rolled my rear guards to avoid rubbing

Smelly kitchen time

post-4560-1370337856.jpg

Edited by _Matt_

Cleaned the headlights inside and out, it's amazing how dam dirty these can get, especially the reflectors inside.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Smelly kitchen time

Hey Matt. What did you paint them with? Powder coat or heat resistant paint? About to paint my valve box covers and wondering the best way to do it. Any advice on prepping them for painting would be great too - the covers on M62tu are pretty corroded.

Get em media blasted then prime with heat proof primer use crinkle black paint. Mine is and it looks awesome. I recommend getting it done professionally as a spray gun is really the way to apply it.

I couldn't find heat proof primer anywhere. I plan on using crinkle black for my rocker cover too. Those pieces I've used heat proof paint. I also painted my fuel injectors with standard primer and heat proof paint and no bubbling occurred or anything after curing in the oven.

Pioneer Auto Parts in Penrose will be able to tell you who sells the VHT high temp primer near you, Repco will get it in if you request it. I use their extractor paint to prime whatever I am doing.

Bought an IS front lip, picked up last night. Also received my Speedhunters windscreen banner, and bought an m-tech 1 rear spoiler. Shall paint and fit it all tomorrow :)

Get em media blasted then prime with heat proof primer use crinkle black paint. Mine is and it looks awesome. I recommend getting it done professionally as a spray gun is really the way to apply it.

Is media blasting expensive? Any recommendations of who to go to? Did you do yours in the 540 or E30? I think the 540 engine bay needs the aluminium/silver colour to break up all the black plastic parts!

more sanding , filling , etc

just about ready for primer

starting off as just replace a couple of panels , turns into a just about a full repaint

post-279-1370673181.jpg

post-279-1370673389.jpg

post-279-1370673411.jpg

Edited by Brent HARTGE535i

Brent:

Look to get some extra clear coat on it to repel stone chips for the track. Or get the 3m stuff for the leading edges / bonnet. Keep it all shiney.

Julian:

It’s in the 540. Looks very very good and much better than the champagne colour. The e30 naturally has black crinkle for the m3 rocker covers.

Is media blasting expensive? Any recommendations of who to go to?

depends on the size and complexity, should be ok for rocker covers.

Try Dave at AutoBlast - does all kinds of blasting and can probably help with the painting as well.

Took the lexus styled tail lights out of the girlfriends E36 and put in standard ones because those things are just ugly.

Found that the previous owner had cut one of the wires as the pin was in the wrong place and BMW tail lights being how they are I had to solder a wire to the light housing to get it working.

Went through 6 fuses before I found out I should attach it to the light housing itself not the bulb holder.

Looks much better now and has reverse lights which actually work.

Selling that Brent?

Selling that Brent?

yes will be for sale soon

Put the front end back together with cleaned headlights inside and out, new seals, replaced flog lights and an M-Tech lower grille. Looking much sharper!

Posted Image

Drove the e30 around today .. was a pretty cool day for it. Re learning adaptions after a reset the other week.