Lucan

What'd you do to your BMW today?

Did Whangarei to Kawakawa, to play trains.

Used 7.2L/100kms on the way up. but managed to change the average to 7.9 coming back due to having a kidney stone :( and rushing a bit..... Plus we followed an E92 M3 with the plate GO4IT2 B)

Today, i looked at my E30.. Then went inside and slept all day and watched vids of BMWs on youtube.

• Like 1

I went on the hunt for a replacement lip for my e30. Called a wrecker to ask bout the volvo lip. Said it would cost $250. Yeah nah. Went to the pick a part near me and my luck was in. Even got change from a $20.

Lol, $250...

I got quoted $395 + gst at Strongs Honda for a used air box on some non vtec Honda a while back. Insanity...

Got the box out and the stupidly heavy dual mass flywheel and quite worn clutch and burnt pressure plate.

Tomorrow the new light flywheel goes on along with clutch etc.

Ordered all new shifter bushes for tomorrow too. Mmmm new bits.

Cheers Mark for ya help, see you on wednesday.

Got the box out and the stupidly heavy dual mass flywheel and quite worn clutch and burnt pressure plate.

Tomorrow the new light flywheel goes on along with clutch etc.

Ordered all new shifter bushes for tomorrow too. Mmmm new bits.

Cheers Mark for ya help, see you on wednesday.

did you buy one , or have one made . I can't fine the post you started about your flywheel.

Finished welding up the new trans tunnel / firewall, got a coat of primer on it and ready for sealant.

Engine Loom spread across the dinner table getting all un-necessary wires/plugs removed.

Body Loom next.

O'Joy

Finsihed cleaning inside and seats. yay it smells clean finally. got it back from auto electrician. it starts via the ignition switch now. but a few other bugs still present. fuel gague bounces. fan only goes on setting 4. indicators dont auto cancel. and horn stopped working hmmmm. slowly i getting closer to its first wof under my ownership

did you buy one , or have one made . I can't fine the post you started about your flywheel.

Yep bought one. NZAD, forum sponser hooked us up. Half the weight of the dual mass.

Looks like I am finally done programming the gearbox, smooth yet crisp shifts at low speeds with light throttle and quick, snappy shifts at higher speeds/rpm. Torque converter lock up control is also functional in 4-5th for cruising speeds. The engines stalling issue is now fixed too!

Sounds good Mike.

I too have completed the flywheel conversion project. Negative results thus far though.

No 5th and no reverse, maybe to do with new shifter bushes?

Over it for now.

Gahh, that's frustrating Greg.

Is the selector set in the right position inside the box? Sounds like its not getting enough travel to select those gears...?

On another note, I'll just leave this test telemetry clip here.... It's a few days old, performance is since improved. Youtube Clip

Edited by Michael.

Today

Replaced Cam belt, Tensioner, Water pump (looked pretty rooted but was working fine), Front Cam and crank seals, viscous fan unit, drive belts, got a/c re gassed, replaced valve cover gasket, fuel filter, Temp sensor replaced.

All 4 Brake discs, new brembo discs and CPLUS low dust Pads (Only need Street brakes) new brake fluid, new rear handbrake shoes. (Hand brake was useless).

Old cambelt looked ok on the outside, but you could see cracking when you put it inside out.

Edited by Charles32

Issue sorted, was a misfitted shifter bush. My f**k up. Clearly saw it once on a hoist rather than on my back at home.

My god it gets up and goes now!

Welcome to the club .... a f**k ton better for the s50 and actually lets it rev with out that triquel feeling.

Drove the 328i out to mosgiel to pickup pizza via 3mile hill, good times...

Welcome to the club .... a f**k ton better for the s50 and actually lets it rev with out that triquel feeling.

Yep revs right out very freely. Needs to go back on hoist tomorrow though as the shifter is touching the driveshaft when in 2nd gear!

With the new bushes the AC Schnitzer short shift has never felt so good.

Nice one! :)

Are you using the stock connecting rod. There are quite a few different types. I used some random bent looking one found at rays, had to modify the connector pins legnth on one of them ... was all good after that :)

Standard E36 shifter rod which is a factory bent rod.

Standard E36 shifter rod which is a factory bent rod.

Around the right way ??

Lol, $250...

I got quoted $395 + gst at Strongs Honda for a used air box on some non vtec Honda a while back. Insanity...

It's funny because people will pay those prices all day.

Around the right way ??

Haha always Glenn. Take a bit more notice than that.

All the bushes were stuffed so new ones fiitted and now the shifter rod rubs on the driveshaft donut. Didn't get a chance to hoist it today. Will put up with it till monday.

pick up some new wheels for the drug dealers special car

98 750iL to replace the 20" MAC wheels.

got these from some car wrecker that does mostly jap stuff .

nicely pressented on the vehicle

spent about a hour cleaning them up tonight.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

post-279-1359708082.jpg

Edited by Brent HARTGE535i

What'd you use to clean them? other then plenty of elbow grease. They look great now. Good find