Sign in to follow this  
Forrest

Road Legal Track Car on a Budget

Looking Good Nathan!

Looking good dude. Cant wait to see it with the wheels on!

Going any lower?

Thanks guys,

Matt:

won't be going much lower as once get the bigger wheels with the lower profile tyres it will drop it slightly, but not by much.

Guest Simon*

Looks fast sitting still. Congrats on the warrant :)

Looking fwd to wheel pics. Single wiper mod?

Thanks guys,

Matt:

Oops - Need to learn to read :D

When do you think you'll have the new feet on?

Cheers Si, single wiper = when go m52 turbo, alpine white, full cage, flares, 9 inch wide slicks.........

Um Matt, tyres should be here tomorrow, took me about a day to sand, primer, paint and polish per wheel, have one more day of uni (should be doing my assignment and studying right now, but bimmersport = win), so after that hoping to have the wheels/tyres put on Saturday and get a wheel alignment cos its f**ked as atm haha

Not much of an update,

Pick the r888's up tmoro, should have them on the car by Monday.

After driving it a bit, and driving Paul's race series car around the block :wub: I have decided I need to refine the car a bit, so new cam, intake boot and subframe bushes will be going in as soon as funds allow.

Have taken the sponsor stickers off the car, am just going to keep it q ship bar the teeny stickers and the BS stickers I have to add.

New suede wheel is hopefully going to be sorted this week.

Car is back up on jacks today for some repairs + replacements.

Lip is being replaced next weekend after the v8 supercars (thanks Blair).

Am learning how to replace a camshaft after the above weekend too.

My diff output shafts seem to be leaking where they bolt to the drive shafts with the allen key bolts, can I gasket this? Also the bolts seem to be vibrating loose, thread lock???? or can I put a nut on the otherside to lock it in, any advice for this is appreciated as it is slightly worrying and is burning diff oil off the exhaust.

Made a slight modification to my exhaust to stop it rubbing on the rear valence with some welding wire to keep the tension on it (backyard as I love it).

Got my tyres on thursday after my spin, spending the day preping the rest of the wheels for paint and tyre fitting.

In a slight tangent, went for a good thrash over Paekakriki Hill in the car on Friday, goes sooooooo much better than it used to, actually has some real pace, had been waiting for that day since I started back in August. Makes the $6k I have put into it worth every cent.

Till next time, (with some pictures),

Nathan

WIN

Posted Image

Posted Image

Dish just needs another polish and they are good to go.

mmmm new tires, when i got myn i put them at in front door entrance way, as a feature for a week :)

Sweeeet Nath should be a different car with them on!

Not long now!!

Awesome work! Sooo jealous of the R888s... can't wait to get my rims :P

Sweet looking aweome man those rims are gonna look mint, how long till the cars done?

Thanks everyone I appreciate the comments, Sam, I love the color more and more now, have only ever seen 2 other e30's with it. And yeah it doesn't look too bad for a car worth a couple coke cans when I started.

And Luke ^ should be within the next month to have it 100% done, but when I have deadlines they usually get obliterated so I am not going to hold my breath. Have my first track day in May I think, that'l really show how well it goes.

Thanks everyone I appreciate the comments, Sam, I love the color more and more now, have only ever seen 2 other e30's with it. And yeah it doesn't look too bad for a car worth a couple coke cans when I started.

And Luke ^ should be within the next month to have it 100% done, but when I have deadlines they usually get obliterated so I am not going to hold my breath. Have my first track day in May I think, that'l really show how well it goes.

Haha Nath im much to familiar with the same situation... deadlines are not a friend of mine. I'll have a deadline set then something else will pop up that I want to do and therfore push the project even further from completion lol!

But one month should be good dude, thats about what im hoping for... likely story though lol. Good effort be sweet to see how your beast goes on the track ;)

^ Hardout man, I am dreaming off eating alive some bigger displacement weapons.

And yeah deadlines are a funny thing, was sposed to have this done by new years, but just got hooked and spent more and more and more money haha.

Originally just wanted to replace the shocks, put bottlecaps on and do a rear disc conversion....now look where it has got me hahahahaha

^ Hardout man, I am dreaming off eating alive some bigger displacement weapons.

And yeah deadlines are a funny thing, was sposed to have this done by new years, but just got hooked and spent more and more and more money haha.

Originally just wanted to replace the shocks, put bottlecaps on and do a rear disc conversion....now look where it has got me hahahahaha

Amen brutha haha. Mine was meant to be boosting by new years... that somehow did not happen lol. My car started out as a $500 car off my dad I was just going to slam and put rims on... now look where mine is haha, a pile of metal sitting outside my house! Deep down its worth it though no matter how long it takes and damn it has taught me some good patience! :rolleyes:

^ Thanks Si.

Should have some pics by Wed, hopefully get the wheels fitted by then.

Schmall Teasors

(Sorry for sh*t pics).

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Car looks really high cause didn't put tyres on other side, and had just been jacked up so springs not compressed back down fully.

- Nath

Edited by Forrest