Sign in to follow this  
e30ftw

E30 24V

m50 wuut.

Going to look phat yo.

Posted Image

Edited by ѕ¢нℓєυ∂є�η

Posted Image

Tight fit!! Lucky I pulled the grinder on the intake manifold before I put it in or else that would have been even more of a tight squeeze.

Posted Image

Posted Image

On the home straight :P

Oh and oopz.. :mellow:

Posted Image

Posted Image

did you put the m20 starter on first :P, good stuf

Edited by kerry

haha yeh i did, you can see it in the brake booster picture.

If I forgot I would have rather pulled the engine out than try put the start in with the engine in the car.

Wow the exhaust side is a Tight fit.

Good work John, this will be a really really nice car for you when it runs.

Would love to do one myself.

haha yeh i did, you can see it in the brake booster picture.

If I forgot I would have rather pulled the engine out than try put the start in with the engine in the car.

Wow the exhaust side is a Tight fit.

yea its a tight fit but not too bad really

Do these 2 connections go to the + battery? The ones sitting on the manifold, 1 wire is red so I'm guessing its the ECU power and there is another one coming off the just before the diagnostic connector does that go to + battery power too?

Posted Image

Do these 2 connections go to the + battery? The ones sitting on the manifold, 1 wire is red so I'm guessing its the ECU power and there is another one coming off the just before the diagnostic connector does that go to + battery power too?

Posted Image

the e36 have the battery post on the drivers side , then the red cable goes from there over to the passenger side next to the fuse box which supplys power to the fuse box and relays etc .

so probably not needed in a e30

unless you need a heavy gauge power wire for something on the left side of the car like a train horn etc

Nah I pulled that big red power cable out, I know the one you are talking about it has one part going to the starter motor but I swapped the m20 starter power cable because it has the battery terminal clamp on it.

I figured it anyways, the red wire to power and I pealed the shielding off the other wire and its a group of brown wires so obviously the ground..

Made the reverse light switch using the plug from the evap canister on the m50, since I aint using it just chopped the plug off as it fitted the gearbox reverse switch. All the linkage is in and fits up sweet.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Still waiting on my front struts. :angry:

^haha thats out there alright, did every thing bolt up as it shoud man.

Yeah so far everything has bottled up sweet as, roughly checked the driveshaft but I'll have to wait for the diff to be in to know for sure but I'm pretty sure it's algood.

I has wheels sorted too :ph34r:

And yeah i know lol the views is high as :o

Actually, only thing I can't sort is the top hose lol cos the m42 radiator needs a shorter hose than the bigger radiators. Probably gonna cut and join with a metal pipe in the middle or something I guess..

Edited by e30ftw

Probably gonna cut and join with a metal pipe in the middle or something I guess..

that's what i have done but a nice shiny stainless one

How'd you get on with the heater pipes?

I just pulled the gearbox cross member off and lifted the gearbox right up so the engine tilted more forward. It gave abit of room and I smashed the pipe abit, then was able to get the top hose on and then drop the gearbox down and its still sorta almost touching but it should be aight!

Guest Ari Gold

How'd you get on with the heater pipes?

Just shove a screwdriver in them as you bend them and they'll be fine.

Just shove a screwdriver in them as you bend them and they'll be fine.

lol, pull it out and shorten it properly .. only takes 10 mins to take it out. Took around 2 inchs off mine.

lol, pull it out and shorten it properly .. only takes 10 mins to take it out. Took around 2 inchs off mine.

Is that what your GF said Josh ??? :o