Sign in to follow this  
e30ftw

E30 24V

Is that what your GF said Josh ??? :o

haha ... fiancee glenn ... fiancee :D

lol, pull it out and shorten it properly .. only takes 10 mins to take it out. Took around 2 inchs off mine.

Bit hard when the motors in eh John.

The s50 manifold took 2 mins to remove, im sure the m50 ones take around the same. Have a look at my build thread for 1 solution (there are others)

You only need to take out the heater valve anyways to start with. Get a towel ready .. coolant will piss out inside the cabin and youll need something to catch it :)

Got my headunit in and wired up.. AWESOME?! not really... Oh I lost the BMW emblem badge that fits in the steering wheel. Not. Happy.

Posted Image

Went and bought some metal hose pipes to join up a couple hoses to fit the radiator. Used the bottom m20 hose + cut m50 top hose to do the top one to fit the m40 type radiator. Also used the m20 hose to join to the expansion bottle, had to use a pipe, join a bigger pipe, then join that to the other hose again. Effort.. fml.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

But yeppp as you can see in the first pic the ECU was plugged in. Wanted to see what it would do if I plugged it in and turned the key..

It cranks.

I smelt fuel.

But the battery was pretty much dead and ran outa juice <_<

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwOk12tP_zY

Lawl.

No exhaust manifolds ftw.

But I had the brake booster vacuum line off too, Whoops.. That's why I turned it off so quick and the fact the garages were closed and the noise friggn echoed like crazy!

THE M50 LIVES. Stoked as bae. :lol:

Edited by e30ftw

Good work!!! lul at the last few seconds of the vid. VRRROOOOOMMMM........BANG.......f**k!

Came to life alot easier than I thought it would lol.

Absolutely stoked considering one month ago the car was completely stripped out of everything including wiring and now I have managed to put it all together, swap an m50 in and have it all running all on my own pretty much. *pats self on back* lulz.

Came to life alot easier than I thought it would lol.

Absolutely stoked considering one month ago the car was completely stripped out of everything including wiring and now I have managed to put it all together, swap an m50 in and have it all running all on my own pretty much. *pats self on back* lulz.

Pretty damn impressive. FrantiC ftw. lol.

yea that's fast work for taking your time man haha, sweet engine though eh

Just had it going before again, Seems to go all good but can't tell cos it's so f*cken loud lol.

Only problem this stage is I noticed the rev tach wasn't working. Not sure if it's a wiring issue, or if the cluster I got is bung..

haha yea man that motor is strong.

He's already got sore legs from biking eh John

Everything engine wise is sweet now. Everything seems to be working. Have modified the exhaust manifolds, Just need to have them welded during the week.

So whats left really:

- Should get my front struts back this week.

- Manifolds need to be welded (have just cut and bent them to clear the steering, now need them welded), then if I get the front struts back I'll take the car down and have the exhaust made to fit the rest of my exhaust system.

- Wheels should arrive :ph34r:

- Need to buy some new rear shocks, Probably going to get some bilstein sport shocks and have them shortened once I adjust how the car will sit.

- Need an e36 clutch slave still, Only just remembered that one now lol..

- Driveshaft and diff to be installed.

- Test drive B)

Who welded the front struts ? The welds don't look right, I tried expanding the picture.... the welding could be an issue with the certifier... have you got a close up John ?

tidy engine bay dude

Those struts look they could break in half any time.