Sign in to follow this  
e30ftw

E30 24V

Coming along nicely. guna look so badass with the new rims :ph34r: one complete package!

Read thru the whole lot. That has been discussed. I think its rangi and wont pass cert but hey you never know

You & Graham are correct .... its all wrong & eventually will fail

Yeah there was a topic about that, for removing the steel shroud bit. As I said I was going to put metal spacers in there to avoid needing to use the rubber mount (not very sturdy mounted 90 degrees without that steel shroud piece). And yes I have talked to a certifier and am going to get a metal bush made for it, but that above is the rough idea that the exhaust fits and clears the linkage so adding a metal bush in there with no need for the metal shroud should be fine.

Those welds look awfully cold on the struts,

Other than that , everything looks badass and its good to see your doing everything the right way

I might pull the struts out and take them back i think.. Same shop is going to be shortening some rear shocks for me and also making the steering bush so I'll do it all in one go and have the welds cleaned up or re-done then have them checked to make sure its sufficient and strong.. Cos with them winded right up, the car is sitting just under 100mm lol. Right down it would probably go to like 60mm.

Does the place where your getting all this done have certified welders?. whenever i have to weld anything to a certian spec i have to document it for the customer with my ticket numbers. maby you could get them to document it for you so you have no trouble with the cert man

Really isn't much to go now. Just shorten some rear shocks, clean up front strut welds and paint, then install front end and have exhaust fitted up. Hoping to have it complete end of next week, but in no hurry.

In the mean time have semi sorted out the intake side.. And just got a new rubber bush for the steering, going to be alot cheaper than having a metal one made and it clears fine anyways.

Oh and I've bought a factory e30 skidplate.. Unsure how well it will fit under the m50 sump but will make it fit anyways.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by e30ftw

^ That air intake/filter set up reminds me alot of my old one, wait till you see the new one :ph34r: You need to modify it from a hot air box to a cold air box with some alloy etc also :P Otherwise, it is looking great. Might be finished the same time as mine ;)

Yeah I will probably make a box around it eventually, but in the meantime it's fine as is. Just want to get the main stuff sorted for now.

I had the strut perches re-welded too, So now just a matter of painting them and the front end will be in for good..

Posted Image

Camera is an absolute POS trying to take close up pics. That was the clearest out of about 30 pics hah.

pro tip: hold the 'take a picture' button half way down to allow the camera to focus in low light settings. It should emit a red light to help the camera focus. If not .. try taking the photos back slightly further.

Welds look nice! :)

or, stand back and zoom in.. (if the camera has optical zoom)

Looks good man _b Keep up the good work.

Struts are a whole lot cleaner now, cut off the brackets cleaned them up and painted them.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Also got a 12" electric fan. Probably could have gone bigger but oh well.. I didn't realize how tiny it was til I got it. Wired it up to the factory thermoswitch too so it comes on at T1 (The lower of the 2 settings).

Posted Image

Waiting for rear shocks to be shortened. Get the diff this weekend to throw that in and it is pretty much done! If the skid plate comes first may aswell try fit that too then it's off for the exhaust then WOF/CERT time :lol:

Edited by e30ftw

Reunited with my 3.64LSD today thanks to Mark (1rotty) absolute legend!!

Wasn't gonna put it back in today but had the time so bleh.. Diff is in. e30 manual driveshaft fits up perfectly to the getrag 220 box. Mint. Also chopped the end of the exhaust that went up the firewall where the old turbo dump pipe fitted, so now its cut just by the gearbox to have the bottom of the m50 manifolds matched up to it.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And I double checked everything works, all lights and everything are working sweet as. Rear shocks should be shortened tomorrow, then that leaves it to just having the exhaust joined up then w000t m50 wut.

Nice mate, wish I had your determination.

Sweet making it to the hamilton meet then ?

Awesome! do a skid :D

Yep, if I get the shocks sorted tomorrow I'll have the exhaust sorted on Tuesday / weds. Take it for the fail WOF on thursday then sort out the cert from there, hopefuly won't be like last time where I had the hugest list ever due to crap suspension lol. But I fixed everything that time, so technically everything I failed for last time has been fixed so unless something new needs to be sorted with this conversion, it should be sorted and legal within the next couple weeks, which means up will see you guys at the Hamilton meet ;)

Haha-couldnt wait eh? Awesum work.

Hope the ride wasnt too scary mate.lol

You guys are just gonna luv this thing.

Edited by 1rotty

Haha nah it was allgood man, your e30 def has alot of kick in it!

I pused it outside today. It's all done other than a vacuum hose that needs changing, then off tomorrow for the exhaust. Also need to adjust the stance but on the highest I can put it up front I can only fit 4 fingers between oil sump and the ground!

Started to take pics and the camera died so more tomorrow ...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

What wheels are they?

Or am I missing something