Sign in to follow this  
e30ftw

E30 24V

Those struts look they could break in half any time.

Thats what I was thinking

They look like any other GC strut conversion. Cut standard cup off. Weld new seating ring to OEM strut. clean and paint.

You can't really tell much from the photo. But if hes welded it with a clean surface and good general welding practice then theyre fine. For certification purposes just have a certified welder check the welds and sign them off before you paint them if you already haven't.

They are done exactly how GC recommend. Was done by a very experienced engineer at Quality Autos here in Hastings. Strut housings shortened 56mm (I chose to shorten them this length). Taped new threads for the top shock nut. Proper Spacers lathed and machined to fit at the bottom of the strut housings, instead of using the crap tube GC supply to make spacers with. Cost me a a fair bit but it has been done mint.

Edited by e30ftw

nice, how are you uploading pics , it wont let me

I always upload through www.imageshack.us and select to resize as 800x600 when they upload.. Easy as.

Edited by e30ftw

^^ are you trying to upload from your computer or from an offshore site? i can upload from photobucket and the above photos are imageshack...

^^ are you trying to upload from your computer or from an offshore site? i can upload from photobucket and the above photos are imageshack...

nz account just from my comp, it just comes up with see administration about upload directory blaaa blaa Edited by kerry

They are done exactly how GC recommend. Was done by a very experienced engineer at Quality Autos here in Hastings. Strut housings shortened 56mm (I chose to shorten them this length). Taped new threads for the top shock nut. Proper Spacers lathed and machined to fit at the bottom of the strut housings, instead of using the crap tube GC supply to make spacers with. Cost me a a fair bit but it has been done mint.

Can you show us some closer pictures ??

just give em a paint man you're good ! :) looking sweet, youll love them.

i think your camera sucks haha , might just be the photos making it look bad , grind that brake line bracket off tho

i think your camera sucks haha , might just be the photos making it look bad , grind that brake line bracket off tho

cheers haha, Its a $79 camera I bought a month ago, Absolute cheap POS but it was batter than not having a camera and I'm no photographer either lol.

I'll prob clean the struts up though. Going to do heaps over the weekend, All that is left really now is a couple of interior bits and front seats, install the modified exhaust manifolds (I did them myself with an angle grinder and alot of patience fitting them on and off, then $20 for this dude to weld them for me lol). Now just need the downpipes joined to the rest of the 2.5" exhaust.

Stoked as with how it's looking. The engine bay looks clean tidy as. :wub:

THIS is mean...shot bro keep up the good work ;)

Edit: BTW...Jeeezz how many views has this thread had!!!!

Edited by Blackie

Edit: BTW...Jeeezz how many views has this thread had!!!!

Thank Troy for that. He kept his computer on overnight doing auto refresh. He has some weird hobbies.

Great work by the way John, looking forward to seeing it in the flesh.

Looking good John, as Mark said looking forward to seeing it at the Hamilton E30 Meet.

Looking good man, its come a long way from the 2.7L Turbo ;). So much cleaner now.

But seriously more pics of the wheels plzzz k thanks

Interior Done.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Exhaust fits Sweet. Just need to down pipes fitted up.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Strechhhh :)

Posted Image

All that is left now is diff and driveshaft and having the exhaust fitted up. Then off to get a cert and Finally after almost hitting a year (March 24th) I will get that pink sticker off lol. And the green one too since it has both a pinky and a greeny lolz.

Edited by e30ftw

Your steering linkage has been installed incorrectly. Universals are out of phase. Someone has replaced the OEM bush with two home-job ones and so the linkage has been put 90 degrees out.

Otherwise she's coming along fine.

Your steering linkage has been installed incorrectly. Universals are out of phase. Someone has replaced the OEM bush with two home-job ones and so the linkage has been put 90 degrees out.

Otherwise she's coming along fine.

Read thru the whole lot. That has been discussed. I think its rangi and wont pass cert but hey you never know