Sign in to follow this  
Forrest

My Basic BBS RS Resto

The seal will be fine. Just needs at least 24hours to set properly

Veedub: Im going to be doing the same thing with my RC090 bolts when I split them.

Do you know if they're reusable though? I've heard things..

/threadjack :D

I've talked to arrow and mag master in Tauranga about re-using bolts. Both said they are fine with some locktite and have never seen any back out.

^ This is what I did.

Also try and find the original torque settings for the bolts when new and take a little bit off.

I found a DIY that had it for RS rebuilds....new was like XXnm and re-used was like XYnm, because if you use the same torque setting as when they were new the bolts are more likely to snap due to already being stretched once.

Edited by Brams

Yeah the stretching is what I was worried about.

Only a 2 peice wheels to so the wheels face isn't wedged betwween the shells like a 3 peice.

I'd reuse them. Been done so often before, as others have said just make sure you get the correct torque settings! I'll reuse the original bolts on my 2 piece RMs too, sweet as.

I noticed when I reused mine on my 16"s there was a fine line when torquing them up - you could feel the bolts stretching and you need to be carefull not to push their limits.

If I do them again I will buy new bolts.

Since this thread has been bumped...

Got the R888's mounted on the wheels...no leaks :D

Look amazing on the car, I am stoked with the result and the minimal budget I had along with a fair few hours of hard labour make it all worth it.

Not going to post any pics because most of the GC's on here will be at Taupo this weekend to see it in the flesh anyway, might get some DSLR pics done when I get back after the weekend.

The rest of the car is done now, time to do a few track days and some B road thrashes and enjoy driving it for a change, in 6 months time or so when I graduate stage 3 can begin :ph34r:

Cheers, Nathan

Since this thread has been bumped...

Got the R888's mounted on the wheels...no leaks :D

Look amazing on the car, I am stoked with the result and the minimal budget I had along with a fair few hours of hard labour make it all worth it.

Not going to post any pics because most of the GC's on here will be at Taupo this weekend to see it in the flesh anyway, might get some DSLR pics done when I get back after the weekend.

The rest of the car is done now, time to do a few track days and some B road thrashes and enjoy driving it for a change, in 6 months time or so when I graduate stage 3 can begin :ph34r:

Cheers, Nathan

I'm going to be overseas . . . post pics

I'm going to be overseas . . . post pics

+1

I'm stuck in the South Island. (Practically is a different country!!)

Don't fret, I am sure someone will take pics of it up in Taupo at 100mph and post them up ;)

All you guys are hyping it up so much now, gona be a mega anti-climax....it doesn't look THAT badass ha.

hahah yea i just got drenched in the f**ken rain lol!!!

haha too true. im sure it doe look badass though..

FLAMES!!! DAMN! lol

^ I have a spare seat in my car if you want to come to Taupo and I am sure we can find some room in our accomo. In all seriousness ;)

For those of you unfortunate enough not to be in Taupo last weekend and see it in the flesh, here are a few pics in its completed state...for now ;) Track Days make you want to spend more money sadly.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

According to a few people it went really well on the track and my driving was nice and smooth, had a absolute blast on the track, it stopped and handled perfectly for what I wanted, think I was floating around the low 1.59's at the end of the day (according to my sources).

Edited by Brams

i think you had a grin on your face most of the day , good on ya man.

^ Ljet 320 I think. Baller ay ^_^

And cheers Kerry, you are right, it's a shame I didn't get to meet you, your car looked fantastic though ;)

next time nath... and cheers, it was filthy as hell though

Baller.

What steering wheel is that? Looks nais

To sort of update this, I'm not happy with how the paint turned out on these, shouldn't have cut corners and spent the money the first time...I am a perfectionist after all. Ripping them apart again in a couple weeks, will do new bolts then get the centers acid dipped and powdercoated. More to come.

i wouldn't powder coat them , the coating doesn't sink into the small spaces very well you would be better off to dip them and get a pro painter to spray them and then they will look tits