Lucan

What'd you do to your BMW today?

Un-stitched the leather on my spare tech 1 wheel.

DIY upholstery time!

Solved brake light warning...finally!!!

Passenger side brake light - removed lens from car frame, realised bulb was blown, in the process of twisting out bulb holder, broke the holder on two bulb holders - so zoomed down to local bmw parts shop, got new holders, installed and tested - works now :rolleyes:

Driver side brake light - in the process of testing passenger side, realised driver side light was not working either, opened lens from car frame, realised water inside lens, drained out, took bulb out of holder - bulb ok, holder with pins rusted :angry: !!! - replaced pins from other side damaged holder after searching in the rubbish bin :D . used clear sealant (which i borrowed from dads garage :P )to seal rubber on lens which had come off so leaked water in. installed bulb/holder back. tested and all working fine. NO MORE BRAKE WARNING LIGHTS IN DASH... :D yippeee!!!!

Edited by sexy beast

Stripped interior and started on cage

Need to start working out as the hole saw gave me a beat down

Stripped interior and started on cage

Need to start working out as the hole saw gave me a beat down

At WINTEC? Hows that going?

Sure is. It's going really well. The course doesn't really deal with 'motorsport' as much as we'd all hoped and we seem to be running out of time coming up to the end. Can't really complain. The course has been well worth the money.

How long did it take you to finish yours off?

Bought set of Michelin pp2's for the 540. saved $700 on them so stoked with that :) got a wheel alignment as well now it drives even better than before.

Sure is. It's going really well. The course doesn't really deal with 'motorsport' as much as we'd all hoped and we seem to be running out of time coming up to the end. Can't really complain. The course has been well worth the money.

How long did it take you to finish yours off?

Yeah, it's not quite as involved with Motorsport as they advertise, it's more of a generic all-bases-covered mechanics/panelbeating course.

Mine took several weeks from memory, but I got the hurry-up from Grant near the end. Managed to get it all done though, it's not too much work. Are you re-building the engine as well? I didn't as I couldnt afford to.

Don't know anyone who wants a cheap project race-car do you? It's almost finished for the E30 series, and would be perfect for someone on the course to finish off.

Took it to Glenn's and had the Lower Ball Joints replaced and then went and got a WOF.

Cheers Glenn!

Put some predator aurion angel eyes in the E46..

Still waiting on the style 5's

^ Ooo a 1UZFE into what car sir?

I haven't been doing much lately, it's been too cold to work on the V8.

Plenty to do this Saturday & Sunday though.

Today I tryed dyeing my interior using Dylon fabric dye from spotless - read about it on here I think awhile ago. On the pack it says it is not for use on polyester / synthetic fabrics which I think the E32 interior is, but I bought it anyway and thought I would give it ago since other people online have had success (prob using different dye).

There was another brand there specifically for synthetic materials but they had no black - I have no desire to dye the interior of my car rain Forrest green.

I started with the boot but the dye does not seem to be sticking to the fibers and is not very dark, seems to have made the boot carpet more blue / purple than anything - I suspect it wont last long and will prob wash out so I am going to re do it with VHT. Waste of $20 and an afternoon :P

Ill grab some pics tomorrow when its dryed a bit more.

Just dye'd the e30 carpet with the VHT carpet spray paint from repco.. Used two cans works pretty well 25% off this weekend too

Edited by APT

painted wipers black, took wiper motor apart cleaned and re-greased. No more sticking half way every time :)

the old grease was like tar haha.

drove the e30 for the first time in months. found a sebring dtm style rear muffler to put on it as well.

replaced front brake rotors

did a skid to check if they would hold the car

had a bourbon