Lucan

What'd you do to your BMW today?

Started getting a PC together to intergate into the e46 Nav Stereo System primary for sounds , but will add Freeview tuner / bluetooth / 3g internet and maybe alternative Nav sat and front & reverse cameras

Will use usb to ibus controller so hope to use steering wheel and tv screen buttons for PC key board / mouse emulation.

Also need to sort out speaker replacements / amps installs / and intergation with factory tuner / Nav & CD stacker and studio quality sound card off PC.

If anyone is interested I'll start a project thread.

post-797-1314178308.jpg

If anyone is interested I'll start a project thread.

As if you need to ask!

I have a couple of MacPros in the lounge i could put to good use doing something like this

i drove around getting prices for a roll cage today...

fitted $280 battery. my god.

dropped the shizzle wagon to the bodyshop.

i drove around getting prices for a roll cage today...

did you try charlie evans

Helped my little brother lower his e30. Gutted as cause it's more slammed than mine

did you try charlie evans

your the third person to say that but i havnt got his phone number.. ill track it down and ask him, heard he does a good job of it.

your the third person to say that but i havnt got his phone number.. ill track it down and ask him, heard he does a good job of it.

Cleaned the e30 today and prepped it for its trip to the fabricators. Few new goodies for this week :)

E36 control arms from Ray and offset bushes from Kerry for the E30.

I've given C0SM0S back it's birthrite and put genuine BMW bonnet and boot badges on. Gone are the aftermarket //M ones.

540i was acting a bit weird .. start off by blaming the wife for not locking the car this morning ... then a very sluggish start, next thing transmission goes into limp mode. (trans failsafe prog)

New battery, cleared all the fault codes and its back to normal.

Did some detailed invetigation into why the battery causes limp mode and its pretty simple.

The EGS (gearbox microcontroller) is obviously the gearboxes brain. Most modules BUS will start to fail after voltage drops below 11.5 volts however will work fine with low current but sustained 12+ volts. When it doesnt have enough current left in the battery the EGS can not send enough current to control the gearbox soliniods, this also causes it to loose communication with the DME, error detected in the DME and EGS of lost communication signal. When this happens the EGS fall back is 'limp mode' (trans failsafe prog on the MID.) which is mechanical only state.

Thanks Ray for the heads up on Gavins battery pricing! :)

thats why i got 6 NZ ones haha, to counter all the tongan ones. plus with the tourists coming into Mt Eden, need to show some love

Finished fitting my leather interior, I hate putting in E30 front seats. Never again.

Hard to line up all the holes in exactly the right spot, especially when your doing it by yourself. I think the rails might be slightly uneven.

Make sure the seats are all the way forward on BOTH rails before you start, and only locate the bolts until all 4 are in.