Sign in to follow this  
_ethrty-Andy_

FS: Custom German/Europlates ORDERS NOW CLOSED - Last Order Before Chr

on thier way to gods-own.

approximately a week from today to get to you. usually take around 4-5 days to get to me, and then i pack them the night i get and send on overnight courier to you guys. So wednesday next week with change

approximately a week from today to get to you. usually take around 4-5 days to get to me, and then i pack them the night i get and send on overnight courier to you guys. So wednesday next week with change

Awesome! can't wait

right time for an update, not sure why it took longer to get to NZ this time than previous, but in any case, the FedEx site says they are out for deliery to me today so hopefully it turns up before 4pm or they will miss me.

if i get them today, they will be sent tomorrow and you will get them thursday unless you are one of the wellington addresses, in which case it will be tomorrow, or you could pickup tonight. If i dont get them till tomorrow they will be shipped on thursday arrive friday etc.

Andy

Yep plates arrived before i left and will be sent out tomorrow if i have your address, will repack them tonight. please check the original post and it will show if i have it.

Andy

Damn. Looks like I missed another shipment... I should pay more attention. I haven't scoured the 19 pages of this thread so I apologise if this is covered elsewhere but, if I buy standard black lettering on white background from you, Andy, is it NZ legal or for show cars only?

Cheers in advance.

Damn. Looks like I missed another shipment... I should pay more attention. I haven't scoured the 19 pages of this thread so I apologise if this is covered elsewhere but, if I buy standard black lettering on white background from you, Andy, is it NZ legal or for show cars only?

Cheers in advance.

*Show car only*

please use the search button in the main forum you will find lots of thread discussing the topic.

*Show car only*

please use the search button in the main forum you will find lots of thread discussing the topic.

I don't find the search button very helpful. It often doesn't list topics I search that I know are there, even when I use the exact topic title!

Anyway, hijack over, thanks for the info.

I don't find the search button very helpful. It often doesn't list topics I search that I know are there, even when I use the exact topic title!

Anyway, hijack over, thanks for the info.

PMd!

Also, heres the latest bimmersport batch. also have the frames for those of you worried you can't see yours in the picture!

Posted Image

Edited by _Ethrty-Andy_

Received mine this morning. Look awesome, cheers for organising everything Andy. Much appreciated

Thanks heaps Andy, already on the car and looking good. Question for you, would I get away with the plates if I took the stickers off, and just had the white background?

Thanks heaps Andy, already on the car and looking good. Question for you, would I get away with the plates if I took the stickers off, and just had the white background?

i wouldnt take the stickers off as it leaves adhesive behind which may be hard to remove. I know this because in the past some of the plates have peeled in transit to NZ in the past so ive had to pull the sticker off and reapply before sending out. I have spares here if you want to try and mess it up you can reapply the ferns if you want, seeing as you are local you can collect?

Thanks Andy. Top man! :)

Received mine this morning. Look awesome, cheers for organising everything Andy. Much appreciated

Thanks Andy, arrived today.

Cheers guys, appreciate the compliments :)

It's not about the stickers. It's the fact that the font is different and that the only plates legal in NZ are those issued by Licensys.

Andy, do you know why the plates aren't "Black" Almost a dark navy blue..

It's not about the stickers. It's the fact that the font is different and that the only plates legal in NZ are those issued by Licensys.

Andy, do you know why the plates aren't "Black" Almost a dark navy blue..

Yup your right.

and nope, i did not notice this, but i am colourblind. Shoot me a PM if you want and ill sort it out if your worried about it.

cheers andy, got them tonight and have just fitted them. its dark out so the photos i took wernt that great, but they look good so far. and the plate frames they have are fancy haha

Does anyone know how to remove the rear plate insert for a E39 Touring. There are 2 black solid D shaped clips that seem to hold it on (under the plate), is there any easy way of removing them or do you have to rip them off (preferably not)

post-4188-1344139665.jpg

Haven't seen these type of boot lids on E39s, usually the Jap e39s have that sort of boot but it's not an insert, it's all metal.

No its definately a plastic insert, I took some of the rear boot trim off and can see sort of studs that hold the clips in on the underneath, but dont want to take all the trim off, and other wise hard to get at.

http://realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=...hg=41&fg=60

Doesn't look like much holds it on...

Thats really cool! Part 28 is what I am talking about - see the 2 largish holes in the middle of the cover, they have these black clips that have a hole in the middle that exposes a screw thread, but I think the clips have a tube that goes thru to the other side of the bootlid and are held on by a plastic cap like a screw head, but i dont know if you have to cut that off, or if they should just pull out (I have put a bit of elbow grease into it to no avail other than managing to spin the clip round) was wondering if any other jap import touring owners have encountered this when putting on their Euro plates.