Sign in to follow this  
_ethrty-Andy_

FS: Custom German/Europlates ORDERS NOW CLOSED - Last Order Before Chr

hi just noticed these are they legal on NZ roads? thanks

No, they are not. $100+ fine & 25 demerits.

They also confiscate and destroy the plates. -_-

Please do not have this conversation for the hundredth time on this thread. Start your own if you must debate this beaten to death topic

This thread sells wallart and photoshoot plates only..

Edited by _Ethrty-Andy_

Please do not have this conversation for the hundredth time on this thread. Start your own if you must debate this beaten to death topic

This thread sells wallart and photoshoot plates only..

cool thanks,it's the first time i have seen them and was unsure.cheers

Historically they have arrive 7 days after being picked up in Germany, so should get these tomorrow or monday, they were scanned in at Heathrow more than 24 hours ago, and usually they come direct from there to Auckland and down to me in Wellington in the same day.

Hopefully you JAFA's stop having a tiff about a bit of wind and the plane can get down here.

another excellent batch :)

Posted Image

will have these packed and will be sent on Monday, most of you will get on Tuesday, those of you in Wellington should get Monday arvo

It is a sticker, but its bullet proof, i scrub my plates when I'm washing the car which is almost every week, and both Chris @ germanplates and I can provide spare stickers should you ever need them in the future.

One of the ones on CNM are coming off :(

Whoop whoop!

HAHA YEEEAH !! i see mine :P !!!

Legend Andy! Received mine today. Very impressed with them. Cheers.

Cool :)

One of the ones on CNM are coming off :(

I cant remember, do you have black ones or blue ones? im out of black stickers as it turns out, im sure i had more, but these ones are more of a slightly blue tinge to them so not acceptable to me. have plenty of blue ones though

Just had mine taken off me today.

The argument with the cop was a laugh. Apparently hundreds of gas thieves buy their plates from Germanplates.com so they can steal petrol. Yeah Right.

Therefore anyone with these plates is a criminal who steals gas. Rather than someone trying to avoid the monopolistic prices that plates.co.nz charges.

There will be fines and demerits from now on. They are doing another crack down.

So now I am stuck with no plates. I tried to get new ones this morning. But can't as I have nothing to surrender as the cop took mine. I don't have the original ones. Never have.

Looks like it is time to be ripped off by plates.co.nz

Must be an Auckland thing....

I've had a parking ticket for mine. but they were D ones, not Fake NZ..

Dad got stopped at a checkpoint, failed the "first" test because he'd had two stubbies at his end of year thing... then when he was asked for ID had none lol. (as it was in his car, he was using mine)

cops checked plates & trailer rego's and didn't even notice the blatant fake NZ Euros, then sent him on his merry way home..... Maybe Police in Auckland are bored?

Just had mine taken off me today.

The argument with the cop was a laugh. Apparently hundreds of gas thieves buy their plates from Germanplates.com so they can steal petrol. Yeah Right.

Therefore anyone with these plates is a criminal who steals gas. Rather than someone trying to avoid the monopolistic prices that plates.co.nz charges.

There will be fines and demerits from now on. They are doing another crack down.

So now I am stuck with no plates. I tried to get new ones this morning. But can't as I have nothing to surrender as the cop took mine. I don't have the original ones. Never have.

Looks like it is time to be ripped off by plates.co.nz

That sucks mate, they tried to take mine but I told him to f**k off he has no right to take my personal property, also argued that I would have no plate, he then threatened to arrest me so I apologized for swearing at him... did not give him my plates though, they are on may garage wall and my car now has real number plates.

I know a few cops in Auckland spot them, the guy that is in charge of the "investigation" or legislation enforcement is normally patrolling between Mercer and Meremere.

And yes they do issue demerits, 20 or 25, I manged to get two fines and demerits in two days with mine :(

Edited by apex

I will be demanding the plates back as I figure they are personal property too. I think they have to have a suspicion of misuse for them to be removed.

Does anybody have any links or info on this situation. And what the cop is actually allowed to remove from your vehicle?

As far as I can see the Police are now unwittingly helping a private organisation continue with its monopolistic business model. You know. We are the only ones allowed so lets charge what the F we like.

This is what Plates said about my query into why their plates are so expensive to have remade.

These prices include life time entitlement, manufacture, GST, delivery and all associated change of registration costs.

Sorry guys. I already have life time entitlement for my plate. And manufacture costs no more than $12 per plate.

Sounds dodgy :blink:

You can report them as stolen, and have new normal NZ plates issued, but they'll be a new number. Doesn't cost much.

I think he owns "driftit" or something like that on a plate.

Is this topic still being debated? Over a year ago I had to take mine off after a cop threatened me with a fine and demerits, I was pulled over specifically because of the plates on my old E36 and given the stolen gas story....this is nothing new guys.

Under the thread title it should read "illegal...duh"

The plates are not manufactured and issued by a governing body. So there is no control. It doesn't matter if your "just getting a pretty plate" with the same letters/numbers...How would a cop know without pulling you over ie wasting their time, if your plates match your rego or are completely fake?

Maybe we should write the German plates asking they change their font and background so their plates are better replicas instead of wasting time arguing with police and PPlates?

How much are PPlates saying a replacement plate will cost Dan?

I thought it was only $20ish if you already owned the plate?

How much are PPlates saying a replacement plate will cost Dan?

I thought it was only $20ish if you already owned the plate?

Hi Dan,

Thank you for your enquiry.

Branded Marque Euro plates with manufacturers logo's are $999.

Message/Silver Fern Euro/Fashion Colour plates are $939. The classic plates are $869.

Select plates are $599. (Any three consecutive letters preceded or followed by 1, 2 or 3 numbers)

Govt issue upgrades are $499 with logo's or $399 generic with Silver Fern.

To upgrade Classic plates to themed/fashion/Euro/Colour plates would be $299.

Existing message plates can be changed for $199 or downgraded to classic for $81

Existing classic plates can be re-manufactured by calling 0800 REMAKE (736253) for $21.20

These prices include life time entitlement, manufacture, GST, delivery and all associated change of registration costs.

regards

Kind regards

Grant Giller

If they were not such a ripoff I would be happy to purchase legit ones.

The plates that were taken were just Gov issued ones. FWY152.

I will be putting on my retired DRFT IT ones. Will get them remade into Euro length next year for the $300.

Oh and after work I am going to get a police report so I can get plates on my car. If you tell NZTA/LTNZ/Post Office they were stolen you also need a police report.

Edited by driftit

If they were not such a ripoff I would be happy to purchase legit ones.

The plates that were taken were just Gov issued ones. FWY152.

I will be putting on my retired DRFT IT ones. Will get them remade into Euro length next year for the $300.

Oh and after work I am going to get a police report so I can get plates on my car. If you tell NZTA/LTNZ/Post Office they were stolen you also need a police report.

looks worse/funny when you are towing the race car with beemn on it, and the tow car has beemn too!

Yeah I shouldn't have that problem. I think the little E30 would struggle a bit with the E34. Haha

BTW took it for a hoon last night. Love it.

I'll let this congo slide seeing as its in between orders anyways.

Sorry guys. I already have life time entitlement for my plate. And manufacture costs no more than $12 per plate.

I totally agree with you on that. You guys get your plates for $60 right, they are still custom made, and flown from Germany via 5 other countries to get here, they arent comeing from Lysincs (however you spell thier name) factory here in NZ. But its not them making the money. You can get your existing plate made for approx $30 through them, but if you want to change the style and/or combination thats when plates.co.nz take their humoungous slice of the pie for nothing more than marketing. they do not make the plates themselves.

Maybe we should write the German plates asking they change their font and background so their plates are better replicas instead of wasting time arguing with police and PPlates?

I have already got the ball rolling on this... watch this space in the new year.

I'll let this congo slide seeing as its in between orders anyways.

I totally agree with you on that. You guys get your plates for $60 right, they are still custom made, and flown from Germany via 5 other countries to get here, they arent comeing from Lysincs (however you spell thier name) factory here in NZ. But its not them making the money. You can get your existing plate made for approx $30 through them, but if you want to change the style and/or combination thats when plates.co.nz take their humoungous slice of the pie for nothing more than marketing. they do not make the plates themselves.

I have already got the ball rolling on this... watch this space in the new year.

They used to supply the plates in the NZ format. But were slapped with legal warnings from plates.co.nz.

Which I think they can ignore as the plate formats are NOT owned by plates.

I only just got my plates onto my car this morning. The officer I was dealing with at the North Shore police station thought it was a joke that I could have my plates taken off me when they are of the quality they were. He did not think very highly of the road police department. So in the end was a great help. VTNZ in the end with the help from the Police allowed me to change straight to my unused Personalised plates. So no cost.

But now that my BMW has been picked on I think it best to get the real deal Euro plates or stick to the stock ones.

Edited by driftit