Sign in to follow this  
Apex

Government buy 34 choice BMW’s.

Actually had one follow behind me on Sunday, I am pretty sure it was John Key ... kept trying to slow down to get a better glimps, but everytime I did the 7 series would slow down (I was in the lane next to it and it would always keep just behind me and never next to me). I must have looked too dodgy :D

Obviously not heading for a rugby test.

Haha nice one.

To be fair though, neither the Commodore nor the Falcon are made in limo spec anymore.

Or a diesel, you see, that’s how they justified it over the trusted Australians.

It’s a shame they can’t use a Holden Caprice (HSV Grange :wub: ) running on locally sourced LPG, that way they will be supporting NZ and the Australians who spend a lot of money in NZ every year.

Posted Image

What would that say about NZ? Party hard!

It’s a shame they can’t use a Holden Caprice (HSV Grange :wub: ) running on locally sourced LPG, that way they will be supporting NZ and the Australians who spend a lot of money in NZ every year.

My thoughts exactly... If they had gone for the Grange I know of at least one NZ factory that would have picked up quite a bit of extra work.. ;) would give the VIPs a few memories if the right drivers were chosen as well (does Murph still need a day-time job??) :D

nah not murph... fanga...

Can't quite see fanga Dan in a suit and taking the corporate coin though, Mad Mike on the other hand.... :lol: ??

Let's see how many politicians and big wigs want to visit NZ then!!

You sir, have a valid arguement, I don't know how to rebutt.

Perhaps I should have worded it slightly different to help prevent the using shitslinging that occurs in any politcal threads.

Many countries already view NZ as the Henery Hawk to Foghorn Leghorn and I would be embarrassed to see our leaders driving around is some pathetic little Toyota.

This world has become far too PC but we already knew that.

New Zealand politics is actually very much respected world wide. I also don't think what cars our MP's get driven around in makes f*** all difference to how other countries view us.

Edited by mark247

Aaaannnd, the ministry of internal affairs decided to roll the deal over at the 3 year mark. Not the National party.

See, the govt isn't the one in control of the cuntry.

That I will offer an opinion on, and that opinion is that I couldn't agree more!

+1 he's such a twat

Love your work Graham

I don't work my ass off for some slutty mums and whoever else to sit at home and get my tax monies.

Honestly that is my biggest peev in this world, dole/winz bludgers.

just watching the news atm. they say the govt got the cars for around 1/2 price. 100k each and that they can be sold very close to this price with only 90k kms on em. if so i dont see the problem of getting the new cars. they can circulate the sale funds from selling the old one to the new one.

I don't work my ass off for some slutty mums and whoever else to sit at home and get my tax monies.

Honestly that is my biggest peev in this world, dole/winz bludgers.

NZ was once proud that it could offer a certain standard of living to all that lived here (post WW1).

The bashing of dole bluggers and the like, kicked in with the 80's Labour government. As an election promise they said a vote for labour was a vote for job security. Once in office they sold SA (rogernomics), which created huge unemployment but kept wages low i.e. if you dont want to work for fark all - there's someone (unemployed) who will take your place - prob for cheaper.

They also halved the (80's otago uni study) recommended benefit amount that would ensure those who were unemployed could sustain a minimum quality of life e.g. health, housing etc.

They then used the 'dole blugger' tag to drum up support and give the nation a focus of blame for increased taxes etc. Successive governments have used this tool when needed, along with immigration, race card/privilege etc etc to gain support.

Basically it's a political tool to get voters on side. The unemployed being the worst off from this situation.

end rant.

OT - no ones asked why they need 34 (+ drivers)!!!! Weren't they running up huge taxi fares just a year or so ago? So who had the beemer then?

Shouldnt the luxury vehicles be reserved for the PM and a select few ministers?

Edited by BLACK DORIS

Go do a burnout in front of the beehive Rio. And then tell them they should all be driving e30s...

Go do a burnout in front of the beehive Rio. And then tell them they should all be driving e30s...

Don't tempt me! The PM has already owned one back in the day.... (comes in around 1.37min)

http://www.nzonscreen.com/title/close-up-b...s-john-key-1987

Edited by BLACK DORIS

I wonder if they all have the bulletproof glass option ??. I would have thought the one key drives around in would.

I wonder if they all have the bulletproof glass option ??. I would have thought the one key drives around in would.

No it doesn't have bulletproof glass, they're all the same spec.

No it doesn't have bulletproof glass, they're all the same spec.

I reckon national's feeling pretty bulletproof...

Just heard this from a mate, made me laugh.

"Well, ya know, Hone is just a Post Tortoise."

"What's a Post Tortoise?"

"When you're driving and you come across a fence post with a Tortoise balanced on top, that's a post Tortoise. You know he didn't get up there by himself, he doesn't belong up there, he doesn't know what to do while he's up there, he sure as hell isn't goin' anywhere, and you just wonder what kind of dumb bleep put him there in the first place."

Haha nice one.

Or a diesel, you see, that’s how they justified it over the trusted Australians.

i reckon the public would be even more incensed with 100 000 dollar holdens than so called 200 000 BMWs.i wish people would just live there own lives.....all the media hype about celebrities and "human interest stories" make me vomit.

if people took half as much interest in their immediate circle of influence/interest we would all be much better off.

Edited by kiwi535

if people took half as much interest in their immediate circle of influence/interest we would all be much better off.

Mate, exactly what I have been saying for years.

I don't recall there were this much fuzz when Labour sign the initial deal 3 years ago. Could it be a stink bomb thrown out by Labour do you think?

i reckon the public would be even more incensed with 100 000 dollar holdens than so called 200 000 BMWs.i wish people would just live there own lives.....all the media hype about celebrities and "human interest stories" make me vomit.

Interesting comment on several levels. "hype about celebrities, human interest stories" ... you can practically bank on the PM being there for a photo op. He must be a PR company dream. I'd like to see him sit down with kim hill or the like and see how he gets on.

I agree with the last comment but it's a bit of a paradox isn't it, considering this is a forum and this is the general discussion section...

OT - still think 34 is excessive. How about 10? 5?

How cool would it be to have our government cruising around in HSV clubsports though!

To be fair though, neither the Commodore nor the Falcon are made in limo spec anymore.

Coupe of problems if they decided on Clubsports, they seem to have a few rules that go with HSV ownership.

1 - No world leaders would take John Key seriously while sporting his mandatory mullet and goatee, and epic beer gut.

2 - We would need to replace them with the latest model every 3 mths to keep up with the Jones's

3 - The worlds supply of plastic mesh, ugly random cutouts, fake scoops, plasticky interiors and tacky gauges is in short supply. By purchasing 34 cars worth of them, We wouldnt be considered a responsible country to waste these valuable resources....

4 - Every member of parliament would need to be issued with a mandatory HSV jacket and cap, with optional disturbing HSV tattoo.