Sign in to follow this  
JaseNZ

$34 million what would you do

So powerball is up to $34 million, We can all dream well you's can dream I have the winning ticket :P

Buy an absolute shed load of cars, and then build another, bigger shed. After a couple of months I would probably own the most expensive (ie car with most money spent on it) couple of E30s in the country :rolleyes: !

Ring Charlie Sheen and see what he's up to.

Become debt free, take an extended break from work, travel the world with my wife, sort out a long list of (over-due) DIYs in the house (sure I can afford to hire people, but DIY is part of the fun), then think about what to do with the rest.

Buy a plastic Waka .

Buy an Island off the coast of Phuket and set it up as a supervillain hide out, I would then build a laser that harnesses the power of the sun and hold the world ransom for a heaps of sweet as cars.

Then, I would hire Michal Jacksons or Heath Ledgers chemist and go on a massive upper and downer binge touring the world in my sweet cars picking up hot women..

May only last a year or so before I croke put it will be fun.

Ring Charlie Sheen and see what he's up to.

Or this.

debt free whole family, buy a nice family house, then buy me a house(s), apartments in different countries, a mil or 2 to charity, buy a couple of cars i always wanted, buy a full set of workshop tools and a big garage :), buy a couple of rental properties, travel around the world, invest in a couple of businesses or even start my own set aside the rest and live off from interest from bank and other investments :)

Absolute very first thing I would do upon collecting money would be to walk on into the Porsche dealership and request to test drive a GT2/3 dressed as myself - A 23yo jeans and tshirt wearing fellow.

If they take me seriously, I'll fill out some papers and order one on the spot to my specs. If not, I'll produce my current account balance on a laptop I conveniently have with me. Laugh at the astonished look on his face and walk.

That would be the very first thing I would do. Maybe Lamborghini too, just for giggles.

Honestly I'd probably talk to a financial adviser and leave my mother with around 5 mil she can hide away from me so I'm still ok once I squander the rest away. Mum's responsible, I am definitely not.

thats basically what my friend Dayne does when he walks into the dealership.

apparently the salesman are not allowed to drive the 911 turbos and have to seek approval from the manager and get a paper signed that they are testing it for the customer where as he, a 20 year old drives one as his daily to and from uni.

But yes, I would most likely go and buy a porsche and rent out the racetrack and ask all my buddies to come for a hoon for a day.

Pay all parents debts. Buy a house. And a bag of oranges.

Also would own my own branch of country fried chicken.

We all can but dream. Last week a radio station were talking about this and they wanted it to be a sure thing. So they had an idea that about 5 mill spent on tickets would cover it, 28 mill then. But upon checking further they found out to cover all the possibilties it was going to cost 45 mill or their about. How true this is I don't know but the odds on having the right compo are very long but it must go this weekend. Will be interesting to see what level it reaches before their is a winnner /s. Good luck one and all.

We all can but dream. Last week a radio station were talking about this and they wanted it to be a sure thing. So they had an idea that about 5 mill spent on tickets would cover it, 28 mill then. But upon checking further they found out to cover all the possibilties it was going to cost 45 mill or their about. How true this is I don't know but the odds on having the right compo are very long but it must go this weekend. Will be interesting to see what level it reaches before their is a winnner /s. Good luck one and all.

38,383,800 x $1.20 = $46,060,560

I'm with Pjay. Although I went to Independent Prestige today and asked about the Continental Supersports and the guy was really nice and gave me a brochure .. not sure about a test drive?

Easy. Buy a good sized semi rural property locally, sort out immediate family and help some close friends, Immediately buy an E39 and an E60 M5. IMO the two hottest cars BMW has produced. Then i'd treat my E34 to a complete overhaul with as many new parts as i can find. A blown 4.4 on the cards.

With this done i'd talk to a financial advisor regarding the remaining 28 Million hahah.

As for my time Travel, cars and some charitable work. I'd spend a good amount of time in Italy and france too.

Take the E30 to the Nurburgring, run a marathon on every continent, then buy a F40 and piss the rest away on gas

Start a small regional airline, and also most importantly. Finally get my damn car into the Race Series!!!!!

F40 and piss the rest away on gas

This, saw a frickin sweet one the other day number plate "F4T" jealouusss

Would travel everywhere, live off the interest. Sweet house, bigger garage full to the brim.

Buy each parent a nice place, pay off all their debts. Pay off both sister's debts, buy them a house each as well. Help close friends.

Due a huge trans continental European trip in a Aston Martin DBS.

Live at Hampton Downs, become skilled, then go into whatever racing series I would qualify for.

Then I'd do the usual charity work thing, but I'd want to see the benefits of my work myself. Ideally I'd like to do some micro finance in an impoverished nation.

To be honest $34m is beyond my comprehension, I can't even think of how I'd feel.

Buy a complex just out of town, build a racetrack on it.

Buy a nice house by the river with a garage that allowed my classic/ new car collection to come up and sit in my garage, massive home theater (the usual rich people things and charity, parents etc)

Give a heaps to the spca

I'd buy Cooke Howlison BMW Dunedin firstly, pay some parking tickets, sell my business and re-f**king-lax!

• 1 million on a house here in Dunedin (trust me in this town that's a mansion!)
  • Several million on cars, new BMW's for myself & wife, would love a Audi Q7 V12 diesel as a offroad vehicle
  • A massive shed on my property to house them
  • Pay off families debt
  • Pay a parking ticket I got yesterday
  • Pay that parking ticket at the very last moment after the final demand letter
  • Pay the ticket in 10 cent pieces in person wearing a RAMBO costume
  • Fill the house up with top notch technology
  • relax - get up every day at 10am
Edited by The Diesel Guy

relax - get up every day at 10am

Bugger that, I wouldnt be able to sleep. I would be up at 4am every morning out doing stuff.

I'd stick in a bank and then piss them off by withdrawing it in $100 notes and deposit in another bank.

rinse and repeat.