Sign in to follow this  
BM WORLD

E36 M3 nz new 93 133k's 2 owners

got this m3 the other week

needs a really good tidy up .

not sure where to go with it yet

keep it and sell my 328i coupe with the super charger .

or sell the m3

if i keep it i think i would like to change the colour to black

i would bolt on as many black panels as i have and get the rest painted , not worrying about the engine bay though.

some of the panels i have in stock may have scratches etc from being in storage so might end up painting the whole car

otherwise if i decide to sell it on i will just tidy up some of the panels and paint in the same colour etc

had a quote of about 4k to tidy it up in the same colour or about 5k to paint it black etc.

what do you guys think.

just about every panel has paint issues , clear coat going , small dents , stratches , break in marks etc .

also the wheels need a refurb and one of the wide ones has a dent in it

or swap them for something else as not that keen on the style

needs new carpet and other interior stuff sorted

ac not working

heater vent issues

plastic trims everywhere need changing etc

mech seams ok , except for the clutch , lines swelling etc , or master or slave cylinders stuffed etc.

have already sorted some of the little electical isssues , changed the lights back to normal ones etc

post-279-1368522127.jpg

post-279-1368522176.jpg

post-279-1368522247.jpg

post-279-1368522268.jpg

post-279-1368522283.jpg

post-279-1368522298.jpg

post-279-1368522309.jpg

post-279-1368522323.jpg

post-279-1368522346.jpg

post-279-1368522364.jpg

post-279-1368522378.jpg

post-279-1368522403.jpg

post-279-1368522418.jpg

post-279-1368522438.jpg

Edited by Brent HARTGE535i

Holy crap that's rough! You'd think someone would look after all cars, but especially an M3.

Can you send me the front and rear lights, so I can burn them please.

I like Daytona Violet, but looks like there's no point in saving any of the existing paint - may as well do what you want!

Edited by Allanw

Sell it to me as is so I can can have a m3 coupe and a m3 touring :D

Good luck :mellow:

Looks likes someone's daily 318i... no love and less style... aftermarket lights, really?

Paint it BLACK.

Holy crap that's rough! You'd think someone would look after all cars, but especially an M3.

Can you send me the front and rear lights, so I can burn them please.

I like Daytona Violet, but looks like there's no point in saving any of the existing paint - may as well do what you want!

yes its amazing what some people do to nice cars . 1st owner had it from new in 1994 till about 2008 then a dealer then the guy i got it from (customer of mine)

was just parked outside across the road from his townhouse (which had a garage full of stuff) right next to a kids play ground and park.

will put the lights on tard me , so they can live on in a more suitable candidate like a 318is or 320i etc driving around manukau etc :)

:( Just how does an M3 get to be in a state like that?!

Is it still economic to repair? I imagine a low mileage motor and drivetrain would fetch a few bob. If you do keep it, burgle the charger off the 328 and sneak it under the hood of the M. Killer B)

:( Just how does an M3 get to be in a state like that?!

Is it still economic to repair? I imagine a low mileage motor and drivetrain would fetch a few bob. If you do keep it, burgle the charger off the 328 and sneak it under the hood of the M. Killer B)

yea thats the big question

i sort of always wanted one , but only in black and low k's etc

so what would you pay for something like that in the market place.

not sure if the supercharger would push enough air to be of much use

maybe crunchy will know??

take all of your 328 interior and put into the m3 (then sell me the front vaders for cheaps) haha because youll have to spend heaps to get the 328 to that standard of handling with the brakes and suspension and its a genuine m3 so it holds its value. And perhaps sell 328 to pay for paint etc and just go all out with the m3. just my 2cents

take all of your 328 interior and put into the m3 (then sell me the front vaders for cheaps) haha because youll have to spend heaps to get the 328 to that standard of handling with the brakes and suspension and its a genuine m3 so it holds its value. And perhaps sell 328 to pay for paint etc and just go all out with the m3. just my 2cents

haha

actually the seats in the m3 are quite tidy , less wear than the ones in my 328i coupe.

just the door cards need sorting , i just need to find a good drivers side card with good vinyl ,

have got the fabric inserts sorted , cleaned and ready to glue back on the backing card etc.

but yes i may sell the vaders from the 328i before i sell it , if that happens

yea thats the big question

i sort of always wanted one , but only in black and low k's etc

so what would you pay for something like that in the market place.

not sure if the supercharger would push enough air to be of much use

maybe crunchy will know??

Considering how toasted the paint & panel is and the interior looking more like the inside of my shed I'd say $6-8k. Given an incomplete respray will be about 5 grand, I'll stab in the dark and say at least a thou on interior retrimming, plus the cost of wheel refurb and restoring the lights and a new clutch assembly and whatever other nasty shocks lurk within. If it was leather maybe 7-9.5k?

Obviously your costs would be way lower on parts. I'd keep the supercharger and LMs from your coupe, sell the car as standard. Then sink all the dough into fixing up that bad boy. Cos an M3 ALWAYS outguns a boosted M52.

Hell, that supercharger kit alone would probably pay for the wheel refurb plus a fair bit of change. Balance that against a possible 10k for the complete drivetrain & DME package and you've got a hard decision to make. Personally I'd rebuild the M but it really has to stack up economically.....emotional attachments to cars are inevitably poor financial decisions.

Not many M3s around these days with that few miles on the clock. Not without spending 25k anyway. Plus it's not like they're building any more E36s. Mr Murch would definitely be the man to ask if the blower will be any good!

Have you talked to Bellicose about the paint?

I like the purple personally and I see a lot of value in keeping the original colour.

If the rest of the car has been treated so poorly then it begs the question what kind of neglect have the mechanicals gone through? Although I'm sure you can replace every part on this car 5x over, blindfolded for not a lot of money so less of an issue than it would be for a pleb like me

haha

actually the seats in the m3 are quite tidy , less wear than the ones in my 328i coupe.

just the door cards need sorting , i just need to find a good drivers side card with good vinyl ,

have got the fabric inserts sorted , cleaned and ready to glue back on the backing card etc.

but yes i may sell the vaders from the 328i before i sell it , if that happens

i have a drivers door mint except the vinyl above the pockers is not holding shape but you cant tell unless your picky i also have a few back panels if i can get the front seats for 500 ill take them but i really cant justify spending more than that just for seats

id swap it for an E39 :ph34r: lol, tbh someone obviously didn't give two shits about it, at least its now gone to a person that will

God damn that poor M3 has had a brutal life! Poor machine.

I can only imagine the sort of wankers that would treat a car like that & ruin it further by fitting those god awful lights.

Fix 'er up Brent - your the bloke to do it! Posted Image

Considering how toasted the paint & panel is and the interior looking more like the inside of my shed I'd say $6-8k. Given an incomplete respray will be about 5 grand, I'll stab in the dark and say at least a thou on interior retrimming, plus the cost of wheel refurb and restoring the lights and a new clutch assembly and whatever other nasty shocks lurk within. If it was leather maybe 7-9.5k?

Obviously your costs would be way lower on parts. I'd keep the supercharger and LMs from your coupe, sell the car as standard. Then sink all the dough into fixing up that bad boy. Cos an M3 ALWAYS outguns a boosted M52.

Hell, that supercharger kit alone would probably pay for the wheel refurb plus a fair bit of change. Balance that against a possible 10k for the complete drivetrain & DME package and you've got a hard decision to make. Personally I'd rebuild the M but it really has to stack up economically.....emotional attachments to cars are inevitably poor financial decisions.

Not many M3s around these days with that few miles on the clock. Not without spending 25k anyway. Plus it's not like they're building any more E36s. Mr Murch would definitely be the man to ask if the blower will be any good!

no i ment what would a tidy low km be worth , 93 nz new 2 owner (now 3) with 133k , in good nic and all sorted etc

Have you talked to Bellicose about the paint?

I like the purple personally and I see a lot of value in keeping the original colour.

If the rest of the car has been treated so poorly then it begs the question what kind of neglect have the mechanicals gone through? Although I'm sure you can replace every part on this car 5x over, blindfolded for not a lot of money so less of an issue than it would be for a pleb like me

mech seam to be ok , he has done oil changes , but i will go through the lot at some stage soon.

yea the purple is sort of ok , but just not my style.

have not talked to bellicose yet.

And just WTF is that gearknob??!!

thats total quality there , the remains of the inside of the gearknob with a plasric pump water bottle cap stuck on top so you dont cut your hand

i have a drivers door mint except the vinyl above the pockers is not holding shape but you cant tell unless your picky i also have a few back panels if i can get the front seats for 500 ill take them but i really cant justify spending more than that just for seats

ok , might be interested in that door card , what about a grey set of vaders , sweade and same pattern cloth etc ??

like this

sample pics

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Brent HARTGE535i

That could be a beautiful car with some love!

I'm not sure how well death threats go down here, but if it doesn't stay Daytonaviolet.... well. Black has got to be THE most uninspiring, unoriginal, and brainless colour available, have some style.

I am surprised that it has been treated so poorly yet with so few k's on the clock. Treat a car badly, sure- but in such a short mileage?

I guess proof again it's all about condition than the mileage.

I've seen some < 7 year old BMWs with less than 100,000kms with rather worn abused interiors - especially on the more budget models.

id rather have the black i only need the fronts the grey would look very out of place as i have black leather

Get crunchy to perform magic and have the worlds fastest m3

What about transplanting your 3.8 with a turbo ?

Fix it! I want to buy an M3 one day (probably an e36 due to cost) so the more in existence the better!

If you're looking for re-sale value your better off keeping it purple - people like me assume you're hiding crash repairs and rust under new paint...

I've been looking at e36 M3 prices for a little while. Cheapest I've seen one was a very high k at approx. $15k. Low k examples I haven't seen one under $20k.

no i ment what would a tidy low km be worth , 93 nz new 2 owner (now 3) with 133k , in good nic and all sorted etc

Lol, read that the wrong way :) I'd say 20-22k going by whats been sold lately.

thats total quality there , the remains of the inside of the gearknob with a plasric pump water bottle cap stuck on top so you dont cut your hand

The mind boggles :blink:

ok got another quote today for pianting about $2.5k- $3k to sort it out in purple

or about $3.5k to $4k in black.

also tried to sort the clutch today , changed the clutch hose for another , but its still comes up to quickly.

might try the clutch master cylinder tomorrow.

also had it on the hoist , looks ok underneth , just one oil leak coming down between the engine and gearbox .

looks like its coming from the back of the head area , hopefully just the rocker cover etc ,

so made your mind up yet brent? personally if it was me id keep it purple, but if i had to paint it id go white :o how plain is that

respray in original colour and then do black roof, bonnet, and boot.. just to be different...

or do some white racing stripes with 20" chromes...

okay these are all bad ideas... i personally really like the technoviolet.. otherwise go for a custom gunmetal grey maybe?