Sign in to follow this  
skidz

E34 M5

I'm sure Ray knows all about it...

Wonder why it'd go to the auction ... seems minor for the Insurance to write it off ...

Lol, they probably found out the replacement cost for the munted wheel and promptly emptied their bowels! :D

Wonder what it'll go for........

Unless the radiator is damaged ant it have over heated I cant see that costing much at all to fix. Seems weird they have not bothered?

My service crew have fixed worse damage than that in under two hours with duct tape and cable ties.

Wish I had some spending money.

Wonder why it'd go to the auction ... seems minor for the Insurance to write it off ...

see note saying damage to chassis rails

see note saying damage to chassis rails

even that shouldnt be too hard to fix. worst case senario, front cut off any E34 they are all the same and put that on. id say $2k max to fix not including the wheel, and thats paying someone to do it for you. so long as A pillars back are allright which it looks as though they are.

I need to win lotto, Dingus needs a heart transplant.

even that shouldnt be too hard to fix. worst case senario, front cut off any E34 they are all the same and put that on. id say $2k max to fix not including the wheel, and thats paying someone to do it for you. so long as A pillars back are allright which it looks as though they are.

True. Insurance company wrote my car off because of a bend stub axle and a rear quarter because new parts were so expensive and nothing was available second hand.

I'm guessing they proposed repairer put out a parts request for E34 M5 specific parts to fix it and nothing turned up second hand due to the rarity of the car, brand new genuine parts would have been exuberant so the wrote it off.

Anyone resourceful could fix this and have it re-complied for cheap enough, would be worth saving a car like this, its a shame its history has now been marked.

That'd make a hell of a project, but sadly as we all know any private bidders (unless completely loaded) will get decimated by wreckers (like Ray), like usual.

engine needs to go in an E30, something a little different to the more common S50 swap!

already been done, Gav's E30 S38B35 race car.

Edited by Silver Fox

already been done, Gav's E30 S38B35 race car.

oh yes, there are some round for sure! but a lot rarer compared to S50, thats what i was getting at :)

Anyone have any estimates on how much this is worth ? 10k?

I saw a white one just like this on trade me a couple of years ago, ex South Africa, the guy bought it in with him when he emigrated. About $18000 from memory. I hadn`t seen that `M`upholstery before and remember the car.

Im seen perfectly good M5's go from as little as 12k and a lot around the 15k mark. I wouldn't pay 10k for it myself but i think you'd need to see it in person access the damage better

They held up price wise for years which is why I don`t own one. I believe there are less than 20 in NZ, almost all 3.6 like this rather than the 3.8. Don`t know how many were sold NZ new.

I dont think that they are an expensive car just rare and not sold often. As much as i like them id rather turbo a 535is or do a 540i manual conversion with the change than buy one.

Fair enough, I wouldn`t buy this one, and I`d like to know what the guy was up to when he pranged it. But they were hand built, blew the market away when they arrived, and there aren`t many in NZ or Aus.

Price wise they`ve hit the deck, which is strange.

engine needs to go in an E30, something a little different to the more common S50 swap!

Engine needs to stay in the car and it be fixed up and back on the roads ;-)

I went to view today but got told not till the morning of the auction.

I'd enjoy a little project, but the reality is like KwS says, it will probably get wrecked as likely worth more in parts. Its pedigree has been tarnished somewhat now that its been written off by an insurance company.

Bloody hell...how many punters would have an e30 m3 and an e34 m5 ??

I was close - but sold the NZ new M5 to buy the M3 :P There were three NZ new E34 M5's and one tourist delivery. All were 3.6L. Mine (RM1762) was Macau Blue and is now in Auckland and is looked after by Ross Lamb and Gavin at BM Workshop. A great car and you have to drive one to really appreciate it as a true ///M car.