Sign in to follow this  
skidz

E34 M5

Bruce, you remember this car don't you? This is one of the few NZ new examples and was previously owned by Jock who was a Bimmersporter here before it headed down to Rotorua for awhile. It subsequently appeared at Trading Post on Stanley st. Auckland for sale for $13k 4-5 years ago.

It had done 200k+ at the time but was tidy.

It is nigh on identical to my friend Adas's old E34 M5 - same cloth / leather interior and in Alpine white.

I hope this car is saved. True, they are not worth much these days. However, they are rare and if brought back will still be a fun car for somebody out there.

To date there are still only two actual e30 cars with s50s in them. Ones a race car. There will be a few more soon however. (two more)

Bruce, you remember this car don't you? This is one of the few NZ new examples and was previously owned by Jock who was a Bimmersporter here before it headed down to Rotorua for awhile. It subsequently appeared at Trading Post on Stanley st. Auckland for sale for $13k 4-5 years ago.

It is nigh on identical to my friend Adas's old E34 M5 - same cloth / leather interior and in Alpine white.

I hope this car is saved. True, they are not worth much these days. However, they are rare and if brought back will still be a fun car for somebody out there.

I was wondering if this was Jocks old car. Thanks for answering that question for me.

To date there are still only two actual e30 cars with s50s in them. Ones a race car. There will be a few more soon however. (two more)

I want to do one to one day haha! :D

hopefully whoever gets it keeps it as a m5.

hopefully whoever gets it keeps it as a m5.

Agreed. Didn't Brent have one for sale recently? Dark green 3.6 with full leather... Anyone know how much it sold for?

So common, sick of seeing them everywhere, they are only second to Toyota Corolla's.

Your such a sheep Josh :P

I saw a white one just like this on trade me a couple of years ago, ex South Africa, the guy bought it in with him when he emigrated. About $18000 from memory. I hadn`t seen that `M`upholstery before and remember the car.

I bought that one! I paid $9.5k for it..... it has full leather though ie door cards, lower dash centre console etc not the part leather with cloth inserts.

I too would hope this one is saved, they're a great car, granted they aren't that quick by modern standards (my 330d would slaughter it...) and some parts are expensive but still a fun car to own.

Agreed. Didn't Brent have one for sale recently? Dark green 3.6 with full leather... Anyone know how much it sold for?

I was seriously considering buying that one of Brent. Really nice car to drive, just missing the low end torque due to the swirly flaps in the inlet manifold being out of commision.

I was seriously considering buying that one of Brent. Really nice car to drive, just missing the low end torque due to the swirly flaps in the inlet manifold being out of commision.

fixed that , just gave the lever a tap and it came free , improved its torque heaps.

its gone off to chch to be stripped out and used as a race car in the rennsport

fixed that , just gave the lever a tap and it came free , improved its torque heaps.

its gone off to chch to be stripped out and used as a race car in the rennsport

Sad...

I bought that one! I paid $9.5k for it..... it has full leather though ie door cards, lower dash centre console etc not the part leather with cloth inserts.

I remember driving in that car a fair bit when I was younger. Awesome car.

One and the same Sanjay - this car was the BMW NZ demonstrator. I drove it when Jock owned it and it went really well and was very tidy. I preferred this motorsport cloth interior to mine which was full grey leather. Definitely worth saving. Now the M3 is finished.................. :D

Did anyone here get it. Went for 8.1k

Did anyone here get it. Went for 8.1k

Not me. But I went this morning. Car started up fine. Fluids all looked okay, it got up to temp and stayed there.

Pretty straight car other than the damage. Great project, went to high for me though.

Not me either, went for more than i wanted to pay.

I went high 7s and could of gone more but much more than 8 you may as well buy a straight one

What was all that V8 or twin turbo talk Jared, I see whht you were doing there! haha.

Lets hope its fixed up and back on the road.

I went high 7s and could of gone more but much more than 8 you may as well buy a straight one

Yep - ^^^^^

Finding one is the problem.

Loads of E60

Even less E39

Even less E34

Even less E28

Been ages since I've been to Turners. They hold an auction, but pretty much talking into a big empty cold space with most of the bidding happening online.

Edited by Phil75

Ha funny. Just saw it on the back of a truck getting off the motorway at constellation drive. Looked pretty good in person.

What was all that V8 or twin turbo talk Jared, I see whht you were doing there! haha.

Lets hope its fixed up and back on the road.

It was more of a 'if i had 12k in the bank' situation rather than buying a M5 for less and having to fix it

If i had won i probably would have just fixed it up and sold it to someone who appreciates it as i couldn't justify having 2 e34's.

Maybe time I out'd myself as that bastard that bought this M5 to strip. I bought it for the engine/ box/ diff to go into either a E28 or E30 at some point in the future. S38's and M88's are bloody hard to get it appears!

Sorry but not a fan of E34's and this one is not a particarly nice one anyway with the previous owner appearing to neglect it a little around the edges since he purchased it.

All cosmetic stuff will be forsale soon so I assume the "repair brigade" will be the first one after the parts now anyway???

Is it viable to just remove the engine, box, and diff and then on sell the rest as an intact rolling chassis for someone to repair or restore?

Maybe someone could put a M62 into it, haha.

Is it viable to just remove the engine, box, and diff and then on sell the rest as an intact rolling chassis for someone to repair or restore?

Maybe someone could put a M62 into it, haha.

possibly but worth more in parts. i dont think the rails are damaged.