Sign in to follow this  
Palazzo

Isn't there someone always wanting one of these? Fiji green.......

My wife would love it! Needs an auto box for her, though. :(

Yea, I recall some-one very specifically looking for 1 in that colour a while back too - in that discussion I think it was muttered something bout there only being 4?? here in that colour or something.......??

Edit. Actually, as much as I personally don't like 3 series, don't like 4 cylinder cars much (especially 318s!!), & don't like the colour green, that's actually quite a nice car...........!!!

NZ new, ex Shelly BMW...........???

Edited by Blue-540i

Presumably it would be sacrilegious to ask about converting from manual to slush box...? :unsure:

There are plenty of auto 318i's clogging the passing lane already, just get one of them, even if they aren't in that eye watering colour.

Presumably it would be sacrilegious to ask about converting from manual to slush box...? :unsure:

Yes.......^^^^^^^ it would be. Like, I'm gonna take a slow car, & make it slower........... ;):) Might as well put the 316 motor in @ same time........

Probably be (slightly) less grief & brain-damage on showing 'her' how to use a manual.............. ;):D Tell her its the new years resolution she didn't know she had made or something..........

Or just take some brave pills, park it in the driveway & say "Drive it, or walk - your choice....." She'll come around, honest........... ;):):rolleyes:

^^ LOL

Mine at home won't drive a manual either. She'd walk.

• Like 1

Mine has had the M325i with black leather interior and no a/c while pregnant and with baby, then the 328i coupe with toddler and now a Mazda 3, all manual, she would rather drive than walk.

• Like 1

Mine would probably ditch me if I turned up with an Auto for her to drive. She is a little different though. Her car is currently more powerful than 95% of the people on this board. Including both of mine at the moment.

Edited by driftit

Something Japanese with a hair dryer on it is my guess. Most BMW's aren't very powerful but who buys them for the power anyway, I'll just jump on my bike when i want to boost off cars.

• Like 1

An S13 200sx. 260rwkw from a 1.8ltr. She has fun in it. Though is now thinking about selling it to get something else she can learn with at the track.

Showed her this E36. No smile. No words. Just walked away shaking her head.

• Like 1

Upon reading this thread a thought " It's a hard road to hoe to meet the perfect woman mate" from a speights add I believe chuckle, chuckle

Mrs M doesn't drive stick because she can't. Physically cannot. It's not a capability thing - she has a back injury. She knows how, but doing it could see her in hospital to get her back sorted.

Does this mean that some people shouldn't drive nice-coloured cars? :huh:

;)

OK - a 318iS isn't the ideal candidate for an auto box, and my earlier comment was more tongue-in-cheek than anything else. But we're trying very hard to drag ourselves out of a financial quagmire, and still have fun. With cars and driving, sometimes that fun comes from a smile on your face when you see the car, sometimes it is from driving it. This 318iS falls more into the first category, but the M-Sport kit should make it fun to drive at legal speeds, too.

It's a good, fun car. As it is.

• Like 1

You could always give her your diesel, & buy this............... ;)

Trust me - I've been thinking about it!

So... What is the economy like on a 318iS manual...?

• Like 2

Extremely good economy. From memory I was using around 7.5l/100km (open road and city driving).

I use to drive from Wellington to Hawke's Bay for a weekend, drive round all weekend, return to Wellington then get a soild weeks driving in stop start Wellington traffic off a tank of gas. Around 800km.

Extremely good economy. From memory I was using around 7.5l/100km (open road and city driving).

I use to drive from Wellington to Hawke's Bay for a weekend, drive round all weekend, return to Wellington then get a soild weeks driving in stop start Wellington traffic off a tank of gas. Around 800km.

That sounds quite reasonable. Hmm... I may have to try some nocturnal persuasion on Mrs M. ;)

• Like 1

It's me I'm always looking for a Fiji Green E36 as is Sam.. I just don't want THIS one haha...

May i ask why not this one? Something wrong with it that they havent disclosed?

It's me I'm always looking for a Fiji Green E36 as is Sam.. I just don't want THIS one haha...

May i ask why not this one? Something wrong with it that they havent disclosed?

I was thinking the same thing...! Before I enter a second round of negotiations with Mrs M, is there something I should know?

Must be fairly ok your missus - if you were a bit less endeared with her this'd probably already be parked in your driveway............... :rolleyes:;):)

• Like 1

Must be fairly ok your missus - if you were a bit less endeared with her this'd probably already be parked in your driveway............... :rolleyes:;):)

She's a good lass, and no mistake. Even stayed married to me after I turned up home with a 1990 Porsche 928GT without having spoken to her first... ^_^

I did look at that first, but this one being over 600km away makes that a little tricky.

• Like 1