Sign in to follow this  
jeffbebe

1991 E31 850i

Too much sexiness.

• Like 1

Stupid Christchurch... and stupid 16s, I need to get some better wheels!!!

• Like 1

Just because. Shine courtesy of Sam and Christian @ Attention to Detail...

16023205577_508898bc1c_c.jpg

16023204077_c03302a45d_c.jpg

15994211610_79175eea70_c.jpg

• Like 5

Damn. I absolutely love your car. Always looking good.

The E31 goes on my top ten list for the ultimate garage.

Edited by kulgan
  • Like 1

looking good jooles.... the M5 spoiler really suits!

Thanks Darren. Still got various maintenance tasks (top end engine recon, brake pressure regulator switches, front suspension, diff mounts) before I can tackle some of the cosmetic stuff (like painting and fitting the csi kit I've acquired, lowering the back another inch or so, repairing the headlining and rustproofing and repainting the sunroof) but she's getting there.

Just need a lotto win to speed things up!

Thanks Darren. Still got various maintenance tasks (top end engine recon, brake pressure regulator switches, front suspension, diff mounts) before I can tackle some of the cosmetic stuff (like painting and fitting the csi kit I've acquired, lowering the back another inch or so, repairing the headlining and rustproofing and repainting the sunroof) but she's getting there.

Just need a lotto win to speed things up!

Isn't it risky to lower such a big car? Seen a lowered V8 Falcon bottom out on a rather normal driveway recently, made a nasty metallic clunk.

I do envy your car, love the way it looks. Would buy it if I could. I dream of one with a V10 from the E60 M5.

Like this?

19E94FAA-9E36-424B-9D4D-7C71D5108B6C-256

It would definitely be fun!! I'm quite keen on the Boosted Logic Stage 3+ supercharger. Around $15K so probably cheaper (and far easier) than the S85 conversion and good for around 525bhp! Dreams are free.

The eibach springs at the rear of mine are still a fair bit higher than the csi stock springs (see pics above of the csi and mine). This pic shows the difference between the H&R (which are pretty similar to the Eibachs) rears and csi rears. Not risky lowering it if you're careful... Unlikely to bottom out but will have to be very careful at the front when the csi spoiler is on.

post-16586-0-22528900-1421141884.jpeg

Absolute sex on wheels

Just noticed my car sets off nearby car alarms if revved a little.

Edited by jeffbebe

Just because. Shine courtesy of Sam and Christian @ Attention to Detail...

16023205577_508898bc1c_c.jpg

What an outrageously cool shape.

• Like 4

Erm, is the plate on that corolla, "Violate"?

Good story with that plate. The car belongs to one of my colleague's mothers, her name is Violet. Her husband bought her the plate. Don't think he realised his small but significant error! Haha

• Like 2

That one's been for sale for a while. Tidy example but over priced for a standard 850i dressed up as a csi. Discussed elsewhere in the TradeMe section.

• Like 1

Kinda not surprising they never made it. Would have been expensive!

Flip up headlight delete, ricey bonnet and side vents don't really suit an E31 imo too.

Motor looks well worked though, must be the DOHC type V12?

Yep. DOHC, ITBs, 550bhp from memory. It was the most powerful engine BMW developed for a road car (apart from the S70/2 in the McLaren F1) until the F10 M5 (more than 20 years later). Would have been something else and right up there with the Ferraris and Lambos of the day but just too expensive.

A kiwi Bimmerforums member living in the US helped me out shipping parts cheaply. Part of the deal was that I take the 8er out to show his dad (another enthusiast) when the parts arrived so I drove out to Kawakawa Bay today with Martin (breakmywindow). Great people, great drive and stunning location. What a place to live. Hard to believe it's only half an hour from the CBD.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And pictured with Daniel's dad's E38...

Posted Image

Plus I got my box of rear suspension parts! Whoop!!

• Like 1