Sign in to follow this  
jeffbebe

Am I being too sensitive?

aarrrghhhh i hate oFfeErZz sh*t! its like you know what you want, your just hoping some sucker is going to add heaps on top of your reserve in your head.

Don't get me started on the Offers crap... Half my time on facebook is spent weeding those posts out..

Set up the rule, and people clearly couldn't follow it, so I let rip and it seemed to have worked on half the members.. The other half are new/not aware or can't read.

• Like 1

To the OP - out of interest are you in the business of selling tyres or was this a second hand set you were simply wanting to move on?

My current thing with bimmersport is buy crap i dont need then email andy and see if he wants it.

Hahaha yeah ya do

You guys should get on board with brands like "Goodfriend" and "Goodride" tyres at considerably less prices.

Can do you a set of goodride tyres on E36 rims, special price for you, you buy now

no actually, i do have a set, might do some skids on them or something. they do skids quite well with no grip from new.

Nah, it was the BMW parts facebook page. Pretty sure amber from here runs it ?

I keep an eye on that page. It's all "OfferZ or swapz yo". I'll score what I need, when I need to from it.

Yeah i admin there too, its a lot better than Hustle, at least the vast majority there have more than atwo braincells connected together.

Incidentally i know the founder of the original Hustle Live page. Was a business model he put togehter and came to me for investment in the project.

but didnt really count on the fact that anyone could start one up, and more or less kicked off the Facebook buy sell swap pages for all different tastes in NZ.

I didnt throw any money at it of course.

• Like 1

That page irritates me, so many idiots... so much wrong advice.

Althought I did just tell some guy on there to come around to my house so I could fix his car :P

To the OP - out of interest are you in the business of selling tyres or was this a second hand set you were simply wanting to move on?

Brand new set that I decided I couldn't really afford. TM price would have got me my money back. Bimmersport price lost me a little bit. My loss is his gain clearly.

Suck's when this sort of thing happens.

Getting towards the end of last summer I overheard a workmate saying he was looking for hay bales. Knowing he has a farmlett with some stock I said he could help himself to some of mine. Couple of days later I see his car and trailer leaving my place and it looked like he had the Eifle Tower on his trailer it was stacked so high.

About a week later my step sister tells me she bought some cheap hay for her horse from a workmate of mine. Guess who had been selling the bales he got from me for free.

Bars--rd..

• Like 2

I should add that the buyer has now contacted me. Sounds like a genuine error - tyre shop were unable to fit to his rims, so he listed on TM to get his money back - which is good to know and has restored my faith in humanity. Wish he'd contacted me sooner though as I'd have taken the tyres back and relisted!!

• Like 1

Hope he paid you the price difference, man.

Yup.

Still seems odd... OK, they don't fit. :blink: Surprising perhaps, but not impossible.

The buyer would like to recoup his outlay. Fair enough. So list them back on here at the 'good' price with an explanation. Don't list them on TM for a significant profit - that's not playing the game nicely.

Julian - you're being very nice about this. I think the rest of us are annoyed on your behalf.