Sign in to follow this  
WYZEUP

E46 or E39?

What would you prefer out of the two......e46 330i manual motorsport sedan or e39 530 motorsport sedan?

Had the E39 530i Motorsport, given the option of a 330i manual would have it in a heartbeat.

Trick question. No such thing as a 330 motorsport with a manual gearbox :P

At least without applying some Ray from HellBM.

• Like 1

Haha yes Ray has had a hand in this vehicle with the previous owner

boooooost

in all seriousness ... e39 if you want a comfotible cruiser, e46 if you want more sporty feel but arent worried about the lack of leg room in the back.

• Like 2

boooooost

in all seriousness ... e39 if you want a comfotible cruiser, e46 if you want more sporty feel but arent worried about the lack of leg room in the back.

E39 electronics give me the shits, E46 not so much...

I would love a manual e39....but the parts for one? as far as im aware are far and few between

If i remember right u had a gunmetal 328ci. dont compare the m52b28 with an m54b30. I would personally prefer the 330i manual if it was a coupe..

But in all seriousness i think your 530i is super nice and unless you were unhappy with it just keep it.

That is like chalk and cheese two different vehicles altogether. It would depend on what the person who is looking and their requiremnets, e39 540 or 530 both highway cruiser with some grunt fun to drive and leg room to boot. The e46 a street hoon car with a little flare it tries to hard with a lot of unnecessary stuff to make up for the short fall Josh's statement is onto it.

330i, although both are excellent and very different.

530i if I was doing more motorway driving and long distance, 330i around town.

I would love a manual e39....but the parts for one? as far as im aware are far and few between

I've got the whole lot in my garage.

It's in our 525i though :P The box from a 3 series can be used, and the other bits are small enough to get from europe, if you can't get them here (though most are probably hiding somewhere). Manual vs Auto in these things is nice and day - a manual E39 feels like a completely different car to an auto one.

Is the electronics not the difficult bit to get around in these vehicles?

For manual conversions? Not so much, no.

seems i have been misinformed and i need to do some more research into it

seems i have been misinformed and i need to do some more research into it

I should say, it's not something you can do yourself unless you have the gear. But there are people out there who are easily capable of coping with the electronic side of things.

If you are sure you wish to proceed to do a manual conversion on either a e39 or e46 research,research and even more research. It is the little things that will catch you out that is what I found when converting over the e46. As for the electronic side not impossible and been around for a few years now as Tony said their are people who can solve that for you. Best of luck with what ever you decided to do