Sign in to follow this  
BMTHUG

e46 M3 GTR

What do people hear when they listen to that type of music, 'cos it can't be what I hear...Maybe people say it is good music just to conform. Do people actually think that sounds good compared to a good jazz cover band like Postmodern Jukebox?

• Like 2

What do people hear when they listen to that type of music, 'cos it can't be what I hear...Maybe people say it is good music just to conform. Do people actually think that sounds good compared to a good jazz cover band like Postmodern Jukebox?

Lol the E46 M3 GTR is the main car in the game need for speed most wanted, the song i posted is the opening credits song to the game. those of us that were teens and adult teens 10 years ago will get the post!

• Like 3

Then I'm too old. I did however install the original PC version of NFS in 1995.

• Like 5

NFS II SE was the absolute business back in the day, kicked off my obsession with the F50.

I reckon Porsche 2000 was the high-water mark for the series tbh, lost interest after the focus shifted.

• Like 3

NFS II SE was the absolute business back in the day, kicked off my obsession with the F50.

I reckon Porsche 2000 was the high-water mark for the series tbh, lost interest after the focus shifted.

do you have a copy of that? would love to get my hands on it, been looking for ages. we snapped the disk moving house way back when, still havent recovered.

M3 GTR all the way!!!

That is so overpriced I don't even know where to begin.

You can get a proper ALMS E46 M3 GTR replica for almost half of the price and it has all proper ALMS GTR suspension changes and body panel work done properly.

Call me stupid but is the original listing even a "genuine" M3 GTR? Has a lot more aftermarket bits than BMW bits, or is that normal for a GTR?

• Like 1

do you have a copy of that? would love to get my hands on it, been looking for ages. we snapped the disk moving house way back when, still havent recovered.

Long lost to the sands of time I'm afraid.

Long lost to the sands of time I'm afraid.

I *might* have a copy sitting on my office desk at home..... will look for you :-)

• Like 1

I *might* have a copy sitting on my office desk at home..... will look for you :-)

I also "might" have a copy of NFS II but not the SE, at home in Porirua. I definitely have Porsche 2000 somewhere :ph34r:

That is so overpriced I don't even know where to begin.

You can get a proper ALMS E46 M3 GTR replica for almost half of the price and it has all proper ALMS GTR suspension changes and body panel work done properly.

Personally I would disagree with that statement, having seen what V8 GTR reps have been changing hands for in NZ. Look at the spares list and work out the $$$$s for those as well.

It is hard to tell from photos how good a job has been done on cars like these, or any proper replica. But without crawling all over it, this looks to be one of the better ones..

• Like 1

I also "might" have a copy of NFS II but not the SE, at home in Porirua. I definitely have Porsche 2000 somewhere :ph34r:

I feel like we need a Need for Speed thread.

I've got Underground 2 and NFS 3 Hot Pursuit on PC, Most Wanted and Carbon on PS2 and Undercover on PS3

I've got Underground 2 and NFS 3 Hot Pursuit on PC, Most Wanted and Carbon on PS2 and Undercover on PS3

Network game / multiplayer?

Keep your E46's, I'd put a bit more in the kitty and buy a legitimate BMW Motorsport Z4 GT3 https://racecarsdirect.com/Advert/Details/58964/bmw-z4-gt3

Very nice car (you see a few on that web-site) but for 150,000 Euro I'd at least want some wheels...

Mine is NFS SE... not II...

:-(

Between us, we probably have every version though!

Network game / multiplayer?

Only if we can do truck races so i can drive my H2 on 26s and suicide doors

I have akmost all of them

• The Need for Speed
  • ​SE
  • High Stakes
  • Porsche 2000 (just brought it last week after this thread thanks!!)
  • Underground 1 (PC)
  • Underground 2 (Xbox original)
  • Most Wanted (original one) on PC
  • big jump in age to Undercover

Definately the best one was the original Most Wanted, though i thouroughly enjoyed both Underground games especially 2, and Porsche 2000.

High Stakes and Undercover total garbage, The Need for Speed and SE im sure were good at the time, but i played them about 4 or 5 years after they came out and graphics had moved on by then