Sign in to follow this  
B.M.W Ltd

Work Experience

Would anyone like to have some workshop experience for a week starting the 28th September ?

Must have a full license and be of tidy appearance and speak english

Give me a call (09) 2722546 0r 021921377

Ask for Glenn

• Like 4

Hi Glenn, I might have someone in mind - are you offering anything in the way of wages?

This is a really cool opportunity for someone.

Agreed! Would be a goldmine of experience. *jealous*

• Like 1

awesome, Glenn. good on you for making time for this.

I recall finding work experience with an auto electrician back when I was in the 4th form. 2 days of working in their workshop, reconditioning starter motors and alternators, getting the smoko, learning a bit about working in a workplace! Invaluable experience, and they bought me lunch to boot. I didn't end up training as an auto-sparks, though it gave me insight into that job.

++ Kudos. I trust you attract someone who appreciates the opportunity.

No Joy... spinning spanners and oil might soil their fingers and hands may be. And we open before 10am

Edited by *Glenn*
  • Like 2

No Joy... spinning spanners and oil might soil their fingers and hands may be. And we open before 10am

I would have been keen if I was in Auckland...

I'm probably a teensy bit older than the sort of person you're looking for but if I could get time off, I'd be there like a shot.

My daughter is on holiday and would enjoy it, but doesn't have a license. :(

• Like 1

This is disappointing to hear. A great opportunity for someone. The state of youngsters these days is terrible.

This is disappointing to hear. A great opportunity for someone. The state of youngsters these days is terrible.

As a 19 year old I sadly have to agree with this statement :(

Agreed, I did work experience for a year with a Toyota dealership, awesome opportunity and learnt a bunch.

Have you rung up a local high school? One of the tech class teachers may be able to point you at someone suitable.

Yes I rang the Automotive head tutor at Pakuranga college . It may have been my priorities... Intelligent, tidy appearance, well mannered, clean drivers licence, enthusiastic ???

Easier to stay at home on the benefit than learn skills and get a job.

• Like 3

Try a Winz work broker. There are some really good ones in Auckland and quite a number of young people on the books so to speak. Some may just lack the self confidence to get into their first job.

In my pervious role we'd get to hear many success stories for the young ones that just needed that first door opened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

excellent idea!