Sign in to follow this  
andrewm

oil sale supercheapauto saturday

Castrol edge 5w30 and 5w40 $40 not sure on any limits

Castrol magnatec $25

Thought I would give a heads up probably plenty people using the 5w30 edge.

• Like 4

Cheers. I went to go get some Valvolene they had at a great price two weekends back and it was all sold out.

You need to get in there real early.

Repco had 25% off last week. They all must loose money to pull customers in with these tricks.

I did go and have a look. But even 25% was far more expensive than what Supercheap was selling. So yeah there must be some losses going on.

Repco had 25% off last week. They all must loose money to pull customers in with these tricks.

I did go and have a look. But even 25% was far more expensive than what Supercheap was selling. So yeah there must be some losses going on.

I bought two (5L?) bottles of Valvoline VR-1 Racing 10W40 last weekend in Repco. Typically SCA is cheaper, but the 25% firmly tipped the scales in Repco's favour on that occasion.

Ohh god dammit!!! Just spent $600 on oil last weekpost-5102-0-87459600-1443493902_thumb.jp

They pay about $60 for the Edge 5w30. Used to get stuff all off it with staff discount (Cost + GST + 10%) when I worked for FCO. Saved about $5 I think.

Ohh god dammit!!! Just spent $600 on oil last weekattachicon.gifimage.jpg

Doesn't SCA have a policy that if it's on sale soon after, your get the difference credited, or something similar?

Doesn't SCA have a policy that if it's on sale soon after, your get the difference credited, or something similar?

Dunno. I know that when I went into repco and asked if they would pricematch SCA, they said they wouldn't as it would be illegal; a breach of competition law, or something. :huh::unsure:

That said, the guy I spoke to did go on to say they'd not yet publicised it but they would be offering 25% off oil the following weekend. Which is when I bought mine.

Confusingly, I received a reasonable discount from another Repco store when I asked for it. I was buying 4x5L of Penrite Enviro+ 5W40 at the time.

Yes. If you have (and use) a SCA club card.

And SCA will price match so not sure what Repco is on about.

• Like 1

Yes, but I ended up getting signed up for a trade card so took the 10% off instead of using my club card. Wonder if I could nip down and return it all... Then buy it back at the weekend special....

All the supercheaps sold out well before midday.

The Mt Wellington store told me that they had ten people queued up before the store opened.

I went to four stores and all were sold out, but it can still be bought online through their website.

It will have to be ordered today.

Through friends getting some for me, and ordering online, I've managed to get 7 bottles of 5w30.

35 litres for $280 is awesome in my book.

I bought oil filters from repco as they had 25% off filters, and supercheap were selling for full price.

• Like 1

Yes, but I ended up getting signed up for a trade card so took the 10% off instead of using my club card. Wonder if I could nip down and return it all... Then buy it back at the weekend special....

50% off is better than 10% off :)

I've managed to get 7 bottles of 5w30.

35 litres for $280 is awesome in my book.

You need it Nathan .... you drive a N42/46 4 cylinder BMW :P

• Like 3

50% off is better than 10% off :)

Rub it in lol